What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

More Pac-12 Media Deals

Boise has a lot of graduate degree programs. You can see them here: http://www.boisestate.edu/gradcoll/0003.html

Quality rather than quantity however? Well that's another thing entirely....

As a practical matter however there is zero chance that Boise would ever be admitted to the P14/16. Why? Because they bring no meaningful TV market. Which means they would dilute the per school TV payout and there isn't a single P12 chancellor who will willingly vote to decrease his/her schools take.

Through the lens of today, you're absolutely correct. 15 or 20 years from now, who knows? They'd need to keep performing to grow the national appeal. The Idaho population would have to grow quite a bit. And, most importantly, we'd have to see that 16 teams allowed for a 2-round conference playoff that delivered a huge windfall for the semi-final games. Even with all that, I don't see how they'd come in as an immediate equal partner and I don't think they'd rate as high as a New Mexico.

Well, that's a fairly recent development since we lived there...

Must've thrown them together real quick so they could be looked at by BCS conferences. My apologies on my previous statement - need to stop relying on past history/experience.
For some reason I had in my head that as recently as last year they had no PhD programs - it looks like they now have two.

They're obviously a long way away from AAU eligibility, but AAU membership isn't static and definitely changes over time (just ask kNU).

It would be a serious commitment over a very long period to get to academic respectability, but it was serious commitment over a long period to get to football respectability (and they still haven't even really gotten there yet).

Why so? I have always thought Hawaii had a pretty good academic standing. Is it more the size of the student body not being large enough? What holds them back?
Ummm... WHAT? Maybe their biology department, but otherwise, no. It was the safety school of safety schools for me.

No one wants to travel to Hawaii and back on a consistent basis. This is even more true during the heart of an academic school year.

Bad excuse, you do it once a year per sport. No different than going to the east coast if you are on the west coast.

Bufnik and Cal84, thanks for the rundown. Every time something like this comes up, it looks like CU's move to the Pac-12 is better and better. And, wouldn't you say that a deal like this makes it even less likely that there will ever be a Pac-16 trying to integrate Texas and their network into the fold?

Pabuff. I'm looking for a website with good fart noises. Can you provide links to something like that? Thanks in advance.

Fify, it is even more of an insult.

Guys, guys, guys. Santa Cruz Banana Slugs. Santa Barbara Gauchos. Let's try to keep this straight.

Back