What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Most improved player in '09?

Most improved player in 2009

• Total voters
Marcus Burton, hands down IMO. His play at LB will set the tone for the defense. He looked great in the spring game, and his size (250lb+) gives us a run stopper when we go with only 3 d-linemen in front of the LB.

Lots of guys really need to step up their game, but I went with DS. I believe that after the 2009 season he's going to be mentioned as a Heisman hopeful for 2010.

Marcus Burton, hands down IMO. His play at LB will set the tone for the defense. He looked great in the spring game, and his size (250lb+) gives us a run stopper when we go with only 3 d-linemen in front of the LB.
:yeahthat: burton... I watched him in the spring game... guy played like a madman. How he moves his bulk around I don't know, but he is gonna lay some HURT on some fools this year...

i said obi because i want it to be true. CU could sure use him having a breakout year. :gobuffs:

I couldn't decide. Both Hawkins and Hansen could see big improvement this year. DS could be the breakout guy. I want to see Polk have a great year.

But I'm hoping "Most Improved" goes to Aric Goodman, because that would be the biggest leap from goat to hero I can imagine in a long time. Go Aric! Make 'em all.

[video=youtube;HMpSERsiJbo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMpSERsiJbo[/video]

Good list. We need all of them to step up.
Aric Goodman has the most upside, considering how terrible his performance was last season.

From the point of team needs, I HOPE it's Conrad Obi.

Lockridge has the most to prove, given his competition.

If Hansen takes a quantum leap, it would go a long way to resolving our QB situation.

My choice is Ryan Miller, who under Johnson's coaching, evolves into an all conference stud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most Improved:

Solder. A hard-workin' dude, with all of the physical tools and now has a year under his belt at the tackle position.

Honorable mentions:

Jimmy Smith. We've seen a few flashes and some big plays (to defensive TDs against nu in two years), but now that he's settled in, dedicated and down with Coach Brown, I expect big things from him this season.

Herrod. We need him to be the guy.

Obi. See Herrod.

Lockridge. His frosh. year we saw what he could do. He's a badass who played through a hernia! The dude is tough. I think he comes back hungry. I'm not sure how he gets the ball, but I'm guessing he could be dangerous from a multitude of spots.

Scott. When that dude got in the secondary he was amazing! Sure, he got caught from behind once, but generally he juked, jumped and crunched corners and safeties when he got there. With an O-line poised to open a path where he can get a head-of-steam, BAM! Watch out.

Speedy. Lightning. He hates hearing all of the DS bull****, comes out with a chip on his shoulder. Our backfield remains fresh all game long, and starts taking advantage of a tired D.

Sumler. Let's face it...I'm excited about our entire stable of running backs. This guy's a true Buff who works his butt off. He progressed throughout the season last year, and will only get better with this improved line. I can't mention the other guys without dropping his name as well.

Hawkins. He threw for 3000 as a true frosh. Many feel that he peaked then, because his knowledge of the game was so superior. Bull****. There's no substitution for game speed experience. He was on the run last season, but with a little protection he could easily surpass his freshman numbers, providing his receivers step up.

It will most likely be one of the kickers, but I voted for Goree. He's had time to learn from the recently departed dt's, and he should be feeling the heat from the incoming dlinemen.

I think it sets up very well for DS this year to be our most improved player. He had a very disappointing first year based on the hype, the O-line was in disarray with the injuries, and this year there will be more of a commitment to the run.

Going with Little Hawk....I think with a solid line in front of him he's going to put up similar numbers than his RS-Frosh year (hopefully with less TO's too :smile2:)

Riar Geer deserves some mention. If he gets back to his freshman year numbers, that would be an impovement over the prior 2.

Back