What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Most Improved Teams for 2015 - Do Over Thread

MiamiBuffs

YYZ
Club Member
COULD WE JUST STOP IT!!! I'd like to discuss how improved we will be next year, PLEASE!

I was on my way to Lake Texoma yesterday to do some off season work on the boat and was listening to Dari and Mel (Dari Nowkhah and Mel Kiper) They had a segment where they were discussing the teams they expect to be the most improved for 2015. Their #1 was Arkansas, #2 Texas, and #3 yes that's right boy's and girl's your very own CU Buffs. They had some very nice things to say about the players and the staff. It was quite refreshing to hear the Buffs being discussed on a national radio show, and good things being said about them.

Back on topic if your not into reading 5 pages of barbar and orreo arguing with each other to find the two or three hidden on topic posts.

COULD WE JUST STOP IT!!! I'd like to discuss how improved we will be next year, PLEASE!

Hope they are right.

Unpossible. We lost two more games.

Clearly they haven't spoken to Slider yet.

HA. I'd say I'm about middle of the pack on this board in terms of predicting wins for next year

I certainly hope so. The pieces seem to be there, now can they get over the hump.

That would be some really good news.

I think there are some players that will benefit from another year of S&C. There are hopefully some redshirts and back ups that will now be able to improve depth. We were competitive and close in all but two games. The hope is a couple of kids emerge on defense that can make a difference is some of those. AND Sefo has another year of maturity and doesn't stare down WRs and a few less picks are tossed.

Unfortunately, I think next year may be another one of those years where we have improved, but the W/L record doesn't reflect it. Maybe an additional 2-3 wins, which technically would be a huge improvement, so maybe that's where they're coming from.

And I apologize in advance if somebody made this comment previously. I sincerely don't want to plagiarize. That's downright rude.

which home games do you see us winning next year?

Oregon
Arizona
Stanford
USC

that is about as tough as it gets

For our road games we have these teams:

Arizona State
Oregon State
UCLA
Washington State
Utah

our best chances have to be @Oregon State and [MENTION=6714]Washington[/MENTION] State, so we would need to sweep our OOC schedule just to get to six with those two wins above. (and I don't like our chances @Hawaii)

10 percent chance of beating Oregon, 15 % chance of beating zona, 5 % chance of beating USC, 25% chance to beat Stanford.

Not a friendly home slate.

We could win on the road though....

Oregon State could be a mess next fall. Wazzou is a beatable opponent. We seem to always give Utah a run for their money. ASU is doubtful.

That being said, for MM to survive we have to win a couple of the games that look unwinable. Thats a breakout.

I think Tante has it right, but I look for us to beat Hawaii, and next year could be the year we beat someone we should not

10 percent chance of beating Oregon, 15 % chance of beating zona, 5 % chance of beating USC, 25% chance to beat Stanford.

Not a friendly home slate.

That equals a 55% chance of a home win! #Math

I think 6 is as good as we can do...sweep OOC and beat OSU and WSU. This would be a break out season if we won a home game and went 7-6.

There's a 50/50 chance of us winning, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that. (name the movie)

I really am liking how the team is shaping up next year overall. Confident on the offensive side of the ball. The question is the defense. I think our DL, which was a liability at times this year, cements as a strength after growing up this year. Safety is a position I feel good about with Tedric, Bell, and White - turns into a deep position when (positive thoughts) we add Laguda. CB/NB is good, but thin. Awuzie, Crawley, Walker, and Spoon are solid. Question is do we have a Yuri siting or one of the freshman step up. LB is our glaring weakness and has no depth. Need Addision healthy all year, Olugbode to put on some lbs, and desperately need a newcomer to make an impact.

Buffnik called it after the Utah game, 7 wins is the bar. We would no doubt be one of the most improved teams if we get to a bowl game. We have a team with the talent that is capable of making a bowl game.

Unfortunately, I think next year may be another one of those years where we have improved, but the W/L record doesn't reflect it. Maybe an additional 2-3 wins, which technically would be a huge improvement, so maybe that's where they're coming from.

And I apologize in advance if somebody made this comment previously. I sincerely don't want to plagiarize. That's downright rude.

4-5 wins with out schedule would be a notable step forward. Less than that would be a dissapointment since we should expect continued improvement but the idea that we are suddenly going to be a 7-8 win team is unfortunately ignoring our situation.

We made big strides on offense this year but are still limited by a lack of a consistent recieving threat in the middle of the field by a TE or slot reciever. Our running game got better over the course of the year but we still haven't proven we can consistently get short yardage/goal line. We are also counting on a thin group of RBs, most of who haven't shown they can stay healthy.

STs should get better as we get more athletic overall but we lose a veteran kicker and punter, both of whom have been at least solid.

Our defense this year is far from a level that would let us be a bowl eligible team. DEs, LBs are huge question marks. If we are a better team next year the biggest improvement will likely be on this side of the ball but we still have obvious question marks.

And all of this is subject to us staying reasonably healthy because we are paper thin in a lot of areas.

which home games do you see us winning next year?

Oregon
Arizona
Stanford
USC

that is about as tough as it gets

For our road games we have these teams:

Arizona State
Oregon State
UCLA
Washington State
Utah

our best chances have to be @Oregon State and @Washington State, so we would need to sweep our OOC schedule just to get to six with those two wins above. (and I don't like our chances @Hawaii)

Trying not to cry about the schedule here cause this is big boy PAC 12 football but f*** that is a brutal home slate.
Best case - 4-0 OOC, beat OSU or WSU or both on the road, 1 game we are not supposed to win. 6-7 wins.
Worst case - 2-2 OOC, beat nobody again, 2 wins.
Most probable - 3-1 OOC, beat OSU or WSU, 1 game we are not supposed to win (Utah), 5 wins.

This is what Hawaii did at home last year

loss to Washington by 1 (16-17)
loss to Oregon State by 8 (30-38), they lost @Oregon State in 2013 (lost by 19)
beat Wyoming by 10 (38-28), they lost @Wyoming in 2013 (lost by 3)
lost to Nevada by 8 (18-26), they lost @Nevada in 2013 (lost by 22)
lost to Utah State by 21 (14-35), they lost @Utah State in 2013 (lost by 37)
beat UNLV by 2 (37-35), they lost @UNLV in 2013 (lost by 2)

So Hawaii was obviously not a good team, but being at home was enough to overcome some of the close losses from the year before (they were 1-11 in 2013 and 4-9 in 2014). Everyone who says that Hawaii is much tougher to beat at home is dead on. I just don't have the confidence in our team on the road to count this as a win next year and don't get me started on CSU. I am afraid our ceiling is 6 wins next year and that is if everything goes right for us.

At some point we need to expect to beat nob-P5 teams no matter the location

I feel like I spend all recruiting season convincing people that our recruiting is good enough to get this thing turned around and all I get is hate.

Yet when we talk about next season (every year) everyone thinks we should be a bowl team because we have the talent.

Which is it?

We should be better just about everywhere. I'll predict we are much better up front with some JC guys adding to competition and forcing guys like Gilbert to find a way to add 20 lbs of muscle and become a D1 level body.

Game 1 is pretty much going to be the season. As stated above, Hawaii is tough at home, but Colorado should beat them. If they win, I see 4-0 non-conference. This team held leads or ties in the second half of 7 Pac 12 games this year. They should be better next year, while a few conference foes should take a little step back. I don't think it is unreasonable to think the Buffs can eek out 3 conference wins next year.

With that said, I'm used to hearbreak so who knows what we'll see.

The only home conf. game I think is unwinnable is the Ducks. Not saying we win any others, but we played AZ tough, and Stanford has a lot to clean up on offense. USC, well f them. we're due! I wouldn't write off any of those three.

Iowa St. Georgia St. and CU all went 0 fer in their respective conferences. I would say those three are odds on to be among the most improved since the bar is so low....

I feel like I spend all recruiting season convincing people that our recruiting is good enough to get this thing turned around and all I get is hate.

Yet when we talk about next season (every year) everyone thinks we should be a bowl team because we have the talent.

Which is it?

We should be better just about everywhere. I'll predict we are much better up front with some JC guys adding to competition and forcing guys like Gilbert to find a way to add 20 lbs of muscle and become a D1 level body.

Sounds like you convinced everbody. Now you can shut up about our ****ty recruiting.

The confidence that the defense will improve substantially is a mystery to me.

Recession to the mean has to happen eventually, but yea I agree
The "front seven will be older" argument is flimsy. Basically an injury or two away from disaster again. But at least that side is really getting coached up.

Until they rebuild our depth AND improve the talent I can't really see more than 5 wins next fall. Unless there is some redshirt phenom we don't know about because he was, you know, redshirting.

Which is it?

I'm going with hate.

Back