What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Most Improved Teams for 2015 - Do Over Thread

I feel like I spend all recruiting season convincing people that our recruiting is good enough to get this thing turned around and all I get is hate.

Yet when we talk about next season (every year) everyone thinks we should be a bowl team because we have the talent.

Which is it?

We should be better just about everywhere. I'll predict we are much better up front with some JC guys adding to competition and forcing guys like Gilbert to find a way to add 20 lbs of muscle and become a D1 level body.

You sure about that? Check the prediction thread, more than 70% so far are predicting 6 wins or less which would mean no bowl game.

The "front seven will be older" argument is flimsy. Basically an injury or two away from disaster again. But at least that side is really getting coached up.

Tupou and Solis are solid but aren't going to get much better. If one of them get hurt we could be in a world of trouble. DE should be better but even with more size and experience they will still be undersized.

LB is the biggest issue. I love Gillam but he is undersized. We can hope he is more healthy but how much of his injury trouble was because he is underweight. KO is an athlete but when has he shown instincts. I have big hopes for Watanabe but until we see it??????

Speaking of Watanabe we will again be counting on true freshmen. Watanabe, Falo, ?? will be playing major roles because we just don't have anyone else.

Tupou and Solis are solid but aren't going to get much better. If one of them get hurt we could be in a world of trouble. DE should be better but even with more size and experience they will still be undersized.

LB is the biggest issue. I love Gillam but he is undersized. We can hope he is more healthy but how much of his injury trouble was because he is underweight. KO is an athlete but when has he shown instincts. I have big hopes for Watanabe but until we see it??????

Speaking of Watanabe we will again be counting on true freshmen. Watanabe, Falo, ?? will be playing major roles because we just don't have anyone else.

I dont think AG is undersized next year.

JC Genova should be in the mix next season at LB. Have heard he is a gamer...DB speed in a linebacker body.

I feel like I spend all recruiting season convincing people that our recruiting is good enough to get this thing turned around and all I get is hate.

Yet when we talk about next season (every year) everyone thinks we should be a bowl team because we have the talent.

Which is it?

We should be better just about everywhere. I'll predict we are much better up front with some JC guys adding to competition and forcing guys like Gilbert to find a way to add 20 lbs of muscle and become a D1 level body.

You tell everyone the recruiting is good enough, so you went ahead and predicted 6 wins and no bowl next year. Good stuff.

JC Genova should be in the mix next season at LB. Have heard he is a gamer...DB speed in a linebacker body.

We should see the JC kid at DE as well but I'm not counting them until they are here and in the line-up performing. Even with both of them we are still painfully thin in the front 7.

Back