What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Much Bowl Talk From HCMM & Players

HCMM's Buffs haven't "folded" against any team so far, why would they start with UH? You and "Buffs are fragile" Nik, should get a room!
As mentioned here, they did fold last year. It was the first game but to their credit they never gave up the rest of the year...they went 28-28 against USC in the second half of a game that was over by halftime.

They are a better team and my point is we will have to see if their new found confidence can withstand inevitable disappointments. I think it can, but to me the jury is still out...it's one thing coming into a season with "1-0 every week" talk and another with "we're going to a bowl" talk. Fingers crossed.

I love our players, but all that I hear is what I've heard the last 10 years: :blah::blah:

I need to SEE that they are better. UH is a pretty big opening test for them, and they better be ready for it. If UH wins that game, I will be very concerned about the team's mentality, because that is an absolutely essential W to hope for a bowl game.

I love our players, but all that I hear is what I've heard the last 10 years: :blah::blah:

I need to SEE that they are better. UH is a pretty big opening test for them, and they better be ready for it. If UH wins that game, I will be very concerned about the team's mentality, because that is an absolutely essential W to hope for a bowl game.

With all the talk, they better leave it all on the field against Hawaii. I like the attitude. Now let's see them back it up.

With all the talk, they better leave it all on the field against Hawaii. I like the attitude. Now let's see them back it up.

That's the type of game that should be won in the trenches if this team is ready to win this season.

If we had beaten Hawaii in 2011 (and that was a better UH team than what they have now, at least it would seem), probably not as much concern with the opener. Crap teams like New Mexico have gone there and won recently (2012). They did put a scare into UW and OSU last season in Oahu though, before losing, and those were the 1st two games.

OSU was completely taking it to them at one point and I believe Washington had to play a backup QB since the starter was suspended.

Here's our schedule and the rankings of the teams we play in the AP, Coaches and CBS polls. (CBS pisses me off, btw. They have CU ranked 80th).

TeamAPCoachesCBS Sports
Hawaii--119
U. Mass--98
CSU--61
Nicholls St.---
Oregon257
ASU121612
Arizona192223
Oregon St.--83
UCLA101413
Stanford-2119
USC20109
Washington St.--79
Utah-3033

I hope the attitude translates to the field. If that's their goal, they won't be able to take plays off, give up on plays, halt our possessions or extend the opponents' possessions with stupid penalties or missed opportunities by being in the wrong place. We aren't good enough to coast to ugly wins. Need grit, determination, and execution if we want to win.

Back