What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Music at practice

Wasn't this board collectively all over Embree for allowing music to be played at practice? I seem to remember a thread about how bad their practices were, as evidenced by the fact that actually were blaring music.

I could be wrong. I was wrong once. It felt funny.

You wont be wrong this time.

I was the one that posted that thread, it was titled something like "our practices are a disaster." The thread was posted late in Embree's tenure and described in the first person what I had been told, I framed it as me walking by practice bt that was never the real story, I just didn't feel like outing myself to the AD if they read this forum. Now safely distanced from that story and with a healthy helping of turnover at CU I'll give you they real story:

A senior member of the foundation and friend of mine hosted 4 donor's from the west coast for a late season practice, the music was the tangible outward sign of the issue but after leaving practice the donors turned to said member of the foundation and said in no uncertain terms, "I hope you never take a valued contributor to one of these practices, they are a train wreck." The music was so loud they were not capable of talking to each-other, everyone but the first team was standing around, anyone who screwed up got a tongue lashing and told to sit down. There was no flow no order to anything. I know one of these donors personally and he had a son who played college sports. We commiserated over what we had both seen first hand at different times.

I have been to this year's practices, there is indeed music but if you think it is loud or disruptive this year you have no frame of reference. To me thought the fact that members of the CU Foundation are no longer too embarrassed to bring donors to practice tells you all you need to know.

On the down side (or not?) they dont get to go out drinking on the coaches anymore either.

I thought the whole "blaring music" thing started back in the day when teams were preparing for crowd noise on the road?

Back