What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My AP top-25 football ballot: Florida State, Auburn climb; Oregon falls; re-consideri

RSSBot

News Junkie
Jon Wilner

Highlights … * There were major changes this week as a result of the carnage in the SEC and nationally: Nine teams in the AP top-25 poll lost. * After much thought, I kept Alabama in the top spot. The Tide’s win in College Station doesn’t mean quite what it did before Texas A&M lost [...]

Originally posted by College Hotline
Click here to view the article.

As critical as I was of Wilner last week, I have to give him credit for making major changes to his ballot this week. As he noted, FSU's win last night is the most impressive win by any team this season and he has them at 2 over Oregon. He has this to say about Oregon at #3, although this will change in the coming weeks with them having games against UCLA and Stanford:

Oregon fell to No. 3 even though its resume got a boost from Tennessee’s win over South Carolina. The Ducks crushed UT in September, and that win continues to carry weight as the Vols grind through the SEC with some measure of success.

But Oregon doesn’t have a single win to match Florida State over Clemson or the combination of wins to match Alabama’s trio of A&M, Mississippi and VaTech.

I also really like that he has Ohio State only at #8. One that sticks out to me is Baylor down at 15 but I'm sure that's based on their weak schedule so far.

Back