What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My Breaking Point

I skipped college and was thrown in to a starting role in the majors. I signed up on my first ever visit to this place. It was my first ever visit to any fan board. I posted for the first time in one of the first 10 threads I opened.

Some of us were born to be here.

Well I'd say you are more of a phoenix rising from the ashes of the poster you are talking about. This new firebird is mean, cruel, sexist, and an overall arsehole.

You will run this place one day and allbuffs will tremble in fear.

Well I'd say you are more of a phoenix rising from the ashes of the poster you are talking about. This new firebird is mean, cruel, sexist, and an overall arsehole.

You will run this place one day and allbuffs will tremble in fear.

I do run this place and people do tremble in fear. Minus the homosexuality, nttawwt, you can call me Omar.

This thread demonstrates the overall progression of a community. The members make (or break) the community. Many posters here have 1000s of posts and have in many cases been on the board for several years - many have formed strong bonds with other members because of their frequent social interactions and ultimately their own little de-facto sub-group with Allbuffs. Nothing wrong with any of that. But it can become somewhat analogous to the "cool kids" table in the school cafeteria - not everyone is in on the inside jokes permeate so many threads.

A thread that is over 200 post and most of it back and forth banter between a small group of "insiders" is somewhat tedious for me to try to wade through. I know there have been some threads that start our interestingly enough and I think about adding to the discussion but realize the thread has been jacked and there is not reason to post anything. The thread jacking has grown dramatically in the last year...I find myself coming less and less - and posting very little. I think dio reflected some of my sentiments in his post .

It is the community that gets to decide what type of place this will be - not any single poster...I just wanted to throw my thoughts out for consideration (or not).

5c6f7901894e0b8ecf10a7e56f157925.JPG

I would have pictured SJP as more of a Budweiser drinker.

One thing I do not know is what was happening at netbuffs that caused the migration?

netbuffs sucks for a variety of reasons:

#1 - the people suck. Do you think they have their own sackygate? Hell no. This place is a community
#2 - the people suck. The amount of stupidity there is staggering
#3 - the layout is terrible
#4 - someone can call you a ****sucking ****face and you can respond go to hell and you would be the one getting banned.

I skipped college and was thrown in to a starting role in the majors. I signed up on my first ever visit to this place. It was my first ever visit to any fan board. I posted for the first time in one of the first 10 threads I opened.

Some of us were born to be here.

I was neg repped on my very first post (where I elaborately deailed why every member of the Hawkins family is a worhless pile of excrement) and it's been all downhill ever since. I love this place. Threadjacks rule.

A thread that is over 200 post and most of it back and forth banter between a small group of "insiders" is somewhat tedious for me to try to wade through. I know there have been some threads that start our interestingly enough and I think about adding to the discussion but realize the thread has been jacked and there is not reason to post anything. The thread jacking has grown dramatically in the last year...I find myself coming less and less - and posting very little. I think dio reflected some of my sentiments in his post .

I don't agree with that. Go ahead and post what you're thinking. You're probably not the only person still interested in the topic. It might actually help bring the thread back on topic. If it doesn't, I promise to reimburse you the full cost of your post. (unless your post is in one of the paid member forums, of course. and excluding the cost of your computer. and your internet connection. but other than that, I'll make up the cost to you. with certain exceptions...)

If you stop commenting because of threadjackers, the threadjackers will have won...

I'm thankful for this site due to the layout difference between AllBuffs and NetBuffs. If the AllBuffs layout was the same on NetBuffs, I probably would have been splitting my time between the two boards. It's so sad that some sites still use the NetBuffs format and has used that since early 2000...slackers.

Threadjacks do happen but we can always get back on topic just like some real life conservations...what's the difference?

I'm thankful for this site due to the layout difference between AllBuffs and NetBuffs. If the AllBuffs layout was the same on NetBuffs, I probably would have been splitting my time between the two boards. It's so sad that some sites still use the NetBuffs format and has used that since early 2000...slackers.

Threadjacks do happen but we can always get back on topic just like some real life conservations...what's the difference?

It's more about greed than being slackers. If you open an AllBuffs thread and read 10 replies, it goes into the tracking statistics as 1 page view. If you do the same thing in the NetBuffs format, it goes in as 10 page views. That makes a huge impact on advertising rates. Matt and team chose to make the user experience as good as possible over chasing a buck.

It's more about greed than being slackers. If you open an AllBuffs thread and read 10 replies, it goes into the tracking statistics as 1 page view. If you do the same thing in the NetBuffs format, it goes in as 10 page views. That makes a huge impact on advertising rates. Matt and team chose to make the user experience as good as possible over chasing a buck.
You may be good, but I still don't think Matt is ever going to sleep with you.

It will be easier than PMing the stuff we already self censor from the masses in the public forum. Off topic threads are the most interesting ones. If people don't like reading stupid ramblings from a wide collection of individual weirdos, then they shouldn't be on a forum looking for their information. They should be in the article section.

If we were more welcoming to new posters then we would end up with a lot of really ****** posters.

Nostradamus

Back