What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My hopes for recruiting under MacIntyre

...WTF... Why the hell do I ever read this stupid bull****. I'll chalk this up as the dumbest comment on AB of 2013. I'm sure it will be bested many times over.

And if you put him on ignore you wouldn't quote him, so the rest of us who have him on ignore won't see it either.

...WTF... Why the hell do I ever read this stupid bull****. I'll chalk this up as the dumbest comment on AB of 2013. I'm sure it will be bested many times over.

Can we just make this BB2's signature line. Don't know if a truer statement has ever been posted on this site.

Recruiting grade so far would be a D+

pancakequeen.jpg

Expectations need to be in line with Colorado's place in the college football world right now.

Colorado hasn't had a winning season since 2005. From that 2005 season to today, Colorado has had 4 different head football coaches. In the Pac-12 conference, Colorado's football facilities are at or near the bottom. Correct or incorrect, there is a general public perception that the City of Boulder is racists, or at the very least, hostile to African Americans, including football players. The last head football coach, who was a former player at Colorado and a lifetime position coach at Colorado, publicly stated to all who would listen that race played a role in his termination. The greatest football coach the program has ever known, who took the program to the highest levels of college football, publicly stated to all who would listen that race played a role in Embree's termination. Several local media members, and a large number of fans, are absolutely convinced that the University is not at all behind the football program, does not support the football program, does not give the football program the tools to succeed - and said media members have publicly stated the same to all who would listen.

In short -- this football program is GARBAGE right now. It is perceived as the WORT BCS program in the country by many. It shouldn't be expected, right now, for CU to compete on the recruiting trail with ANYONE at the BCS level. That is not so say that CU shouldn't TRY to recruit with the best of the best. But it should not be considered a failure on the part of this staff if they fail to win those types of recruiting battles.

At this point in time - Colorado needs to be recruiting players who can make this team BETTER. Not national championship contenders. Not even Pac-12 championship contenders. But make this football team BETTER. More competitive. When this football program starts winning 5 or 6 games a year -- THEN I expect them to start recruiting better. When the facilities begin construction and when the product on the field looks like a real football team --- THEN I expect the coaches to start pulling in a top 35 recruiting class.

Colorado should be beating Colorado State, Air Force, Fresno State, San Jose State, San Diego State, BYU, UNLV, Iowa State, Kansas, Washington State, etc. for football players right now -- because that is the level of football program in Boulder right now. Beat those teams on the football field and on the recruiting trail -- and THEN start trying to move up to compete against the USC's, UCLA's, Oregon's, etc.

Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a sensible discussion is on average 20/100. Heck if you don't agree with me, you are dumb argument.

Last edited:
Recruiting so far is a D+. If you don't like my opinion, **** you, or put me on the ignore list.

For example I can't read Darth snow comments , he is on my ignore list, not that difficult folks.

Big Bang, since you are intent on continuing to post in this thread, can I ask you why you give the class a "D+" grade? It is basically the same class as when MacIntyre took over and I thought you liked several of the players.

Big Bang, since you are intent on continuing to post in this thread, can I ask you why you give the class a "D+" grade? It is basically the same class as when MacIntyre took over and I thought you liked several of the players.

I do like the OL recruiting, but, it is not the same class, the class was about a C before the loss of Parsons, Jagne and Loud, now it is a D+. Ranked in the 80's in recruiting, not enough game changers committed, not enough speed, looks more like the class Hawkins will bring in. I am not blaming Coach Mac, will give him at least a full year before I can make any judgements on his ability to recruit. But it is what it is, the class so far is not that good.

Hawk's classes were better than Embo's. This is mostly Embree's class

My theory is bb2 writes his comments and runs them through Dumb Argument 0.8 before posting. No one really has opinions completely based on illogic and grammar that bad.

Hawk's classes were better than Embo's. This is mostly Embree's class

I know that you live to dump on Embree and I ignore it most of the time. But you continue to put out misinformation. For one recruiting Colorado was very important to JE - he grew up in the metro area and felt strongly about getting Colorado kids in here to be part of the rebuilding. Was he successful at it - no, he would tell you himself it was one of the things that really bothered him. But to say he did not care about Colorado recruiting is false.

Embree was only the coach for 23 months but he had some good recruiting. I thought the job he did coming into CU for the 2011 class was excellent - he found Nembot, Asiata ( too bad he did not work out), Nelson Spruce, etc. I wish we were adding those type of players now. The 2012 class was very good considering CU's record at the time. I think we would all be happier if this 2013 class was shaping up at all like the 2012. Hawk's last couple of classes were not that good.

Embree's gone, he was not successful but to continually throw mud on him is not the path to take.

I know that you live to dump on Embree and I ignore it most of the time. But you continue to put out misinformation. For one recruiting Colorado was very important to JE - he grew up in the metro area and felt strongly about getting Colorado kids in here to be part of the rebuilding. Was he successful at it - no, he would tell you himself it was one of the things that really bothered him. But to say he did not care about Colorado recruiting is false.

Embree was only the coach for 23 months but he had some good recruiting. I thought the job he did coming into CU for the 2011 class was excellent - he found Nembot, Asiata ( too bad he did not work out), Nelson Spruce, etc. I wish we were adding those type of players now. The 2012 class was very good considering CU's record at the time. I think we would all be happier if this 2013 class was shaping up at all like the 2012. Hawk's last couple of classes were not that good.

Embree's gone, he was not successful but to continually throw mud on him is not the path to take.

We will have to disagree on Embree's in-state recruiting. He did not endear himself to many in-state coaches and actually did not know names, positions, etc. of a few kids.

The 2011 class was far from "excellent" IMO. From a skill position standpoint, Nelson Spruce is the only guy preventing it from being a complete washout. That is not good.

We will have to disagree on Embree's in-state recruiting. He did not endear himself to many in-state coaches and actually did not know names, positions, etc. of a few kids.

The 2011 class was far from "excellent" IMO. From a skill position standpoint, Nelson Spruce is the only guy preventing it from being a complete washout. That is not good.
massive understatement.

Did not say the class was excellent but I thought the salvage job they did in a 6 week period of time was. Remember that Hawkins had only a handful of kids committed when Embree was hired. Transition classes are always tough.

Did not say the class was excellent but I thought the salvage job they did in a 6 week period of time was. Remember that Hawkins had only a handful of kids committed when Embree was hired. Transition classes are always tough.

Not arguing he was dealt a rough hand, just saying he signed eight offensive skill position players in that class and only one (Spruce) looks like he is going to make an impact at this level. And I am actually talking any kind of impact, not just playing a lot on offense.

No Dan Skipper. Landing Skipper would push this class up to an A/A-, right bb?

Back