What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My New Favorite Youtube 62-36

Newsflash: You've reached your ceiling with Bo.

I don't think so. But we'll see. His ceiling his higher than many think. He has made mistakes, that's for sure. He seems to learn and mature from them though. This year will be important, however the one after this season is more important. Coach Beck will (should) have a much improved Offense with more of his players in the system and with his young assistants with one more year to gel. Time will tell. The Defense will be stronger, that's for sure.

This post is funny as hell. One thing I will say. The 62-36 game brought lots of Husker fans down to Earth. It took a few years to do so, but it did. It was bound to happen.
But watch out! Nebraska players, coaches and fans are talking about Conference Championships and National Championships. They have cause to do so. They (We) know the program is headed in the right direction and things are looking up. Way up! There is optimism circling the program and not many fans are living in the past like we've seen for the last 10 years. It's going to be especially fun to be a Husker fan this season and going into the future. I can see some of the same with the Colorado program and how Buff fans are starting get jacked up again. Time will tell if the right Coach and staff are in place.

I would think about winning a conference title before a national title. When was the last time Nebraska went on a drought without winning a conf title like this? Not being a smartass, just curious.

I would think about winning a conference title before a national title. When was the last time Nebraska went on a drought without winning a conf title like this? Not being a smartass, just curious.

Did we actually win a conference more recently than they did

Did we actually win a conference more recently than they did

Great question: CU last won it in 2001 vs Texas (39-37) and last played in the CCG in 2005 vs Texas and lost 70-3. NU last won it in 1999 vs Texas (22-6) and last played in the CCG in 2010 vs Oklahoma and lost 23-20.

During the 15 years CU and NU were in the Big 12 Conference together: CU played in the Big 12 CCG a total of 4 times and NU played in the Big 12 CCG a total of 6 times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_12_Conference_football#Final_standings

Best I can tell it was between 1940 and 1963. NU was the champion in '40 and '63. That's a 22 year drought, which still exceeds the present day's drought (Last CCG 1999) Drought began in 2000 till?....... Christ! Is it to early in the a.m. to start heavy drinking? Thanks Unlesh, you have ***-ed up my day!

Last edited:
Best I can tell it was between 1940 and 1963. NU was the champion in '40 and '63. That's a 12 year drought, which matches the present day's drought (Last CCG 1999) Drought began in 2000 till?....... Christ! Is it to early in the a.m. to start heavy drinking? Thanks Unlesh, you hav ***-ed up my day!

Um....... 63-40=23. So by my count, that would be a 22 year drought not 12.

Feel better?

Last edited:
Great question: CU last won it in 2001 vs Texas (39-37) and last played in the CCG in 2005 vs Texas and lost 70-3. NU last won it in 1999 vs Texas (22-6) and last played in the CCG in 2010 vs Oklahoma and lost 23-20.

During the 15 years CU and NU were in the Big 12 Conference together: CU played in the Big 12 CCG a total of 4 times and NU played in the Big 12 CCG a total of 6 times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_12_Conference_football#Final_standings

Damn between CU and NU nobody else really had a chance in the north

Enjoyed that clip. You could see that game coming but not as dominant as it ended up. CU had been losing heartbreakers to Nebraska in previous years, missng fgs and ****. It might have been the year before when CU went up by one only to **** it up trying a damn squib kick, gave away too many games to those ****ers stepping on our own dick. That day they werent gonna do **** but get their ass kicked up and down the field, and like it. Won money on that game and the next week. It'd be nice to be a strong team like that again, have faith we will at some point.

Best Buff game I ever attended. Didn't they have a stealh bomber flyover before that game? It was like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" pummeling that red headed bully, Scott Farkus. Hmmm...

Best Buff game I ever attended. Didn't they have a stealh bomber flyover before that game? It was like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" pummeling that red headed bully, Scott Farkus. Hmmm...
ITS SCUT FARKUS... damn it man... the jew had to correct you :lol:

Anyone remember beat-red former Cornhusker Trev Alberts in the post-game show? PISSSSSSED! Never seen a guy who was supposed to be impartial just drop all semblance of "journalistic integrity."

My day: Woke up early, got to the game with my buddies during warmups, was sitting (standing) first row at the 35 yard-line harassing the hell out of Crouch and the the rest of the Huskers, watched the best Buffs game of my lifetime, was the first guy onto the field, got a picture of me hanging from a goalpost, got home, turned on the post-game show and watched Trev Alberts almost combust. One of the best days of my life.

Anyone remember beat-red former Cornhusker Trev Alberts in the post-game show? PISSSSSSED! Never seen a guy who was supposed to be impartial just drop all semblance of "journalistic integrity."

My day: Woke up early, got to the game with my buddies during warmups, was sitting (standing) first row at the 35 yard-line harassing the hell out of Crouch and the the rest of the Huskers, watched the best Buffs game of my lifetime, was the first guy onto the field, got a picture of me hanging from a goalpost, got home, turned on the post-game show and watched Trev Alberts almost combust. One of the best days of my life.

Wow! Since when do fans have the right to harass the hell out of college athletes during warm ups, or for that matter during or after the game. Don't get me wrong, bringing on the noise during the game is one thing. But..........

Edit: Don't give me that "Greatest Fan **** from a Husker fan thing". How some fans feel it is their God given right to act obnoxious is beyond that. And most of you agree whether you want to publicly say it or not.

There now I feel better!

Last edited:
Wow! Since when do fans have the right to harass the hell out of college athletes during warm ups, or for that matter during or after the game. Don't get me wrong, bringing on the noise during the game is one thing. But..........
Ahhh, holier than thou fusker outrage... it's so sweeet.

Wait till you are relevant going into Columbus. They are going to eat your players in front of you. :lol:

Hey at least he was just verbally abusing them. Nebraska fans like to throw bottles at CU players as witnessed on national TV in 2002.

Edit: Don't give me that "Greatest Fan **** from a Husker fan thing". How some fans feel it is their God given right to act obnoxious is beyond that. And most of you agree whether you want to publicly say it or not.

There now I feel better!

HA! Love it. And the best part? Crouch's backup Jamal Lord was laughing at almost everything we said about Crouch. He even turned to us at one point and gave a little nod.

Crouch was/is such a flaming pussy. Little bitch that didn't deserve the heisman

Gave up all that money in the NFL.

crouch.jpg

Crouch was/is such a flaming pussy. Little bitch that didn't deserve the heisman
No sure I agree. Not saying he deserved the heisman but during that game in 2001, he was the ONLY one on that team that hadn't quit. If he doesn't play his ass off, the score would have been even more lopsided, if that's even possible. I give him credit for continuing to compete in that game because I think he was the only one in red who was after about the end of the first quarter.

And yeah, he was a complete waste as a pro. Not sure why he was such a quitter when it came to that.

No sure I agree. Not saying he deserved the heisman but during that game in 2001, he was the ONLY one on that team that hadn't quit. If he doesn't play his ass off, the score would have been even more lopsided, if that's even possible. I give him credit for continuing to compete in that game because I think he was the only one in red who was after about the end of the first quarter.

And yeah, he was a complete waste as a pro. Not sure why he was such a quitter when it came to that.

Well, he WAS still playing for the heisman and draft...

Wait. Harrassing opposing players and the refferees is well within my rights as a ticket holding fan.

I don't care, he's still a pussy. Looked like a tool at the ceremony last year

Back