What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My thoughts on the class thus far

One thing I'm wondering is the LS position. We graduate Drescher this year, correct? Is anyone waiting in the wings? If not, that becomes another position that needs to be addressed.
The least of our worries....you still have your "we are a good team that will challenge for the Big 12" hat on.....you need to downsize your expectations.

Any news on Shaun Simon, if he can get eligible via the juco route it would help us. Not holding much hope but would like to see him a Buff

Any news on Shaun Simon, if he can get eligible via the juco route it would help us. Not holding much hope but would like to see him a Buff

Will not know for another year. Pretty sure he has to get his Associate's degree before he can play for us.

Thanks. I suppose he could be the guy. Never realized long snappers were so small.

Since they changed the rules and you can't hit them, they really don't need to be lineman or even tight end size any more. Actually, it may be better if they're smaller and quicker since they'll be running down the field to make a tackle.

Since they changed the rules and you can't hit them, they really don't need to be lineman or even tight end size any more. Actually, it may be better if they're smaller and quicker since they'll be running down the field to make a tackle.

:confused: You can't hit the center? I think we need to just go to flag football. :wow:

BB, what do you see happening with our current commits should Hawk get fired?

Really not sure to be honest. I think most of the guys genuinely love the school, but the new coach may not honor all commitments and may cut some guys loose. Spond and Mister Jones are two guys that could look elsewhere if a change is made.

Really not sure to be honest. I think most of the guys genuinely love the school, but the new coach may not honor all commitments and may cut some guys loose. Spond and Mister Jones are two guys that could look elsewhere if a change is made.

I think Mister Jones is going to be a buff. It's important to him to stay near his family.

Spond, not so sure, but more because I think he really wants a shot at QB and he's unsure if there is a commitment here to give him a fair look.

Most of the rest of the commits - IMO - are coming to Colorado and will be okay with a coaching change if one occurs. But you never know.

Can't imagine a new coach would cut any of these guys loose ... we need them all, pretty much.

One thing I'm wondering is the LS position. We graduate Drescher this year, correct? Is anyone waiting in the wings? If not, that becomes another position that needs to be addressed.

I think Drescher has 1 more year left, and after him Austin Bisnow is the heir apparent, who will be a junior next season.

Nevermind was looking in the wrong place. Drescher does graduate and Bisnow will be a Senior in 2010.

Last edited:
Gotta expect significant attrition... but you also gotta expect some really random pickups when the new coach (if hes a college guy) brings some recruits with him, or (if hes an NFL guy) steals some guys.

I seriously doubt that the Shananhan hires would cause any recruits to jump ship. If anything, Shanny would proably be able to bring in more big name kids and filling the class now would be bad. Unless Shanny cut them loose, which would also be bad. Hope the firing is done quickly so the class stays the same-- should give the Shanahans about 10 schollies to get their own kids in.

Back