What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My thoughts on the offense

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
Here's my arm-chair QB opinions.

QB- Cody had an awful game. I think we all know that. But to call for him to be benched is very premature. First of all, we can't hand over the offense to a RS-FR QB 4 games into the season. That would be giving up. Especially when we are 3-1. Cody has shown the ability to carry this team. What he has to learn is he doesn't have to do that this year. He's got some great weapons around him in Stewart, and Smith. I really believe he's pressing too much. I'm not making excuses here, as a Big 12 QB you should be able to hit a wide open reciever. But the receivers were dropping alot of balls as well yesterday.

Is Cody the QB that'll lead us to a MNC? Who knows. But we need to block for the kid so he can make some plays. He has shown the ability to make plays for us. I don't think we should be giving up on him after the first loss of the season.

RB- Stewart is playing great. Especially when most of his yards were pretty much him making plays by himself. He didn't have much to work with but he still ran for over 100.

Scott is also a mystery to me. I heard about the deep knee bruise, but four carries isn't enough. If he's hurt then let him heal and keep him out. I really hope he can have a break out game. He has way too much talent. I'm sure the press will be asking Hawk about this all week considering the next game is vs. UT.

WR's- I was really suprised that McKnight only caught one ball. And Patrick Williams disappeared as well. The only threat we have is Smith. Who will no doubt see alot of double teams untill someone else can step up.

OL- We're thinning out fast. They did pick up alot of the blitzes, but struggled vs. FSU's speed off the ends. Miller is out 6-9 weeks. So now Matt Bahr takes over. No syko, i am not going to say Bahr is better than Miller, but that doesnt mean he's a scrub either. Solder had himself a tough day. I just hope no one else gets hurt.

TE- What is up with Riar Geer. The only time i noticed him was on penalties. Same as last week. He did have a TD in the fourth though. I hope Helfrich really starts to use him better. Especially when the line doesn't give Cody alot of time to pass the ball.

I could go on some more, but I really think we've covered all of these issues.:deadhorse::lol:

A lot of you guys have made some good points on what we need to do. I most of us can agree that the playcalling has been decent. We just need to do it.

i was thinking of the eric cartman intro last year - he was on to something. this offense would offend almost everybody. :thumbsup:

this was their biggest challenge. let's see what some re-group time can do.

Back