What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My thoughts

OSU is not a bad team. They'll win 8 this year and they were ranked to start the year. Let's not make OSU into a CSU type team.
Never said OSU was bad, but the game was a complete blowout until late in the 4th. I really did not expect a win, ( I would have guessed CU would stay within about 14) but I did not expect them to look like part 2 of last year, which they did, until some late scores to keep it from being an Embree-style blowout. When you lose by 25, you got your ass handed to you by a team that is middle of the road in the P12.

I look forward to Tini's thoughts about the DL performance, including a play by play breakdown.

Reactions: SBG
Wood was making god awful throws even when there was no pressure. I also noticed he was throwing off the back of his foot and not squaring up a few times without pressure as well. Another note, he seems to have more passes batted down or tipped than any QB I've seen through 3 games. Yes, even more than Hawkins.

Crawley looks to be giving about 60% effort out there, he got owned no matter who he was matched up against. Uzo-Diribe looked like he was going to have a monster game at the start.

The defense kept us in the game as well as they could in that first half, and the window for us to take control of the game early was just lingering and waiting. Offense just could not deliver. With the exception of maybe Utah no PAC12 teams are going to give us that chance.

I did not see any smash mouth, hard hitting attitude from this team whatsoever. They just looked docile, lost, and weak.
NOBODY comes near the worldwide leader in passes batted down at the LOS....

OSU is not a bad team. They'll win 8 this year and they were ranked to start the year. Let's not make OSU into a CSU type team.

I like how the narrative goes from OSU lost to an FCS team and struggled vs Hawaii and SDSU (bad teams) to they're a good team that will apparently win 8 this year. Look at their schedule, 8 is an extreme stretch.

Our oline is a liability. We don't have the bodies. Adkins was a bright spot. Powell needs to go back to fullback and maybe work him in at h back

Wood is what we thought he was. He is fine with time and not fine when repeatedly pressed.

The defense has real issues covering the middle. That screams a safety issue. And we don't get enough push upfront.

Special teams are a disaster. Again.

I remain somewhat hopeful for the future but we don't have anywhere enough p12 athletes to compete. The difficulty level goes up from here too

I like how the narrative goes from OSU lost to an FCS team and struggled vs Hawaii and SDSU (bad teams) to they're a good team that will apparently win 8 this year. Look at their schedule, 8 is an extreme stretch.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. I was going to point it out too, but decided I didn't want to get into a pissing match.

Our oline is a liability. We don't have the bodies. Adkins was a bright spot. Powell needs to go back to fullback and maybe work him in at h back

Wood is what we thought he was. He is fine with time and not fine when repeatedly pressed.

The defense has real issues covering the middle. That screams a safety issue. And we don't get enough push upfront.

Special teams are a disaster. Again.

I remain somewhat hopeful for the future but we don't have anywhere enough p12 athletes to compete. The difficulty level goes up from here too

Thought our special teams would naturally progress with more playing experience. I am wrong on this thus far. Our special teams are not even close to special.

To me, this is primarily an issue of talent. We don't have it... or at least enough of it. This goes back to my fear with Mac... is his recruiting up to snuff? Not yet

Severson missed a wide open sideline on the first kick return that could have been returned far if he is as fast (straight line) as advertised. Instead of bouncing it out he cut right back into the coverage team.

To me, this is primarily an issue of talent. We don't have it... or at least enough of it. This goes back to my fear with Mac... is his recruiting up to snuff? Not yet

If you chalk this one up to talent, then how do you explain OSU's games versus Utah, EWU (FCS team), and SDSU (got their first win 26- 16 against NMSU)? OSU isn't good. I think we just played a very very bad game.

If you chalk this one up to talent, then how do you explain OSU's games versus Utah, EWU (FCS team), and SDSU (got their first win 26- 16 against NMSU)? OSU isn't good. I think we just played a very very bad game.

OSU isn't good, but Riley's teams usually start off slow and get better throughout the year. Too bad for them they are in the North and not the pathetic South.

OSU isn't good, but Riley's teams usually start off slow and get better throughout the year. Too bad for them they are in the North and not the pathetic South.

The SDSU just happened a week ago. How much did they really improve from last week to this? I think this is just going to be a down year for them. They're just not that good. Going from a 49-46 loss to EWU to a 51-48 win over Utah to a 34-30 win over SDSU doesn't signify progress to me. They'll still probably end up with 7 wins, but the caliber of the teams they beat won't be good. Half of the teams in the country would win 8 games with this schedule.

Last edited:
OSU has talent on offense and have shown that in every game this year. They do not have a running back this year and that is going to be a problem but they have not struggled scoring points.

As Duff has said, it is pathetic that we couldn't put up more than 3 points against that defense. That's not just talent.

Our Buffs are not even close to the caliber of an eastern washington? or a san diego st.? WTF? CU should be able to recruit kids that are physically better and more talented then those programs??
Mac is going to do better then hawkins and embree, then again we will see? I am in the prove me wrong mode now. Tired of being associated with losers. It is embarrassing. So tired of trying to always figure out why my favorite team sucks. Life is short and we are wasting it wondering WTF?

Noticed for the first time HCMM look frustrated on saturday. Was upset with individual execution. He yanked munyer after the Personal Foul. You got a good sense of what is acceptable and what is not under this new coaching staff. That requirement of discipline is promising for the future.

You saw the offense get into a rhythm in the 4th quarter. Obviously too little too late, but I think you were seeing the rust wear off. We got a lot of situational practice at game speed, another positive. Defense played a pretty solid first half, they had no help from the O, which led to them unable to perform at the same level because they were always on the field.

This year was going to be rough, we all knew it. I think we sneak up and grab 1 or 2 more W's. I want to see improvement this week. I know we are going to get decimated on the score board, but I hope that we can pull some big positives out from a game against the #2 team in the nation.

Also disappointing that we didn't turn our two turnovers into points. Would have been up 17-10 going into half. Would have changed everything. Its not enough to get the T.O. you have to get the points too.

Also disappointing that we didn't turn our two turnovers into points. Would have been up 17-10 going into half. Would have changed everything. Its not enough to get the T.O. you have to get the points too.
The biggest play of the game (that kept the game from being close throughout) was the 4th down conversion that led to a TD right before half time. I don't know if it's been mentioned, but one of our DLs got a hand on that pass, the ball fluttered a bit, but they still completed it. Would/could/should have been 10-3 at the half right there.

The biggest play of the game (that kept the game from being close throughout) was the 4th down conversion that led to a TD right before half time. I don't know if it's been mentioned, but one of our DLs got a hand on that pass, the ball fluttered a bit, but they still completed it. Would/could/should have been 10-3 at the half right there.

Defense had flashes. With HCMM being a defense guy, I think we will see this unit improve the most in the next couple seasons. Would love to see a nasty top 15 D out there. I like what the coaching staff has done on that side of the ball and I think that type of prestige is on the horizon for the program. Gotta be patient and gotta get some players. Hawk and Embree left us in a bad bad spot.

my thoughts. I like Richardson and think he is a good player. Maybe one of the best on the offensive side of the ball (not really saying much). Maybe if he was on a team that had better supporting class around him, he would be an all American? With his teammates and up coming schedule, you will not see those crazy #'s we seen the first two games. If osu and their crappy defense can single cover him. If he can not go up and make the catch or take the ball out of the air, then he is shut down. An all American receiver will make plays even when his team is getting kicked in the teeth. If he is that great, then he would not be "shut down". Running backs?? Adkins hopefully is the real deal. We had 6/7 on the roster at the beginning of the season. Where are they? really disappointed. Once again, a good running back gets yards and makes a play or two, even with bad line blocking and QB play.

Part of the problem.

Buffs go into games thinking they could lose vs. teams come to play the Buffs knowing they can win.

Wood was making god awful throws even when there was no pressure. I also noticed he was throwing off the back of his foot and not squaring up a few times without pressure as well. Another note, he seems to have more passes batted down or tipped than any QB I've seen through 3 games. Yes, even more than Hawkins.

Crawley looks to be giving about 60% effort out there, he got owned no matter who he was matched up against. Uzo-Diribe looked like he was going to have a monster game at the start.

The defense kept us in the game as well as they could in that first half, and the window for us to take control of the game early was just lingering and waiting. Offense just could not deliver. With the exception of maybe Utah no PAC12 teams are going to give us that chance.

I did not see any smash mouth, hard hitting attitude from this team whatsoever. They just looked docile, lost, and weak.
I noticed that too. I can see making mistakes and the ball not bouncing your way, but his half-assed performance pissed me off. He looked half-asleep.

Back