What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My Top 10

I guess you are aware the SEC schedules all conference games. Go back a couple of years and look at off week before playing UA when Roy Kramer ran the show.

We played VaTech-better than any team on OU's OOC schedule.

Of course they do, but they do it with things like the MNC in mind. The ACC and the Pac12 have had to do the same. Scar plays some ****ty team before Clemson in NOVEMBER and the same with Florida most years before they play FSU. ****ing joke and I wish the voters saw through that bull****.

Who does ATM play next week? Saw they played utep last night. Again, in NOVEMBER.

If you want to stand behind your 'championship scheduling' comment about a road trip to UVA keep it up. I think it was ridiculous.

I will. I'd have a lot more respect for Alabama's schedule if you guys had taken a trip to Minnesota instead of playing 3 patsies at home for your non-conference.

I guess you are aware the SEC schedules all conference games. Go back a couple of years and look at off week before playing UA when Roy Kramer ran the show.

We played VaTech-better than any team on OU's OOC schedule.

But you play only 8 conference games. Adding VA Tech is just bringing your schedule up to what UVA has in conference play before we start talking about the other 3 games.

The championship scheduling comment was bizarre. Just trying to class up your joint.

It was relative to what the other undefeateds have scheduled. It's pretty much dog**** across the board. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

I will. I'd have a lot more respect for Alabama's schedule if you guys had taken a trip to Minnesota instead of playing 3 patsies at home for your non-conference.

Bama and most other sec teams don't head west of the Mississippi unless it's a conference game. Sorry. But when you game the system you can't have teams take risks.

We really don't do home and aways. I guess you will never respect our schedule. Would you rather play VTech in Atlanta or UVa in Charlottesville?

You still have not addressed the fact that Bama's schedule is rated higher than OU or FSU today.

UVA at their house. I hate college games being played off campus.

And everything is always relative. Due to the constant knob slobbering by espn frauds like mizzou get rated #5. It's more important to see where teams finish than what they were ranked when the games were played.

Like when LSU thumped OU west of the Mississippi?

You got me. One game and it certainly wasn't Bama.

I'm sure you'll mention the LSU vs UO game too, but there is no way that game was 50/50 LSU-Oregon.

We really don't do home and aways. I guess you will never respect our schedule. Would you rather play VTech in Atlanta or UVa in Charlottesville?

You still have not addressed the fact that Bama's schedule is rated higher than OU or FSU today.

Was that [schedule rank] before VA Tech lost at Boston College?

And you keep trying to bring up VA Tech neutral as a comparable to the UVA road game. It's not. You only play 8 conference games. UO starts with 9 Pac-12 games on its schedule. They then added 2 BCS opponents. That's legit.

If you played 9 SEC games and had VA Tech, CSU and pick one from Georgia State/Chattanooga, I wouldn't be saying anything except for maybe the unwillingness to go on the road.

UO plays an 11-game schedule this year. FSU has a 10-game schedule. Bama plays a 9-game schedule. That's my issue with this.

You know who should be really pissed, though? Alabama season ticket holders for the crap they're subjecting you to at full price for nearly half of your home schedule.

Like when LSU thumped OU west of the Mississippi?

When did they play Oklahoma?

Did you mean that game in Texas a couple years ago against Oregon? They won by 2 scores and had mostly a home crowd. But I guess when your own team's big win this year is by 7, you call 13 points a "thumping".

Of course they do, but they do it with things like the MNC in mind. The ACC and the Pac12 have had to do the same. Scar plays some ****ty team before Clemson in NOVEMBER and the same with Florida most years before they play FSU. ****ing joke and I wish the voters saw through that bull****.

Who does ATM play next week? Saw they played utep last night. Again, in NOVEMBER.

Clemson has an open conference week and it playing the Citadel the week before USCe game.
FSU has an open conference week and it playing Idaho the week before the UF game.
GaTech has an open confence week and it playing Alabama A&M the week before the UGA game.

What were you saying?

Clemson has an open conference week and it playing the Citadel the week before USCe game.
FSU has an open conference week and it playing Idaho the week before the UF game.
GaTech has an open confence week and it playing Alabama A&M the week before the UGA game.

What were you saying?

God you are obtuse. Look at past Clemson and FSU schedules. They had no choice but to do this. Florida and scar have been doing this for years.

When did they play Oklahoma?

Did you mean that game in Texas a couple years ago against Oregon? They won by 2 scores and had mostly a home crowd. But I guess when your own team's big win this year is by 7, you call 13 points a "thumping".

I watched the game-it was 33-13 in the 4th quarter and the game was over and LSU took their foot off the gas.

OU was out played that day-dont try and make it like they were close to winning.

Who has UVa beat this year? They have not beat a BCS school.

You act as if I'm a UO apologist or even UVA. Stop deflecting this away from Bama.

You better hope VT doesn't **** the bed against. UVA.

God you are obtuse. Look at past Clemson and FSU schedules. They had no choice but to do this. Florida and scar have been doing this for years.

Since you already know show your work and prove it. I looked at and saw nothing unusual.

You act as if I'm a UO apologist or even UVA. Stop deflecting this away from Bama.

You better hope VT doesn't **** the bed against. UVA.

He claims this away game vs UVA is 'championship scheduling'. They have not won a conference game. We played VaTech at the Georgia Dome.

I KNOW VaTech was the superior opponent and tougher game. Our schedule is currently tougher than OU or FSU today.

Just want to show some logic here is more butthurt than logic.

He claims this away game vs UVA is 'championship scheduling'. They have not won a conference game. We played VaTech at the Georgia Dome.

I KNOW VaTech was the superior opponent and tougher game. Our schedule is currently tougher than OU or FSU today.

Just want to show some logic here is more butthurt than logic.

They'd beat the teams you guys played.

Here are the big SEC games against BCS opponents this season:

Alabama: Beat VA Tech (5-3, 3-2) by 25 at a neutral site
Arkansas: Lost to Rutgers (5-3, 3-2) by 4 on the road
Auburn: Beat Washington State (4-5, 2-4) by 7 at home
Florida: Lost to Miami (7-1, 3-1) by 5 on the road, will close season vs Florida State
Georgia: Lost to Clemson (8-1, 6-1) by 3 on the road; will close season at Georgia Tech
Kentucky: Lost to Louisville (7-1, 3-1) by 14 at home
LSU: Beat TCU (3-6, 1-5) by 10 at a neutral site
Mississippi: Beat Texas (6-2, 5-0) by 21 on the road
Miss State: Lost to Oklahoma State (7-1, 4-1) by 18 on the road
Missouri: Beat Indiana (3-5, 1-3) by 17 on the road
South Carolina: Beat North Carolina (3-5, 2-3) by 17 at home; closes the season vs Clemson
Tennessee: Lost to Oregon (8-0, 5-0) by 45 on the road
Texas A&M: no BCS non-conference opponents on schedule
Vanderbilt: play Wake Forest at home to end season

The SEC has a grand total of 3 teams out of 14 that will play 10 real games instead of only 9. Considering that and the mediocre performance of the conference in the non-conference games it is playing, I don't see why I should be impressed.

Edit: Put it another way. With CU playing CSU and two 1AA teams plus 9 Pac-12 games, we consider this among the weakest schedules in the history of our program. However, it's equivalent to Alabama's and is par for the course for an SEC team.

If you can explain why the returning national champion who has been playing the toughest schedule should not be #1 I will listen. Otherwise I am going to go rake the yard.

Because you only play 9 games and haven't been dominant against what might be the toughest team you'll play. But it's hard to know if aTm is any good since they don't play anyone.

Ya FSU should be #1. Also Famous Jameis for Heisman imo

Mariotta has Winston on stats right now. Plus it's hard to say one team is better than the other. I think Winston is great, and do have FSU ahead of Oregon right now (soon to change if Oregon keeps winning).

My top 10:

Alabama (hurts to admit it, but I think they are right now)
FSU (have looked great)
Oregon (keep winning big)
Ohio State (look good, but not as strong a conference this year as SEC, PAC-12, or ACC)
Baylor (see Oregon)
Stanford (too bad for the Utah loss)
Auburn (surprise that they've bounced back so strong)
Mizzou (stupid 17 point fourth quarter collapse keeps them from being in top 5)
Clemson (good, but not as good as the others here)
Ditka (he's awesome)

Sayeth Goonie the Greek

Last edited:
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/86597/big-12-rises-in-conference-power-rankings

A quick refresher: ESPN Stats & Information’s 2013 conference power rankings are based off of a formula that equally weighs the rankings from the AP poll and ESPN’s new Football Power Index (FPI) in order to determine the best and worst conferences in the country. For more information on the rankings and FPI, which will be released later this season, click here orhere.

Did you read what you posted? PAC-12 was #1 in FPI. What carries the SEC is the AP Poll and a non-conference win % that doesn't take the quality of opponents into account. That AP Poll is about perception and has no accounting for whether a team is only playing 8 conference games + 1 BCS non-conference opponent vs 9 + 2.

If you can explain why the returning national champion who has been playing the toughest schedule should not be #1 I will listen. Otherwise I am going to go rake the yard.

Because last year shouldn't affect this year. We are just looking at schedules.

I didn't know that trailer parks had yards.

Back