What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

National Championship Game

Very good question.

tOSU would flip out but Auburn and Bama are both much better teams.

If it is the buckeyes they are going to get rolled by FSU, providing that FSU has their QB in the game.

Even though OSU isn't necessarily that great this year, they haven't lost a game in pretty much two seasons. I think the voters would be hard pressed to leave them out of the NCG under those circumstances.

I honestly want to see Slowhio and the Big Ten get rolled in another BCS championship game, just to further embarrass that conference.

Even though OSU isn't necessarily that great this year, they haven't lost a game in pretty much two seasons. I think the voters would be hard pressed to leave them out of the NCG under those circumstances.
+1 I think it is going to be impossible to keep OSU and FSU out of the NCG. Only 2 unbeaten programs in BCS conferences. Kind of a no brainer. Even if OSU is not the top 2 team in the land. At least next year, the top 4 get in.

If OSU wins the B10 championship game next week they will be in the MNC game. I don't see a 1-loss SEC team jumping over them.

On another note, Mizzou is 2 wins and a Michigan State win away from playing for the national title

I have trouble seeing how the B1G is worse than the ACC this year. ACC looked impressive early, but not so much any more.

I think you've got to go with FSU vs OSU if they're undefeated. But I also think it's harder to be a 1-loss team in the SEC than it is to be undefeated in either of those conferences this season. Pac-12 was brutal, too. If Furd hadn't **** the bed against Utah I'd probably make a case for them.

I would say the only sure thing is Florida State. TOSU and Auburn could easily lose their CCG.

I have trouble seeing how the B1G is worse than the ACC this year. ACC looked impressive early, but not so much any more.

I think you've got to go with FSU vs OSU if they're undefeated. But I also think it's harder to be a 1-loss team in the SEC than it is to be undefeated in either of those conferences this season. Pac-12 was brutal, too. If Furd hadn't **** the bed against Utah I'd probably make a case for them.

Tough to argue with that. As great a story as Duke is, the ACC Coastal is extremely mediocre. And in the Atlantic, Syracuse finished 3rd behind FSU and Clemson.

Do they pick a one loss SEC team over Ohio State?
Yes. Osu is the worst no loss team since byu. Can't take another big whatever beat down in the championship game. The conference sucks. I'm sure, sagarin and the huge Midwest voting block will see things different. Osu would have 2 losses this year if they played in the Pac12" ACC, and SEC. Maybe even the Big Sky. Zero defense. Meyer is a great coach, but the team is above average at best.

OSU gets in if they finish undefeated. No way does an undefeated team from a major conference lose out to one with a loss.

Only sure thing is the best conference won't be represented in the championship.

Auburn beats #1 Alabama and then probably #4 Missouri in back to back weeks while OSU struggles against a pedestrian Michigan and #10 Michigan State.

Auburn > Ohio State

Auburn beats #1 Alabama and then probably #4 Missouri in back to back weeks while OSU struggles against a pedestrian Michigan and #10 Michigan State.

Auburn > Ohio State
this just in: SEC isn't that good this year. Probably about as good as the Big, maybe a little better. **** OSU, but they haven't lost, and haven't needed any miracles to win.

The last couple years it seems like the National Championship/Heisman have been backed into the last week

this just in: SEC isn't that good this year. Probably about as good as the Big, maybe a little better. **** OSU, but they haven't lost, and haven't needed any miracles to win.

Breaking news: The media still puts the SEC on a pedestal and will not look at the overall quality of play...SEC hype >>>>>>>>> Any other conference including the Pac 12 which is the best conference

Breaking news: The media still puts the SEC on a pedestal and will not look at the overall quality of play...SEC hype >>>>>>>>> Any other conference including the Pac 12 which is the best conference

Auburn v Alabama in a rematch for the mNC it is.

tis true, but not what you were saying. IF that's your reasoning, totally plausible. Just infuriatingly so. :lol:

The PAC-12 and SEC are a cut above every other conference.
talent wise, for sure. Team wise... not so sure the SEC has any great teams. The Pac 12 has beat the hell out of itself this year, and the SEC's marquee OOC win was Vatech, which wasn't anything special. Hell, Auburn barely beat WSU at home.

Last edited:

Um the Big 10 is as good as the SEC? Huh?

As Duff said, Pac 12 and SEC have been a cut above the rest of the conference. Not sure how you would even debate that.

I'm no Ohio St. apologist, but the hype machine (read ESPN) saying a 1 loss team deserves to be ahead of an undefeated major conference team is absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

Back