What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBC renews contract with notre dumb

CarolinaBuff

Club Member
Club Member
This is crap because ND is not only getting 7 home games per season, they're also getting one neutral site game every year, which means they'll only be playing 4 true road games every season. :bs: Plus this contract is one of the biggest factors in ND not joining the Big 10, which is where they naturally belong.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- NBC renewed its television contract with Notre Dame football through the 2015 season on Thursday despite the Fighting Irish last year drawing their lowest ratings since the network began broadcasting their games in 1991.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3452161

fine. i say CU puts these ****ers on the sched and whoop there ass where ever they wanna be whooped! **** 'em. :gobuffs:

:smile2:

I come from a big Catholic family so I have a natural affinity toward ND. I would love to see CU play them in a home and home. Probably won't happen though since they have like 30 rivals.

Lord, how long will a name carry you? They havent fielded a good team in 18 years. All they have is their name and some ancient history. It's about time they are forgotten with the Yales and Harvards of early last century. Let them disappear into the dusty tomes of leatherhead football. Good riddance too, everyone needs to get over them.

Lord, how long will a name carry you? They havent fielded a good team in 18 years. All they have is their name and some ancient history. It's about time they are forgotten with the Yales and Harvards of early last century. Let them disappear into the dusty tomes of leatherhead football. Good riddance too, everyone needs to get over them.

Can we have a big version of your avatar puhlease?

Now that is just not true.

I hate Notre Dame as much as the next person, but the fact is Notre Dame went to back-to-back BCS bowl games in 2005 and 2006. They played in BCS bowls in 1994, 1995 and 2000, as well.

I hate Notre Dame as much as the next person, but the fact is Notre Dame went to back-to-back BCS bowl games in 2005 and 2006. They played in BCS bowls in 1994, 1995 and 2000, as well.

Yeah, but wasn't it the 2000 Fiesta bowl where Oregano St used 'em for toilet paper? Sorta Lame didn't belong in a bcs bowl that year. And the really sad part is that they have a completely different set of rules and can get to a bcs bowl with a worse record/lower ranking that all the other D1 teams.

I'm not sold on the idea that they have a lot of rivals. But, jmho, they have a large following and an equally large anti-crowd. Kinda like one big disfunctional divided family.

and got there because of thier name only and got thier asses kicked from one side of the field to the other.

that being said, they have recruited very, very well over the last few years. given the right coaching, they *could* be a team to be reckoned with.

i hope they continue to have poor coaching as i have 3 favorite teams every weekend. CU, whoever is playing kneebraska and who ever is playing notre dumb.

Come now, surely you can honestly say they deserved to be there? Neither of those teams where top 10 as Notre Dame gets a pass to play in the BCS almost every year just because of their name. Non BCS teams have to go undefeated to even a sniff. ND only has to win 7 games and they have a shot.

Come now, surely you can honestly say they deserved to be there? Neither of those teams where top 10 as Notre Dame gets a pass to play in the BCS almost every year just because of their name. Non BCS teams have to go undefeated to even a sniff. ND only has to win 7 games and they have a shot.

Didn't they lose by like 40 to usc the last game of the season one year and still get in the bcs?

edit: 2006
November 25 at No. 3 USC L 44-24 10-2
January 3 vs No. 3 LSU L 41-14 10-3

edit2: oh, they also had this that year:
September 16 No. 11 Michigan L 47-21 2-1

I wouldn't say they haven't fielded a good team in 18 years. Notre Dame may not have necessarily deserved the BCS bowl bids they have received lately, but they are still an above average program. And like it or not, they are arguably the most recognizable college program in the country.

I wouldn't say they haven't fielded a good team in 18 years. Notre Dame may not have necessarily deserved the BCS bowl bids they have received lately, but they are still an above average program. And like it or not, they are arguably the most recognizable college program in the country.

They field decent teams, but don't they get an auto BCS bid with 9 wins? That's weak.

and got there because of thier name only and got thier asses kicked from one side of the field to the other.

that being said, they have recruited very, very well over the last few years. given the right coaching, they *could* be a team to be reckoned with.

i hope they continue to have poor coaching as i have 3 favorite teams every weekend. CU, whoever is playing kneebraska and who ever is playing notre dumb.

Unfortunately that's true, so it's not like they're going to fade away, as much as we would all like them to. And looking at this year's schedule, don't be surprised if they end up winning 8 or 9 games. :sad1:

The biggest gripe I have and I'm sure most others do also is that they don't play under the same set of guidelines as everyone else. Not being in a conference, undeservedly receiving BCS bowl bids. OK, they're popular and are on TV nearly every week, but so is Michigan, USC, Florida, etc. Difference is those schools don't get this special treatment

Unfortunately that's true, so it's not like they're going to fade away, as much as we would all like them to. And looking at this year's schedule, don't be surprised if they end up winning 8 or 9 games. :sad1:

The biggest gripe I have and I'm sure most others do also is that they don't play under the same set of guidelines as everyone else. Not being in a conference, undeservedly receiving BCS bowl bids. OK, they're popular and are on TV nearly every week, but so is Michigan, USC, Florida, etc. Difference is those schools don't get this special treatment

Not only that-- but did you know that Notre Dame receives BCS money EVERY YEAR whether they are in a BCS game or not? If they are in a BCS bowl game, they receive $4.5 million. If they are NOT in a BCS bowl game (suppose they go 3-9 or something) they still receive $1.3 million.

Pretty sweet deal.

Not only that-- but did you know that Notre Dame receives BCS money EVERY YEAR whether they are in a BCS game or not? If they are in a BCS bowl game, they receive $4.5 million. If they are NOT in a BCS bowl game (suppose they go 3-9 or something) they still receive $1.3 million.

Pretty sweet deal.

WHAT?!?? That's f'd up to say the least! Are you sure that's true? I don't doubt your source, but - why in the world would it be set up that way? On the flip side, I thought they received all 12 or 13 million if they went to a bowl game. Isn't that what the per-team payout is these days for a BCS bowl appearance?

:yeahthat: Not being in a conference gives ND an unfair advantage over schools that have to win their conference playoff in order to get to a BCS game.

Pretty sweet deal.

No way. :sad2:

**** ND.

WHAT?!?? That's f'd up to say the least! Are you sure that's true? I don't doubt your source, but - why in the world would it be set up that way?

It's set up that way because they had to get ND to sign on when they were creating the BCS. They had the conferences they needed on board, but at the time ND was thought to be a serious national title contender most seasons. Don't get them in the BCS and they go undefeated, the system falls apart. So they demanded a piece of the BCS pie whether they played or not, and they got it. At least that's the way I suspect it happened.

**** ND :sad2:

fine. i say CU puts these ****ers on the sched and whoop there ass where ever they wanna be whooped! **** 'em. :gobuffs:

:smile2:

They will be too
chicken.jpg
to play us.

Back