What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA FB games too long?

Basically a PPV with extensive annual/season/team/league subscription options. A sponsor's logo (sometimes) on the screen during the action game; if I remember right, sometimes the announcers will read some ad copy type stuff as well - but no commercials, except maybe at halftime.
thanks. given that DVR technology gives me effective commercial-free games now, I'm thrilled with the current system.

also, it takes right around 2 hours to watch a DVR'd college football game.

don't **** with the game. Why are people ****ing with the game? The problem with the length of games isn't the game, it's things outside of the game. too many reviews, too many non-game related time outs.

Read a coach (maybe MM?) this season talking about playing big games on national TV, and having to adjust to more and longer breaks than on tier 3 broadcasts.

Take that x2 in big time bowl games.

Uncorrect

It stops and then is started on the ready for play except in the last 2 minutes of half. It stops and is started on the snap in the last 2 minutes. Either way it stops unless the progress spot is ahead of the out of bounds spot. I will give you that most any sideline official will be VERY liberal in deciding if something is progress or not and often the clock runs because of this, but by rule it should stop.

However, your assertion that the rule is the same in every level of football is wrong. The clock does indeed run in the NFL when players go out of bounds (after a brief stop), and it does not in college. Oh, and the time period is five minutes at the end of the game, not two.

EDIT: I appear to be mistaken about this not being the case in college ball. Carry on.

Last edited:
It took way too long to read this thread. I think every 4th post should be deleted. I didn't even see a post from Mtn, so amazingly that wasn't the problem. I only put a couple of posts under further review to figure out what they were really saying.

Back