What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA seeking ban on player props

Personally, I'm a big fan of legalized gambling overall. Sunlight is the best disinfectant, blah blah blah. But I'm 100% behind this. Just look at the NBA in the last week. The Porter story is obviously dominating, and that's a potentially huge deal (story if you've missed it), but they're ignoring the one about Bickerstaff (the good one, not his evil father) talking about how he's receiving threats from gamblers. Let's just eliminate all potential issues of this happening with college kids.

The ncaa is doing anything/everything it can to remain relevant. All of the “most athletes don’t go pro” commercials, etc. I guess they see this as low-hanging fruit that’s (maybe) not controversial and shows they are doing something

Yeah, makes sense really.

I would support this for all sports betting.

With the money involved putting it on the individual player is far too tempting and too hard to control.

Team based prop bets provide plenty of opportunity for gamblers to make things interesting, even on games that from the surface don't appear appealing.

The NCAA can’t even effectively regulate the sports that it theoretically governs. While I applaud its stand on individual player prop bets, how does it presume to regulate the types of bets that private sports books can offer?

The NCAA can’t even effectively regulate the sports that it theoretically governs. While I applaud its stand on individual player prop bets, how does it presume to regulate the types of bets that private sports books can offer?
State laws, announcement said they are basically going to lobby those states where this isn't already outlawed.

Back