What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament Round of 64 - Official Day Two Thread

WTF Georgetown?!??

Aside from my second final four team in danger of a first round exit (my bracket is now all about the lulz), the best part about this is uberdouche John Thompson having to do the radio call of his program and his son's team getting outplayed by a 15 seed. It's beautiful.

And if anyone wants to complain about the officials in the CU game, they should see the morons working this game. Ticky tack **** gets called, obvious fouls get ignored...

Aside from my second final four team in danger of a first round exit (my bracket is now all about the lulz), the best part about this is uberdouche John Thompson having to do the radio call of his program and his son's team getting outplayed by a 15 seed. It's beautiful.

And if anyone wants to complain about the officials in the CU game, they should see the morons working this game. Ticky tack **** gets called, obvious fouls get ignored...

I'm in the same boat with one of my brackets. Is it a Pac 12 crew maybe? On a somewhat related note, the goofy looking FGCU coach is somehow married to a super-model. Maybe the best example ever of "check the wife to see how the guy recruits"?

http://outkickthecoverage.com/flori...coach-outkicked-his-coverage-in-a-big-way.php

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is complaining any more that there haven't been enough upsets this year.

Dunk of the Tourney so far:
[video=youtube;RuZhOyc5jh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RuZhOyc5jh8[/video]

That's 5 straight years now that Georgetown has been eliminated by a double-digit seed.

I'm not a big fan of JT3 as a coach. They've got too much talent there to be playing 2-3 zone and running a Princeton offense. With talent like the Hoyas get, they need to play a style that makes them the aggressor.

DJ Stephens and his incredible verticle

[video=youtube;k38_jDJrNT8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k38_jDJrNT8[/video]

I'm not a big fan of JT3 as a coach. They've got too much talent there to be playing 2-3 zone and running a Princeton offense. With talent like the Hoyas get, they need to play a style that makes them the aggressor.

Syracuse plays a 2-3 zone almost exclusively with obvious success but they they also like to get up and down the court on offense. Like you said, that style of offense is usually typical of a team that is less talented athletically, like the Princeton and AF teams have played.

Syracuse plays a 2-3 zone almost exclusively with obvious success but they they also like to get up and down the court on offense. Like you said, that style of offense is usually typical of a team that is less talented athletically, like the Princeton and AF teams have played.

Syracuse's 2-3 is a matchup, though. As much as we call it a zone, it's a zone-man hybrid like the old John Chaney defenses at Temple that everyone hated playing against. Regardless, the only way I'd play zone in college would be if I was lucky enough to have a dominant shot blocker in the middle. Give me a Patrick Ewing or Ralph Sampson and I'll play an extended zone trap all day to dare people to beat me off the dribble and try to get a shot off. Otherwise, I think playing zone is an admission of being deficient and trying to hide something.

Back