What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Tournament Selection for Soccer today

First time we've had a winning record in the P12. Damn straight we should be in.

Arizona State is hosting a first round match, in my book that means CU should as well.

Congratulations to the Buffs for a great season and having a chance to host the first round of the tournament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch - A Buff win gets them a date, most likely, with North Carolina in the second round.

CU defeated BYU last season in the second round in Tallahassee before loosing to Florida State.
[h=4][/h]

I guess that they updated it and now the game will start at 12pm on Saturday.

Is it just me or did the NCAA base the bracket on rpi rankings?

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-women/d1/ncaa-womens-soccer-rpi

CU finishes 3rd in the pac-12, but they face a 2 seed in the next round if they advance.

Washington and Washington St. finish tied for 5th with California, and they appear to have more favorable opponents in the bracket with Washington getting a 4 seed.

If they went by conference standings, the BYU/CU match should be switched with the Seattle/Wash St match in the bracket.

Coach Sanchez should learn from this tournament selection and get a tougher schedule for next year. Don't schedule Bryant or Detroit and get some higher rpi teams into Boulder.

I know that the volleyball NCAA tourney goes very heavily by rpi. So it would stand to reason that the soccer one does also. As you say, now that the Buffs are improved to this level, they need to be scheduling the non-conference matches with rpi in mind.

2 straight years in the Tourney.

Very proud of and excited about this program.

Back