What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Track and Field Championships

Looks like Saarel may have gotten 7th and it doesn't look good for his chances to advance

The only other event for the Buffs tonight is the men's 3000m steeplechase and Blake Theroux will be in heat 2.

Theroux finished in 8th in heat 2 and 17th overall and fails to qualify for the finals.

Men's high jump is going on right now. This is my favorite track and field event of all. Many of these guys just pass until the bar gets to around 7' before jumping. Minnesota's Wally Ellenson is going for 7'1/2" right now. He's on their basketball team and his HS senior-to-be brother Henry is a top 10 in the country guy who was being recruited by CU but I think we've given up on him.

Men's high jump is going on right now. This is my favorite track and field event of all. Many of these guys just pass until the bar gets to around 7' before jumping. Minnesota's Wally Ellenson is going for 7'1/2" right now. He's on their basketball team and his HS senior-to-be brother Henry is a top 10 in the country guy who was being recruited by CU but I think we've given up on him.

I kind of like it all, but I'm more of a fan of the sprints. Too bad we're not competitive in any of them.

Shalaya Kipp goes for a national championship in a minute or two. I don't know if I mentioned this, but it's on ESPNU today.

Kipp making a move into 2nd as the 1st place girl is taking a larger lead

Girl from Michigan State wins very easily and Kipp ends up in 5th place. Disappointing result for Shalaya who had the top college time in the country this year.

On a positive note, Kipp does finish her career as a 4-time All-American in the event.

That's it for the Buffs for today. The last event of the spring season for CU is the women's 5000 meters with Carrie Verdon.tomorrow at about 3:24 PST.

Girl from Michigan State wins very easily and Kipp ends up in 5th place. Disappointing result for Shalaya who had the top college time in the country this year.

Poof. There goes the Bowerman.

Back