What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ND moving on to a second candidate.....

PhillyBuff

no longer awaiting CU football's return... we here
Club Member
First Brian Kelly
now.... Randy Edsall....

who will be the third and final?

Bill Callahan? :smile2:

The ND job ain't what it used to be. Urban Meyer told them, last search, that he woudn't consider the job unless they opened recruiting up to partial qualifers.

So did Kelly turn them down, or did they decide to go in a different direction? I thought he was definitely their guy.

So did Kelly turn them down, or did they decide to go in a different direction? I thought he was definitely their guy.

IMO, there is no rush to offer Kelly the job, he will jump at it in a heartbeat whenever it is offered. So they are smart to take their time and interview more candidates, but jeez, I would think they could find some better ones than Edsall.

IMO, there is no rush to offer Kelly the job, he will jump at it in a heartbeat whenever it is offered. So they are smart to take their time and interview more candidates, but jeez, I would think they could find some better ones than Edsall.

And yet if he went to CSU Edsall would be proclaimed to walk on water by "your" bretheren.

The ND job ain't what it used to be. Urban Meyer told them, last search, that he woudn't consider the job unless they opened recruiting up to partial qualifers.

Sounds like a rumor started down here, about how stoooopsie responded to ND's overtures. As it goes, he told 'em he wanted 5 academic "free-passes" each year. (Prolly not true, but funny to hear it discussed anyway)

I wonder what his deal is going to be? Any chance he takes Hawk along to be his spiritual adviser?

Another promising coaching career derailed?

I can understand the attraction for certain coaches and ND has certain resources and advantages. At the same time ND has some serious issues that make succeeding there, especially to the level expected by the boosters difficult to impossible.

It will be interesting to see how Kelly does, it is obvious that he is a good coach and did a great job at Cincy but I wonder how he will do in South Bend.

Maybe ND brought in Edsall as bargaining power with Kelly. There aren't any other jobs out there this year that even come close to ND (even a diminished ND). UVA, Louisville, and Kansas aren't close and have either narrowed down their list to exclude both of those coaches, or have already hire one (Strong to Louisville).

ND holds the "hand" between the two Big East coaches. Kelly and Edsall are good coaches but Cincy and UConn are not places to hang your hat for too long. Good jobs sure, but not "upper echelon" jobs like ND.

Another promising coaching career derailed?

I can understand the attraction for certain coaches and ND has certain resources and advantages. At the same time ND has some serious issues that make succeeding there, especially to the level expected by the boosters difficult to impossible.

It will be interesting to see how Kelly does, it is obvious that he is a good coach and did a great job at Cincy but I wonder how he will do in South Bend.

I think he will be pretty good. The expectations have really been beaten down alot over the last decade. Kelly is a really special coach that has the right type of character to make ND a top program. The challenges he'll face at ND are certainly different, but not greater than he overcame at Cincy and he was very successful there.

On a side note, the Big East "balance of power" certainly will shift with Louisville getting Strong, Cincy losing Kelly, Edsall "shopping around". Pitt and West Virginia must be licking their chops for 2010.

ND has a rough schedule next year and will be losing Clausen; the new coach will sart out in a big hole; their situaion is not unlike the Buffs x we have a coach

ND has a rough schedule next year and will be losing Clausen; the new coach will sart out in a big hole; their situaion is not unlike the Buffs x we have a coach

Are you sure? I know we have a zen karma guy with a funny haircut but is he actually a coach?

Actually Kelly is a very good coach. The problem is that the ND job is a whole lot bigger than the Cincy job because of the boosters and the history. They have stunk since Holtz left but that just makes them more insistent on winning. They lose a lot of talent and if Kelly gets off to a bad start it could go south in a flash.

I am not comparing neccessarily but Hawk won a lot of games before coming to Boulder and CU is nothing like the pressure cooker that ND is.

Actually Kelly is a very good coach. The problem is that the ND job is a whole lot bigger than the Cincy job because of the boosters and the history.

oh and not to mention Kelly is coming from a school that is famous for having a basketball coach that never graduated a single player. I think the standards are a tad different at ND.

next year will be VERY rough for them. three years from now? BCS guaranteed. assuming that assclown system is still around. the guy can coach, he'll be fine. and NBC will be reupping their k.

ND's schedule is not that tough next year, it includes Purdue, Western Michigan, Army, Navy, and Tulsa, and no team currently ranked higher than 21st in the BCS standings.

ND's schedule is not that tough next year, it includes Purdue, Western Michigan, Army, Navy, and Tulsa, and no team currently ranked higher than 21st in the BCS standings.
I didnt think too much of their schedule either, I mean only 3 true road games and 2 neutrel site games? What a bunch of ****ing cowards. I also like that the Cincy players are making how they feel about it known and arent giving him a pass like everyone else on tv.

I didnt think too much of their schedule either, I mean only 3 true road games and 2 neutrel site games? What a bunch of ****ing cowards. I also like that the Cincy players are making how they feel about it known and arent giving him a pass like everyone else on tv.

What are they saying?

Kelly did the same thing to Central Michigan. He coached Cincy in their bowl game in 2006. Cincy should think about that before they get too upset.

What are they saying?

Both from Mardy Gilyard:

I don't worry about it. You know, its done. I walked in there, I heard him say he took the Notre Dame job, I turned around and walked out...Cincinatti is still Cincinatti without BK....At the end of the day, I know he's a business man. He's always been a business man
He went for the money. I’m fairly disgusted with the situation, that they let it last this long.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2009/12/11/curious-index-12112009/

Back