What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

nd-USC

CarolinaBuff

Club Member
Club Member
ND has 0 first downs and 9 total yards at halftime. USC up 24-zip.

But go ahead and keep the offensive genius around, you nd idots. :thumbsup:

Everything I've been hearing is that nd won't make a change. But that's pretty much mainstream media types that I've been listening to.

Kelly from Cincinnati is a recurring rumor.

Kelly has a better chance winning at Cincinnati than he does at Notre Dame. If he's smart he'll stay and build a serious contender at UC. If he were to close the borders to the city (some of the best High School football in the country), he could build a juggernaut that no one else in the Big East could compete with. They'd be an annual top 10 team....or at least close to it.

Kelly has a better chance winning at Cincinnati than he does at Notre Dame. If he's smart he'll stay and build a serious contender at UC. If he were to close the borders to the city (some of the best High School football in the country), he could build a juggernaut that no one else in the Big East could compete with. They'd be an annual top 10 team....or at least close to it.

They mentioned that during the game today and were saying how OSU obviously dominates the state of Ohio, but that there's plenty of talent in that state and and Cincy can really get a foothold on being the solid #2 in that state. I was surprised to see that Louisville and UK don't pull all that many kids from Ohio.

Ha Weis is an Offensive genius:smile2: I hope he gets canned. F*** ND

no, no, no!!! i want the domers to keep him around forever. just like i wanted knu to keep billy calahan. personally, i thougt BC was doing great things for knu. i could have not been happier with his performance. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
They won't fire Charlie Cheeseburger. They can't afford to. Nobody can. I think it's something like a $30MM buyout. They're stuck with the guy.

Mwaaahahhahahahhahhahaaahahahaa!!!!! :rofl2:

They won't fire Charlie Cheeseburger. They can't afford to. Nobody can. I think it's something like a $30MM buyout. They're stuck with the guy.

I heard that for some reason the buyout was only around 5 mil. Oh well, who cares, eff them :thumbsup:

Not anywhere close to $30 million. Might be pretty high, but there are also reports it is not that high (in the $5 million range). Do not be surprised at all if he gets fired, I think the odds are about 50-50 right now.

Not anywhere close to $30 million. Might be pretty high, but there are also reports it is not that high (in the $5 million range). Do not be surprised at all if he gets fired, I think the odds are about 50-50 right now.

Yeah, ND definately has the coin to make it happen if the alums want it to.

They mentioned that during the game today and were saying how OSU obviously dominates the state of Ohio, but that there's plenty of talent in that state and and Cincy can really get a foothold on being the solid #2 in that state. I was surprised to see that Louisville and UK don't pull all that many kids from Ohio.

I think because they're so focused on being basketball schools, the football gets left with fewer resources. Plus the coaching situation for a long time was never consistent with either school. The kids around here know that so they end up staying in Ohio or going to Notre Dame or Boston College. And now with this BCS victory, you'll see more guys stay in the city.

If notre dame was capable of hiring somebody who could coach the program wouldn't be such a mess. They could fire the coach ten seasons in a row and never get it right.

I don't think the money's a factor, but I still think he'll end up staying. They'll use the excuse that he's been recruiting well and they had a "3-game" improvement this year. Which of course is about the stupidest argument you can make given their schedule this year, but I be that's the excuse they'll use. :huh:

Bottom line - I don't think they're smart enough to fire this arrogant asshole.

I don't think the money's a factor, but I still think he'll end up staying. They'll use the excuse that he's been recruiting well and they had a "3-game" improvement this year. Which of course is about the stupidest argument you can make given their schedule this year, but I be that's the excuse they'll use. :huh:

Bottom line - I don't think they're smart enough to fire this arrogant asshole.

I still don't know that they can afford it, but even if they can, they won't. Can you imagine what it would look like to a prospective HC if they fired a guy with 8 years left on his contract? It always comes back to money. Even if they can pay the payout clause, they'll have to pay the next guy more money than Saban's getting in order to get him to sign on the dotted line. Economics has to come into it at some point.

I still don't know that they can afford it, but even if they can, they won't. Can you imagine what it would look like to a prospective HC if they fired a guy with 8 years left on his contract? It always comes back to money. Even if they can pay the payout clause, they'll have to pay the next guy more money than Saban's getting in order to get him to sign on the dotted line. Economics has to come into it at some point.

The more this situation plays out, it looks more and more to me as though Weis will be staying. The AD is saying he's not even gonna meet with Weis until next Monday. Meanwhile, Weis and his staff are out on the road recruiting. :confused: Look at the other big programs who have made moves, they fired their coaches about a month ago. It just seems pretty late in the game for them to decide on a coaching change at this point.

The one possible reason I could see for them delaying this is if they are targeting an existing head coach and want to talk to that candidate first. In particular, Urban Meyer. ESPN reported this morning that there is speculation that ND will meet with Meyer to gauge his interest. He reportedly has an out in his contract for ND and Ohio State.

The one possible reason I could see for them delaying this is if they are targeting an existing head coach and want to talk to that candidate first. In particular, Urban Meyer. ESPN reported this morning that there is speculation that ND will meet with Meyer to gauge his interest. He reportedly has an out in his contract for ND and Ohio State.

Urban Meyer already had a choice between Florida and Notre Dumb. He chose Florida. Through a friend of mine who's a big ND fan and alumnus, the deal breaker with ND was that he wanted to have 2-3 recruits a year that he could get in, regardless of their grades & test scores. ND wouldn't allow it. Maybe they'll get desperate enough to give in next time. If I were Meyer, there's no way in Hell I'd leave Gainesville for South Bend. Are you kidding me?

The more this situation plays out, it looks more and more to me as though Weis will be staying. The AD is saying he's not even gonna meet with Weis until next Monday. Meanwhile, Weis and his staff are out on the road recruiting. :confused: Look at the other big programs who have made moves, they fired their coaches about a month ago. It just seems pretty late in the game for them to decide on a coaching change at this point.

Didn't Meyer already spurn ND once? ND fans hate him.

Urban Meyer already had a choice between Florida and Notre Dumb. He chose Florida. Through a friend of mine who's a big ND fan and alumnus, the deal breaker with ND was that he wanted to have 2-3 recruits a year that he could get in, regardless of their grades & test scores. ND wouldn't allow it. Maybe they'll get desperate enough to give in next time. If I were Meyer, there's no way in Hell I'd leave Gainesville for South Bend. Are you kidding me?

Yea, he turned down ND 4 years ago, but why would he have ND as a potential buyout written into his contract? I agree, why would you leave UF and the SEC for South Bend? But everyone has different goals and/or motivations.

Yea, he turned down ND 4 years ago, but why would he have ND as a potential buyout written into his contract? I agree, why would you leave UF and the SEC for South Bend? But everyone has different goals and/or motivations.

Are we sure he has a ND buyout written into his contract? I think that's a myth. Every time we hear about a coach *possibly* going to ND, we hear about how he has a ND buyout clause in there. I'm not sure I believe it.

If USC would have stayed on the gas and kept on scoring, Weis would be out of a job this morning.

Last night loss was brutal, but it wasn't epic.

I just couldn't believe they only had 90 some yards of total offense for the entire game!? That's f-ing unbelieveable................:wow:

Are we sure he has a ND buyout written into his contract? I think that's a myth. Every time we hear about a coach *possibly* going to ND, we hear about how he has a ND buyout clause in there. I'm not sure I believe it.

No I'm not sure, it's just something I read in passing the other day. And now I just took a quick look around and found this tidbit:

A Tribune review of Meyer's deal does not reveal some mystery out clause for Notre Dame. At least not in black and white.

Regardless, given the way the last month has gone, Notre Dame might be satisfied if it placed a call — and Meyer didn't beg Florida to let him stay.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-01-notre-dame-footballdec01,0,7676067.story

Usually there are boosters around of the caliber of T Boone Pickens that fund this kind of thing when the AD calls. With the economy in the condition its in a lot of these guys are gone for a lot of schools including ND. Fund raising, season ticket renewals, seat licensing, and luxury box revenue are going to decline this year Pro and College. So, raising the money for buy out might not be easy to come by.

Last edited:
Back