What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NEBRASKA CANS PELINI!

Well, I loved it. Of course, it's nice seeing the NU AD get thrown under the bus, and nice to see NU getting hammered a bit in the media, but you have to like a guy who is that passionate about football and his team. I was a proponent to hire Bo back before EB....or was it Hawk? Probably had to be when we hired Hawk. Seeing him lose his mind, maybe not the best fit for CU (Hell, this last year he would have killed a ref and buried him at midfield) but you still have to love the guys who have that fire a bit.

Or it could be just that he is taking a big dump on NU in the media. That might have something to do with it.

Well, I loved it. Of course, it's nice seeing the NU AD get thrown under the bus, and nice to see NU getting hammered a bit in the media, but you have to like a guy who is that passionate about football and his team. I was a proponent to hire Bo back before EB....or was it Hawk? Probably had to be when we hired Hawk. Seeing him lose his mind, maybe not the best fit for CU (Hell, this last year he would have killed a ref and buried him at midfield) but you still have to love the guys who have that fire a bit.

Or it could be just that he is taking a big dump on NU in the media. That might have something to do with it.

Clearly there was bad blood between him and AD Eichorst. My reading is mixed feelings about all of this among their fans: Pelini was not what they wanted (he's no Dr. Tom) but the same time Mike Rileys hire was totally underwhelming. Some think all three are problems, four if you include Harvey Pearlman.

I still think Pelini is a good coach.

Pelini is a selfish POS for making those statements about his former employer, or anyone really, in such a public way. Remember not long ago his rant included the fans. I think he's a great DC but an average HC, but no one would or should have to put up with that BS. If that's how a grown man behaves in front of your kids, do you really want him around them?

He said he wants Tressel's advice going forward. Tressel to Pelini: STFU!

Pelini is a selfish POS for making those statements about his former employer, or anyone really, in such a public way. Remember not long ago his rant included the fans. I think he's a great DC but an average HC, but no one would or should have to put up with that BS. If that's how a grown man behaves in front of your kids, do you really want him around them?

He said he wants Tressel's advice going forward. Tressel to Pelini: STFU!
Saying that to the players makes it worse than if it were in a one off discussion with say, the Y St boosters that got recorded. Those players do not have much a choice but to stick it out, and now they will have Pelini's words ringing in their ears about the AD not supporting the program. He phrased it this way a dozen place times - it wasn't that the AD didn't support Pelini - it was that the AD didn't support "us" didn't support "the program". That was pretty ****ty.

Man, there is so much to speculate on with the AD. He said he was a hands off guy, let coaches coach when they hired him. On the other hand you cant stop and say "Hi, need anything from me?" once in a while? On the other hand do you want to get chummy with a guy you know you are firing regardless at the end of the year? I have listened to Miami sports writers say he was the same way at Miami, none of them had a good feel for him either. His coaching hires there seem to be good for them... The new guy exudes total professionalism and seems to be a 180 from Bo personality wise but he is also barely above .500. I will NOT miss Bo at all. In hindsight there were warning signs all the way back to the day he chewed Snyder's arse for running up the score while on Solich's staff. He is more famous for being an ass than he is for winning anything. One thing for sure, its going to be interesting.

Man, there is so much to speculate on with the AD. He said he was a hands off guy, let coaches coach when they hired him. On the other hand you cant stop and say "Hi, need anything from me?" once in a while? On the other hand do you want to get chummy with a guy you know you are firing regardless at the end of the year? I have listened to Miami sports writers say he was the same way at Miami, none of them had a good feel for him either. His coaching hires there seem to be good for them... The new guy exudes total professionalism and seems to be a 180 from Bo personality wise but he is also barely above .500. I will NOT miss Bo at all. In hindsight there were warning signs all the way back to the day he chewed Snyder's arse for running up the score while on Solich's staff. He is more famous for being an ass than he is for winning anything. One thing for sure, its going to be interesting.

I think Riley is one of the best CFB coaches around. It will be interesting to see what he does when he is not the underdog sneaking up on people.

Seriously. This is the only thread that actually makes me happy today.

Sorry. I was grumpy yesterday after the announcements... seeing Nebraska as a topic made me even more grumpy... I'm happy he's calling out the school and the fans and everything about the program. Hope they fall into a decade of suck.

A comment I read about Pelini pretty much summed up the fan perspective on him out of Nebraska, I think.

"Sure, he won 9 games a year. But in 7 years, there were no wins we'll remember and a number of bad losses we'll never forget."

Back