What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska fans where are you????????

Kam, I'm glad to know that you deserve your identification.

It's obvious that Kam's only interested in moral victories - "look at the stats!" and claiming to win parts of games. Boy, I'd hate to be in a room of real Husker fans when that nonsense is spewed in front of them. Oh well, losing to little Iowa State is what the Kam types deserve and they can brag about 'moral victories'. ha ha...

lol yeah its our defense's fault we lost the game. God fellow huskers, our offense chokes up the ball 8 times and we allow a total of 9 points. OMG THEY SUCK!

My little sister knows more about football.

Lol are you serious?

Do you know any perfect defense? I don't. Florida doesn't have one. Texas doesn't have one. The difference is they have offenses that put points on the board. If this game owuld have been 35-10 we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Im sorry but every coach in the program, sports commentator, and fan knows that the offense destroyed this game and our Defense played a good ball game. I can't help it if you don't know what you're talking about.

I've gotta agree with Kamel on this. I was flipping back and forth between CU-KjSU and NU-ISU. The NU defense was stout all day long. Hell, they only gave up 239 total yards and 9 points when the offense turned the ball over 8 times. 9 points is a solid effort even if your offense never turns the ball over. It's damn near superhuman with 8 turnovers.

NU's offense sank them in this one. No doubt about that.

Yes, having their homefield stripes cause fumbles is a humiliation. The Huskers wanted to fumble more than score points, and they WERE successful in that.

But my question was if the Defense's refusal to stop little Iowa State's 2nd stringers wasn't a concern at all? "Look at the stats" and "Yes, They Get A Free Ride" are the answers I see.

The fuskers lost because they had more turnovers than points scored. Period. That they didn't lose by by more than 2 is pretty much a miracle. easliy could have been a 20, 30 even 40 point loss giving the other team the ball that much.

Yes, having their homefield stripes cause fumbles is a humiliation. The Huskers wanted to fumble more than score points, and they WERE successful in that.

But my question was if the Defense's refusal to stop little Iowa State's 2nd stringers wasn't a concern at all? "Look at the stats" and "Yes, They Get A Free Ride" are the answers I see.

The D stopped ISU.

The fuskers lost because they had more turnovers than points scored. Period. That they didn't lose by by more than 2 is pretty much a miracle. easliy could have been a 20, 30 even 40 point loss giving the other team the ball that much.

Exactly. I mean our D didn't play a 'perfect' game but I've never seen a defense play a perfect game. We gave up a gutsy ass fake punt...a big bomb down field and a long chewing clock in the 4th. Other then that I was very satisified with our D. 2 blocked kicks...a number of sacks and tackles for loss. Stout secondary except for a big blown coverage off of a play action scramble on the run.

I thought our D played extremely well. We should have lost by a lot more.

dunno, think Kam is winning this argument. 8 ****ing turnovers and only 9 points? thats insane.

dunno, think Kam is winning this argument. 8 ****ing turnovers and only 9 points? thats insane.

My brother in law is a clone fan and I didn't hear the end of it all day over texts.

I went over my Tivo of the game. If we would have kicked a field goal every time we were in range we would have won teh game 21-9. That's sad.

My brother in law is a clone fan and I didn't hear the end of it all day over texts.

I went over my Tivo of the game. If we would have kicked a field goal every time we were in range we would have won teh game 21-9. That's sad.

There are clone fans? I guess they come out when they have a somewhat decent year.

Everyone I know from Iowa is a Hawkeye fan. I don't mind the cyclones but man looking at the Big 12 north standings and seeing a posibilty of Kansas, ksJu, and ISU as the best teams really hurts.

Everyone I know from Iowa is a Hawkeye fan. I don't mind the cyclones but man looking at the Big 12 north standings and seeing a posibilty of Kansas, ksJu, and ISU as the best teams really hurts.

Yeah no kidding.

Kansas State? Wtf is going on with football.

The problem is Watson moved away from what was working. Running it up the gut with the I-formation was working and he went back to short passes in the flats or screens that gained miniscule yards. If you notice every time Lee checkdowns at the line of scrimmage, it's a screen to the left or a run to the right. Just about everytime and if I'm noticing that I can guarantee the opposing team is noticing that. The other problem with Lee is about 80% of his passes are to the right and he stares the receiver down the entire time. Any cornerback worth a damn is going to be all over that and read his eyes.

:nod:

Damn, go back a few years here and I think you might see an EXACT SAME POST.

More like hundreds of very similar posts.

How many times have Buff fans written those words about Watson over the years? Many, many, many times. And until two weeks ago, or so, we were routinely scoffed at by nebraska fans for saying it.

Frankly, I find nothing about this season satisfying, but BRI's post might be the closest thing to satisfaction I get. How sad is that?

The loss to Iowa State was bad karma by Z. Lee and his "T" pose everytime UNL scored against Mizzou...

I know, he didnt get the start..... but karma still follows....

I wonder if CU and NU both don't go to a bowl or they have another winner goes bowling, loser stays home for holidays game after turkey day.

Looking at NU's schedule, if they don't start picking it up from the last two week, they could struggle to win 2 more games.

@ Baylor
Oklahoma
@ Kansas
Kansas St.
@ Colorado

I wonder if CU and NU both don't go to a bowl or they have another winner goes bowling, loser stays home for holidays game after turkey day.

Looking at NU's schedule, if they don't start picking it up from the last two week, they could struggle to win 2 more games.

@ Baylor
Oklahoma
@ Kansas
Kansas St.
@ Colorado

Sadly...that's a very real prediction

I only see two possible wins on the remaining schedule and these aren't guaranteed wins. Baylor and Colorado, you guys are playing pretty poorly as well, but with it being a rivalry game you always have to put a toss-up on that one. OU will eat us alive, I haven't seen KSUcks play so I don't know how they are, and KU has a good offense that can't score points, but I don't know how their defense is.

On another note, I think it is entirely possible for KSU to not win another game.

@ Oklahoma
Kansas
Missouri
@ Nebraska

I'm not sure CU fans have it so bad. Look at what is going on in Lincoln.

Not sure which team sucks more. The Buffs or the Huskers?

[video=youtube;zmTR7UwKC3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmTR7UwKC3w[/video]

One of them better figure things out or the North is going to go to KSU or ISU. Now that would mean all hell has broken loose.

Yeah, but the idea of the video hasn't been funny for a long time. The first couple times I saw that type it was hilarious. Now it is way overplayed and just annoying.

The whole idea would be revived with a new clip, from a different movie. The idea is still funny. It just needs something new.

"Cinderella Man" is the perfect movie to show the team right now. Between the economy being so tough and the team being in a bad spot, this would resonate very well.

Back