What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska game

This is one hundred percent right. And overstepping can kill a team. I mean, I remember when I thought I needed to start jacking shots up in HS one day. I let it fly repeatedly in practice. And that's when coach called me over and sat me down. "Goose, you need to know your role. Do what you do best. Which is sit on the bench and serve as motivation to our best player to know that if he effs up he has to watch you play." And from that day on, that's all I did.
This reminded me of my role on the basketball team my Soph and Junior years as a football player playing basketball. My role was arriving early, partaking of open shoot and stretching, then jumping in my car to go wake up our star player, drag him out of bed and drive him back to the school for practice.

This reminded me of my role on the basketball team my Soph and Junior years as a football player playing basketball. My role was arriving early, partaking of open shoot and stretching, then jumping in my car to go wake up our star player, drag him out of bed and drive him back to the school for practice.
Hand to God, one game my coach put me in for our best player. After a minute I heard "are you tired of watching Goose make an ass of himself? Are you going to try now? Get in there"

My job was done.

Hand to God, one game my coach put me in for our best player. After a minute I heard "are you tired of watching Goose make an ass of himself? Are you going to try now? Get in there"

My job was done.
LOL did you play for Bob Caton?

I made the freshman team only because my future OL coach was coaching the freshman and he wanted to keep me off the streets. I would sit on the bench and coach would say “wow #42 sure can rebound! Wow #42 sure can make layups and put backs. Wow #42 sure can’t shoot free throws worth a ****! Heywood get in there and guard #42!”

I made the freshman team only because my future OL coach was coaching the freshman and he wanted to keep me off the streets. I would sit on the bench and coach would say “wow #42 sure can rebound! Wow #42 sure can make layups and put backs. Wow #42 sure can’t shoot free throws worth a ****! Heywood get in there and guard #42!”
Similar experience. I was known as Four Forty Four.
4 ppg. 4 rpg. 4 fouls per game. Go beat the sh!t out of their bigs.

All Colorado football players are great at basketball.

Back to the game . . .

Watching in person:

• The ball movement and movement off the ball was very good for most of the game. It seems that often early in the season Tad's teams struggle in this area. Good to see.

• Three point shooting by the Buffs was not good with the exception of Javon Ruffin. They created plenty of open looks but weren't consistently hitting them.

• Ruffin has a very flat shot from the perimeter. Not sure this is going serve him when the ball doesn't go in cleanly.

• Rebounding was very good and the team in general was aggressive in getting to the glass when shots went up. This resulted in a lot of offensive rebounds. Unfortunately, a lot of the attempted put backs didn't go in.

• Tad moment of the game came in the second half when J'Vonne Hadley grabbed a loose ball and went up for a monster dunk that missed badly. You can imagine Tad's reaction :). He made up for it within a few minutes when KJ Simpson exploded down the lane and then dished to a cutting Hadley who finished with contact as well as making the free throw.

Tad talks about how much depth this team has and has stated that 10 players will play in games. Looks to me that in the short term it's gonna unlikely that any of the current starters lose their role. In particular, Hadley plays Tad ball very well.

Does Moby still have those pull-out bleachers like my Junior High?
Idk. Maybe a higher quality plastic bleacher but I haven't been inside that place in 30 years. If you look up at the backboards that are pulled up I bet those side and end bleachers retract.
Moby_Arena_2022.jpg

Unlike football Nebraska has no golden era of basketball to fall back on. They have never been very good outside of an occasional up year and even those haven't been anything that most other schools would consider memorable.
Well, after all, ****braska IS a football sch…..err….nevermind.

Back