What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska in 2018

I completely get why you guys would be pissed at your AD for such a stupid idea. Schedule it like you normally do, 2 home, 2 away, and be done with it. He's shown he has the ability to be a complete dumbass when he wants to be...........

You make a good point. However, I'm happier overall when I ****ing hate nebraska, and these last few years that hate has been slipping from previous standards.

Obviously, if I think about the self-important, self-proclaimed "classy" fan base, I'll hate them. I just haven't had a reason to think about them as much, thus the slippage in hate.

**** you!......................does that help? :lol:

I like the hire of Mike Mac a lot. That being said, I wont be heart broken to see Bohn lose his job. I've been fairly neutral about him. Stupid **** like this isn't winning me over.

I completely get why you guys would be pissed at your AD for such a stupid idea. Schedule it like you normally do, 2 home, 2 away, and be done with it. He's shown he has the ability to be a complete dumbass when he wants to be...........

When he wants to be????

I didn't like a lot of the scheduling actions in the past or the Hawkins extension, but I could justify them within the concept of a bankrupt department that had to do what it could to make extra revenue or make the risk of long-term deals when those deals were available.

I'm not so sure why you're so pissed about Butch Jones. Very successful coach who checked all the boxes. In hindsight, I think that having to fall back to HCMM was the best thing that ever happened to us, but I could say the same thing about Michigan slobbering Les Miles' knob and having to hire Brady Hoke.

Why I'm so pissed now is that the dynamics of the CU situation have changed with the Pac-12 contracts. If Bohn schedules a home Nebraska game for Denver, that tells me that his thinking didn't change as his circumstances changed. That tells me he's incapable of thinking outside of the little box he has created. And that tells me he needs to be fired, because that little box no longer applies.

I have also been able to work thru in my head many of the decisions that have been made in the AD for the last 7-10 years but moving this one to Denver would be a true demonstration that the job at CU has outgrown Bohn. He was the right guy for the job for many reasons and has actually done a very good job of being an administrator to a program with a lot of problems. He navigated well thru the rough financial waters we were going thru. The problem is that he is not a visionary. He can not create a grand vision for the program and then put together the plan to sell it. He has been a manager and if this unnessary diversion of attention to something that fits the CU of yesterday is a prime example. He is running out of chances to be the guy who leads CU athletics to the next level. It is about time to say thank you for getting our house straightened out but then going out and getting the dynamic, visionary leader that CU needs to take the program to the elite levels.

When I read the resurrection of the niblet series, I was pretty underwhelmed. Typical Bohn. Generate excitement with "major" annonuncement that, in reality, is nothing more than scheduling a major non-conference opponent. Wow, you mean CU is doing something they have been known for the last 20 years? Ohhhh, very exciting.

Tennessee, USC, Washington, Illinois (back when they didn't suck), Florida State, Georgia, Texas, UCLA, Michigan, Stanford were all OOC games over the years, of course depending on whether it was Big 8, 12 or Pac 12.

Bohn, however, has the brilliant insight to bargain away the right to have a new major non-conference opponent play a true home game. Instead he reserves the right to put the game in the venue many CU fans hate the most...the Mile High Gulag. What is the biggest complaint with the annual goat game? Playing it at the Donkey Stadium. Bohn's answer? Hey, let's play another team there. The guy truly is incompetent.

When I read the resurrection of the niblet series, I was pretty underwhelmed. Typical Bohn. Generate excitement with "major" announcement that, in reality, is nothing more than scheduling a major non-conference opponent. Wow, you mean CU is doing something they have been known for the last 20 years? Ohhhh, very exciting.

Tennessee, USC, Washington, Illinois (back when they didn't suck), Florida State, Georgia, Texas, UCLA, Michigan, Stanford were all OOC games over the years, of course depending on whether it was Big 8, 12 or Pac 12.

Bohn, however, has the brilliant insight to bargain away the right to have a new major non-conference opponent play a true home game. Instead he reserves the right to put the game in the venue many CU fans hate the most...the Mile High Gulag. What is the biggest complaint with the annual goat game? Playing it at the Donkey Stadium. Bohn's answer? Hey, let's play another team there. The guy truly is incompetent.

Not to defend Bohn's move but:
Seems to me Bohn is chasing the $$$'s for the program by reserving the right to move the game to the "Mile High Gulag". Nothing wrong with that if the $$$'s come to be. If that's not going to happen, then when will seating be added to CU's stadium to bring in the much needed cash for the Athletic Department?

Not to defend Bohn's move but:
Seems to me Bohn is chasing the $$$'s for the program by reserving the right to move the game to the "Mile High Gulag". Nothing wrong with that if the $$$'s come to be. If that's not going to happen, then when will seating be added to CU's stadium to bring in the much needed cash for the Athletic Department?

Jesus, I wish nebraska had a professional football team.

If you can't understand what's wrong with the Mile High Option, there's nothing I can do to help you.

Jesus, I wish nebraska had a professional football team.

If you can't understand what's wrong with the Mile High Option, there's nothing I can do to help you.

Jesus! I do understand. Bohn is simply chasing the $$$'s. He doesn't care what the common Buffalo Fan wants. If you can't figure that out, there is nothing anyone can do to help you.

Just saying!

We know his reasoning for moving the game, dumb****. Try to read through the thread and understand why posters are pissed.

Jesus! I do understand. Bohn is simply chasing the $$$'s. He doesn't care what the common Buffalo Fan wants. If you can't figure that out, there is nothing anyone can do to help you.

Just saying!

Well, since the dollars were an assumed conclusion, and you stated it as if it was a full-blown revelation, you'll have to forgive me for assuming you are stupid.

But since we are the fans, and as you say Bohn "doesn't care what the common Buffalo Fan wants", why wouldn't we be pissed? On some level, we're the consumer, and a college football experience is what he's supposed to be providing. If he's so out of touch regarding the experience we crave, then we should be concerned.

I can see the AD's angle...if you don't want these played in Denver then the fans need to pony up the donations so we can expand Folsom and keep it on campus. This must have been Phil's idea.

Careful, this thread is soon to be a bunch of Nebraska fans discussing their school's academic ratings.

What's crazy, is that even thought the apostrophe appeared in my quote, it was still absent in your post. I think I need to step away from the computer for a minute.

Even thought? You moran!

Back