What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nelson Spruce tribute thread

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
All-time leader in Pac-12 receptions.

This is a big ****ing deal. Hell of a player who has been so much fun to watch during a very tough time for fans.

Spruuuuuuuuuuucccccccccceeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nelson-spruce-colorado-football.jpg

Big time props to one of the best in CU history. Hopefully he and the team can surprise some people and pull a few more Ws out to end his career.

He is truly talented. Has been fun to watch him over the past four years. I had no idea when he was recruited that he would be this successful. I really hope he gets drafted and has a great pro career.

I'll miss him. A true bright spot. Spruuuuuuuuuuce! Congrats and well deserved.

Guy has a future in the league. I see a classic slot guy. He works well in traffic, makes sharp cuts and runs precise routes, and catches everything thrown to him even when he is getting hit.

Spruce!! Kid is a stud and a relentless worker. If a guy ever deserved a chance at the NFL, it is Spruce. He had at least 2 catches in this game that no other receiver in NCAA could make. He will have a place to play at the next level. He is the best catching receiver CU has ever had.

He really set down roots in boulder. He's been a true joy to watch and grow as he branched out into a leader for this football team... it will be a sad day when he leaves boulder... wood

Guy is going to win the buffalo heart award and rightly so. It's been great to se him evolve over the years. Never would have thought early on he'd hold as many records as he now has. Fun to watch and I think he'll be in the league for years.

Truly a great technician at the position. I believe he has no more than one--ONE--dropped pass in his career here. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that his being underutilized might be at the root of our problems this year. Leaves room for argument, though.

Been such a pleasure watching him the last 4 years.Looking forward to seeing how much he can separate from the old record the next 4 weeks and what he does after he leaves here.

Still here! I can't believe it's been almost 5 years. I've been enjoying watching Nelson as a Buff and had a great trip to Boulder for the AZ game. Thanks for all the kind words about him.
He's earned every kind word. The guy is class in everything he has done since he showed up in Boulder.

You can tell a lot about a guy from how his teammates respond to him. You can see that he has the respect of the guys in that locker room, and it isn't just because he catches a lot of footballs.

Still here! I can't believe it's been almost 5 years. I've been enjoying watching Nelson as a Buff and had a great trip to Boulder for the AZ game. Thanks for all the kind words about him.
Season isn't over yet, we need him the last 4 games. This team shouldn't be hurt, they should be pissed off, they are gonna need it next week.

I really hope he doesn't end up in New England, because he'd be awesome there and I don't want to be conflicted about him like I am with Solder.

Congrats to Spruce for the record. We have been lucky to have him as a Buff with his dedication to the team.

Yep, Spruce has probably been the bright spot on offense and it will be tough to see him go. I'm certain we will all be seeing him playing on sundays. A great Buff!

Really good player and one of the grittier players to wear a CU uniform in a while. He will be missed.

One of our all time greats.

Also, we owe him one for coming back for his senior year. His stats have diminished this year with the development of the other receivers - you could see this coming and it may take money straight out of his pocket starting off in the NFL. Can you imagine how this offense would have struggled without him on the field in 2015?

Thanks, Nelson!

Yep. All of us who've suffered through depressing home games for the last few years will tell people "yeah, it was bad. But I got to see most of Nelson Spruce's home games".

Congrats to #22.

Luv me some Spruce. One tough amigo who goes about his job in a quiet fashion. Will miss seeing him line up next year but will enjoy watching him add to his numbers over the next 4.

Back