What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nembot showing progress

Most importantly to me...mentally and intellectually strong. You can tell from the interview.
Agreed. He was so willing to take instruction and so appreciative of what he had. You could tell he was approaching everything from the right direction.

I can see opponents writing a song about him.

Oh Yoshimi! They don't believe me! But you wouldn't let Nembot defeat me??

He seems like a kid that wasn't raised in the United States. Sad but true.
Why the hell does that matter? He lived in Cameroon until his Freshman year in high school then came to the US to get an education.

Looks and sounds like a leader. Going to be very successful with or without football. I have a hunch this isn't even close to the last interview he is going to end up doing.

As to his parents, has to be very hard to be separated but he is honoring them in what he does. At some point he will not only be able to see them but to support them.

Why the hell does that matter? He lived in Cameroon until his Freshman year in high school then came to the US to get an education.

WTF dude. Stop reading **** into my posts that is not there. I respect this guy 100 times more than I respect the typical hs grad, including you. He's working hard to better his family, his country, and himself. He's given up the game he loves to excel at another and get a great education. I wish him all the best and have the utmost respect.

I thought Daah was a liberal....his comments are shocking and embarrassing.

WTF dude. Stop reading **** into my posts that is not there. I respect this guy 100 times more than I respect the typical hs grad, including you. He's working hard to better his family, his country, and himself. He's given up the game he loves to excel at another and get a great education. I wish him all the best and have the utmost respect.
Then elaborate more next time. I read it as derogatory towards him but obviously it wasn't.

And that's fine, you don't have to respect me, doesn't bother me one bit.

Are you serious?

owned.gif

Then elaborate more next time. I read it as derogatory towards him but obviously it wasn't.

And that's fine, you don't have to respect me, doesn't bother me one bit.

Elaborate? Does he seem like a typical HS graduate to you?

I meant that he doesn't seem like a typical high school graduate. Do you agree that is true? Do you agree that it is sad?
Other than being a giant he seemed like a normal kid. Obviously he came to US for better education possibilities and other than his heavy accent I didn't notice any glaring things. Hell he probably speaks better English than the majority of college athletes.

Edit - I know what you're saying now. Disregard.

I'm not an engineer. Where are you going with this?

Nowhere...other than, your comment about Nembot not being from the US, and that it is sad, is not what you (apparently) meant. Many engineers are not great at communicating what they mean, so I was trying to give you an easy out.

Nowhere...other than, your comment about Nembot not being from the US, and that it is sad, is not what you (apparently) meant. Many engineers are not great at communicating what they mean, so I was trying to give you an easy out.

It is what I meant. It is sad for the US and for its graduates. I can't believe this is so hard to understand.

So much nastiness.

I liked Nembot from his highlight vid of him kicking off and then running down the return guy like a Yeti chasing down a Yak, or whatever Yetis eat. He has the physical tools, the mentality and the drive to be a star at CU and beyond. One redshirt year would do wonders for him....he admits his lack of technique. The better days for CU are 2 to 3 years down the road. I hope we can save him this year but probably not if the Dline is desperate.

So much nastiness.

I liked Nembot from his highlight vid of him kicking off and then running down the return guy like a Yeti chasing down a Yak, or whatever Yetis eat. He has the physical tools, the mentality and the drive to be a star at CU and beyond. One redshirt year would do wonders for him....he admits his lack of technique. The better days for CU are 2 to 3 years down the road. I hope we can save him this year but probably not if the Dline is desperate.

I think it is more that our special teams are desperate

Great kid, really glad to have him as a Buff. You can tell he's going to work his ass off in the classroom and on the field. Good chance he barely knew English when he came here, French is most common in Cameroon along with indigenous languages. It's got to be tough being that far away from home for years with no visits on the horizon. However his parents have to be excited about the opportunities he is able to take advantage of here. Cameroon is one of the most successful African countries and has natural resources that give it the potential to have a bright future, but the GDP per capita is $2,170 and unemployment is well over 30%. CUBuffs.com says that at Montclair Prep, Stephane was in a program that helped feed the homeless twice a week. His goal is to make enough money to give back to the needy in Africa. I really hope we can redshirt him, it goes without saying a year of being in the program could practically increase his ability ten-fold. I'd love to have his special teams contributions, but is it worth it to sacrifice a year of him starting and being a game changer down the road? It would be great in getting him game experience and I applaud the efforts of this staff to give ST the attention it needs, but on the flipside I'm so wary of wasting redshirts after so many RS were burned for nothing. This is going to be one intriguing young man to watch progress, hopefully there will be a way to arrange a visit for his parents.

It is what I meant. It is sad for the US and for its graduates. I can't believe this is so hard to understand.

I got you from the start, Daaah. Not sure what was so hard to understand. I agree completely and would sadly throw myself in the same boat as the other Americans when I first got to college. I am gonna root for this guy more than the rest of the team and can't wait to watch the emotional mini-documentary on him when we're in thNC four years from now....

Strong OP by the kid. Went down hill quickly thereafter.

ConclusuIon: Since it would be a violation to bring Nembot's parents to Boulder, maybe we should focus on sending Creatinine to Cameroon instead. Three years sounds about right.

Strong OP by the kid. Went down hill quickly thereafter.

ConclusuIon: Since it would be a violation to bring Nembot's parents to Boulder, maybe we should focus on sending Creatinine to Cameroon instead. Three years sounds about right.

Haven't they suffered enough?

Good post 'Tini. Rep. Fervor' is right, what's with all the anger talking about a CU player? Take it to the political forum. Nembot seems like a great kid, and will be a crusher!

Glad to have this kid. Must have a good head on his shoulders. Really sad that he can't see his family. If he went to Miami his parents would already be living on the beach in Miami.

Back