What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NET Watch 2020

After last night's games

Arizona moves up one to 7
Buffs hold steady at 12
Oregon stays at 19
Arizona St. up 7 spots to 40
Stanford up 3 to 44
USC loss to us moves them up one to 45

Six PAC teams in the mix for NCAA tournament bids. Both Palm and Lunardi have 5 PAC teams in their brackets this morning

Last edited:
UCLA is up to #76 NET. We need them to get inside that Top 75. That will make our road game a Quad 1 and our home game a Quad 2. Much better than them being Q3 & Q2 losses.

UCLA is up to #76 NET. We need them to get inside that Top 75. That will make our road game a Quad 1 and our home game a Quad 2. Much better than them being Q3 & Q2 losses.

They will get there - they are 9-2 in their last 11 and starting to come together. Not a team I want to see in the Pac12 tourney.

They will get there - they are 9-2 in their last 11 and starting to come together. Not a team I want to see in the Pac12 tourney.
Their remaining schedule:

Arizona State
Arizona
@USC

They lost by 18 @ASU, and won by 13 @Arizona. They lost at home to USC early in the conference schedule by 11.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised by anything between 0-3 and 3-0 in those games for them. Best bet is probably 2-1.

I think they end up on the NCAA bubble if they go something like 4-2 the rest of the way, 2-1 to close the regular season, 1st round bye for P12 tourney, and lose title game (hopefully to us).

Last edited:
Monday:

#1 Kansas beat Okie State
Prairie View A&M won at MS Valley St (PVAM is now 16-11, 1st place SWAC)

Tuesday games we care about:

#4 Dayton is at a decent George Mason
Wyoming hosts Nevada
Clemson is at Georgia Tech
CSU is at #5 San Diego State

Monday:

#1 Kansas beat Okie State
Prairie View A&M won at MS Valley St (PVAM is now 16-11, 1st place SWAC)

Tuesday games we care about:

#4 Dayton is at a decent George Mason
Wyoming hosts Nevada
Clemson is at Georgia Tech
CSU is at #5 San Diego State

Poor lammies. Sandy Eggo State just got upset at home. The 'tecs are gonna come out breathing fire out the nostrils.

This could be ugly.

Tuesday: Dayton won again, CSU played well in a loss, Wyoming lost again, and Clemson's a loser again on the road.

Wednesday games:

Northern Iowa hosts Evansville (should be a win)
Utah is at Stanford (sucks that the Cardinal get an extra rest/practice day before we play)

After last two games, it has been confirmed that NET rankings are no indicator of future performance...

And after the loss to stanford still at 22
That's a little weird, I'd have thought we'd drop 2-3 at least, but I guess it all depends on what else happened with teams close to us ... so theoretically, a win either at Utah or in the first round in Vegas and we're totally safe. We'd be under 30 NET.

That's a little weird, I'd have thought we'd drop 2-3 at least, but I guess it all depends on what else happened with teams close to us ... so theoretically, a win either at Utah or in the first round in Vegas and we're totally safe. We'd be under 30 NET.
NET is a composite that is built mostly around proxies for point differential and quality of opponent.

How much you win or lose by, where, and against who all matter.

A relatively close loss at Stanford doesn't hurt much, while a narrow win over Utah could actually see us drop if anyone directly behind us were to pick up a big win in quality and magnitude.

I think we're a lock regardless. May drop another line or two seedwise, but we have 7 Quadrant 1 wins. (Dayton, Stanford, USC x2, Arizona State x2, Oregon). More concerned about an ugly dance exit than anything at this point.

I think we're a lock regardless. May drop another line or two seedwise, but we have 7 Quadrant 1 wins. (Dayton, Stanford, USC x2, Arizona State x2, Oregon). More concerned about an ugly dance exit than anything at this point.
If we lose to Utah and then the 1st round in Vegas, I'm not so sure ... I'd guess we'd be in the low to mid 30s NET. NC State and Clemson were both sub 35 last year and didn't make it ... and this year is more wide open, more reason to consider teams in the 40s and 50s. And losing 5 straight before Selection Sunday? Committes ain't gonna give us any favors ...

We HAVE to win one.

If we lose to Utah and then the 1st round in Vegas, I'm not so sure ... I'd guess we'd be in the low to mid 30s NET. NC State and Clemson were both sub 35 last year and didn't make it ... and this year is more wide open, more reason to consider teams in the 40s and 50s. And losing 5 straight before Selection Sunday? Committes ain't gonna give us any favors ...

We HAVE to win one.

This is a really good week to not have a second game. The vast majority of the bracketologists out there think we're anywhere from low 5 (Lunardi still has us here) to 6. I think we're still in okay shape to get in, but a tourney exit at the hands of somebody coming out of a one bid league is a fear of mine now.

Last edited:
We swap places in net with Texas Tech this morning. Texas Tech's close loss to Baylor on the road moves them up to 22. Our buffs slide down one spot to 23.

Pac-12

Somehow, the Pac-12 section is growing. Blame UCLA for being fun. Blame Arizona for being, um, Arizona.

Meanwhile, is anyone else worried about Colorado? The Buffaloes’ loss at Stanford on Sunday was their third in a row, following a home defeat to UCLA and a loss at California. Colorado isn’t not at risk of missing the tournament, or anything quite so dramatic. But the Buffs are at risk of heading into the postseason playing their worst basketball of the season.

Emphasis is mine.

Isn't not at risk? That person gets paid to write? Or is that a copying error?
Still don't understand how we're not at risk ... two more losses to Q2/3 teams (Utah and whoever in the Vegas opener) and we're almost guaranteed mid 30s NET at best. Two sub 35 NET teams didn't make it last year.

Anyone thinking we're guaranteed has their head in the sand. We have to win one of those games, then we're in.

Back