What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Never Forget

0cd006fd-e3dd-b059.jpg

wasn't it about 5 years ago that a bailer baller killed a teammate? Vague memory, but i know there was a murder and a BB player involed

It is amazing to me that Baylor survived all that with little to no attention giving to their AD.

It is amazing to me that Baylor survived all that with little to no attention giving to their AD.

It's not amazing, Baylor's pretty close to irrelevant. RGIII won the Heisman, but Baylor still hasn't won a Big XII championship in football or basketball, or even played in the the CCG in football. Scandal at Baylor is the equivalent of a tree falling in an unpopulated forest.

To date, I have yet to hear any Baylor fan find fault with the letter their Regent Buddy Jones sent to the members of the Texas legislature.

There is a "salute the flag" mentality that blindly supports the tactic of building up Baylor by knocking down peer institutions.

There is also near universal agreement throughout the state of Texas and Baylorfan that CU's departure doesn't diminish the Big 12.

The conclusion is simple. Baylor never had CU's back when we were in the conference. The core value of Baylor is to put their own interests first, and Texas allegiances second. A distant third is the B12 league affiliation in so much as it serves to legitimize their basketball seed. Other than that, the other peer schools in the Big 12 are irrelevent. Those Sic Em Bears aren't good partners. Never have been. Never will be.

To date, I have yet to hear any Baylor fan find fault with the letter their Regent Buddy Jones sent to the members of the Texas legislature.

There is a "salute the flag" mentality that blindly supports the tactic of building up Baylor by knocking down peer institutions.

There is also near universal agreement throughout the state of Texas and Baylorfan that CU's departure doesn't diminish the Big 12.

The conclusion is simple. Baylor never had CU's back when we were in the conference. The core value of Baylor is to put their own interests first, and Texas allegiances second. A distant third is the B12 league affiliation in so much as it serves to legitimize their basketball seed. Other than that, the other peer schools in the Big 12 are irrelevent. Those Sic Em Bears aren't good partners. Never have been. Never will be.

I really do feel sorry for the teams in the Big XII that are not in Texas. And that is including the Oklahoma schools because I guarantee you that the Texas schools would stab the Oklahoma schools in the back in a heartbeat if it came down to it! Texas is for Texas and NO ONE ELSE!

I really do feel sorry for the teams in the Big XII that are not in Texas. And that is including the Oklahoma schools because I guarantee you that the Texas schools would stab the Oklahoma schools in the back in a heartbeat if it came down to it! Texas is for Texas and NO ONE ELSE!

No sorry feelings at all.

****'em....

Do y'all know who Buddy Jones is?

Do you know what HillCo Partners does?

Can you GOOGLE "Most Powerful Lobbyist in Texas" and "Bigge$t PAC in Texas"?

You may have laughed, but the Texas Legislators never laugh when Buddy calls or writes. Not if they want to get re-elected.

Boulder is a nifty town but it is very helpful when your BOR Chair is The Man in Austin and your Prez has argued 36 cases before the US Supremes.

Scoreboard- those two did EXACTLY what they set out to do- slow down all the re-alignment in CFB until Baylor High found a seat. Buddy sent one letter and Kenny made one phone call. Mission Accomplished.

Great for CU to join the PAC 12- probably a better fit.

Just understand who you're ridiculing. Appreciate those who can wield Power effectively, even if they are not your own.

Our FB program blows. Our lawyers do not.

You may have laughed, but the Texas Legislators never laugh when Buddy calls or writes. Not if they want to get re-elected.

Boulder is a nifty town but it is very helpful when your BOR Chair is The Man in Austin and your Prez has argued 36 cases before the US Supremes.

Scoreboard- those two did EXACTLY what they set out to do- slow down all the re-alignment in CFB until Baylor High found a seat. Buddy sent one letter and Kenny made one phone call. Mission Accomplished.

Just understand who you're ridiculing. Appreciate those who can wield Power effectively, even if they are not your own.

We do, a slandering taint sniffer and a cum stain prosecutor.

Well, gotta get some sleep to watch our chix play tomorrow and book tickets to ATL.

Would not surprise me if we lose to Lehigh or beat KY and win the whole thing. We have played about 3-4 games all yr above 70%.

Y'all gave us a run for sure. You just can't beat 9 treys. Mizzou shot 14-24 of 3's, over our big guys and I just tipped my hat.

Well, gotta get some sleep to watch our chix play tomorrow and book tickets to ATL.

Would not surprise me if we lose to Lehigh or beat KY and win the whole thing. We have played about 3-4 games all yr above 70%.

Y'all gave us a run for sure. You just can't beat 9 treys.
Mizzou shot 14-24 of 3's, over our big guys and I just tipped my hat.

Bolded = Only thing a baylor fanhas said today that I agree with.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. Around we're we'd all just assumed that he was some guy behind the scenes of dirty Texas politics.

The cultural gap (well...so to speak, anyway) between our schools is apparent when you seem to believe that this man deserves some respect for spreading falsehoods about another institution. Wielding power effectively? Well, when ethics aren't called into a question, perhaps you do have a point, but from where I sit, he's just a liar.

We're well aware that Baylor got what they wanted in this deal. Now I can't wait for Baylor to get what it deserves.

Like I said before the game. Win or lose, **** Baylor. And **** that filthy lying Baptist-lovin' Buddy Jones. If/when Christ comes around, I suspect Buddy will quickly land in the pile designated "chaff" with the word "hypocrite" branded on his big ol' ass for the world to see.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. Around we're we'd all just assumed that he was some guy behind the scenes of dirty Texas politics.

The cultural gap (well...so to speak, anyway) between our schools is apparent when you seem to believe that this man deserves some respect for spreading falsehoods about another institution. Wielding power effectively? Well, when ethics aren't called into a question, perhaps you do have a point, but from where I sit, he's just a liar.

We're well aware that Baylor got what they wanted in this deal. Now I can't wait for Baylor to get what it deserves.

Like I said before the game. Win or lose, **** Baylor. And **** that filthy lying Baptist-lovin' Buddy Jones. If/when Christ comes around, I suspect Buddy will quickly land in the pile designated "chaff" with the word "hypocrite" branded on his big ol' ass for the world to see.
Pretty much what I said.

Eh? Pac 12 Rejects, clap clap, clapclapclap.

Baylor sucks. Enjoy the momentary success. I'm going to laugh every time I look at Texas and OU making $39 million or whatever and then all the groupies making half that in the "new" big 12 arrangement. What a joke. Still sucking LongShenks **** after all these years.

Baylor does crank out attorneys and judges, some of whom are power brokers in Texas politics.
When a hammer is the only tool in your tool box, everything looks like a nail.

Baylor law graduates have done an admirable job filling Texas law firms, getting elected to city, county and state positions, and being appointed to the courts. (Not many Nobel prizes or astronauts come out of Baylor)

Regent Buddy Jones made the political choice to build up Baylor by targeting and running down the University of Colorado. It's fairly unprecedented for the regent of one university to take aim at another. Buddy's letter was a mistake.

Certainly the Texas tax payers and voters deserve better than to have their elected officials frittering away their time and energy on conference realignment.

Certainly Buddy Jones could have made a case where Baylor stands on it's own merits, without resorting to negative campaigning against out of state a peer institutions that are not represented within the Texas state house.

Certainly Buddy Jones was aware that TCU, SMU, Rice, Houston and UTEP are also Texas Universities who are also impacted by conference realignment. Why should Baylor get preferential treatment over any of those schools at the Texas statehouse?

Buddy Jones is just another political animal who subscribes to an ethical structure where the ends justify the means.
As a Regent at Baylor, Buddy Jones is a role model for all Baylor students and alumni. As witnessed in this little dialog brought about by this basketball matchup, it appears you and many Baylor fans support your school's leadership, applaud their tactics, and some may be following in their footsteps.

If you want to count PAC dollars and hearings before the supremes as a measurement of value, then it is you who choose to bow before Ceasar.

Not I.

Colossians 1:18

When the Law is on your side, pound on the Law.

When the Facts are on your side, pound on the Facts.

When the Law and the Facts are not on your side, pound on the Table.

It's Big Boy stuff for all schools right now to survive and everybody is doing what they can.

We have tough, smart, well connected leaders who saved our bacon. We are playing the cards dealt us- very well, actually. Previous admins would had us playing in Conf USA. No apologies.

And, yes, I am enjoying our momentary success after 167 yrs of suck age. Blind squirrel. Good coaches. Excellent behind the scenes AD. Lots of luck finally coming our way.

Well, at least we know where you're coming from. And as long as you can justify the lies to yourself, and Buddy can find a way to sleep at night, than who am I to judge?

It's Big Boy stuff for all schools right now to survive and everybody is doing what they can.

We have tough, smart, well connected leaders who saved our bacon. We are playing the cards dealt us- very well, actually. Previous admins would had us playing in Conf USA. No apologies.

And, yes, I am enjoying our momentary success after 167 yrs of suck age. Blind squirrel. Good coaches. Excellent behind the scenes AD. Lots of luck finally coming our way.

I personally would rather see Baylor grads crank out more factory owners, inventors and business owners who can build weath and create jobs that help make America competitive on the world economy.

But I suppose a few more lawmakers and regulators with Baylor diplomas pulling the strings in Austin doesn't really impact the majority of Buffs fans most of the time.

So long as Baylor has Kenneth Starr and Buddy Jones playing your University's cards, you will find few friends in these quarters.

Enjoy Baylor's success while the sun is shining. That wheel of fortune has a funny way of turning.

How'd that feel being put on the brink like that? Sadly in the end, it wasn't anything that Baylor did. UTerus saved your bacon, not any of your "connected" officials. The Longhorns are afraid of the SEC. They have no connection to the Big 10. The Pac is where it was at for them but they understood that the group in charge would not let them have their run of the place. And DEFINITELY they nor the state of Texas would not get Baylor in.

For that reason, i'm glad the Big 12 minus 3, + 2 = slanted math made it all work in the end. UT is bad for business and i'm happy that they'll spend the next ___ years stabbing the 9 little stooges in the rear when it comes to conference payouts. As one could expect, Baylor is more than happy with the scraps at the table, just to know they will actually be able to sit there. For now.

How'd that feel being put on the brink like that? Sadly in the end, it wasn't anything that Baylor did. UTerus saved your bacon, not any of your "connected" officials. The Longhorns are afraid of the SEC. They have no connection to the Big 10. The Pac is where it was at for them but they understood that the group in charge would not let them have their run of the place. And DEFINITELY they nor the state of Texas would not get Baylor in.

For that reason, i'm glad the Big 12 minus 3, + 2 = slanted math made it all work in the end. UT is bad for business and i'm happy that they'll spend the next ___ years stabbing the 9 little stooges in the rear when it comes to conference payouts. As one could expect, Baylor is more than happy with the scraps at the table, just to know they will actually be able to sit there. For now.

Mods.

Can we change "Heslip for 3's" name to "Scraps"?

thanks in advance...

You can spin the conference realignment events any way that floats your boat. However, the bottom-line truth is that the ONLY reason that Baylor is still in the Big 12-ish (and, in fact, the only reason the Big 12-ish is still intact at all) is Texas greed and arrogance. If UT had not dug in its heels and insisted on keeping the rights to the ShortRib Network (motto: Not Available Anywhere), Baylor would be out in the cold today. As it turned out, we are all in a better place and happy. However, your misguided credit to your "leadership" is, well, misguided. They huffed and puffed, but really had no effect on or control of the events. The man who should have a statue erected outside of your new Tidy Bowl stadium is DeLoss Dodds. Baylor is All Hat, No Cattle. All of the cattle reside in Austin.

Back