What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New and Proper Home for Norgard

Regarding Clay, the key is going to be for him to get himself up to the 255 range by Fall. If he can do that, he can help the defense. In high school, he had great hands and played with great leverage on the inside. I never really understood the fullback experiment.

This helps our class balance a lot at DT, too. Can't have 2 classes empty. Even if Clay is always a role player instead of ever developing into and every-down DT, that's a role where he can help the Buffs win football games.

Regarding Clay, the key is going to be for him to get himself up to the 255 range by Fall. If he can do that, he can help the defense. In high school, he had great hands and played with great leverage on the inside. I never really understood the fullback experiment.

This helps our class balance a lot at DT, too. Can't have 2 classes empty. Even if Clay is always a role player instead of ever developing into and every-down DT, that's a role where he can help the Buffs win football games.

Was 255 a typo? That seems very light for s DT.

Was 255 a typo? That seems very light for s DT.

No. He slimmed down to try to play LB and he needs to bulk up. HCMM said that there would be certain games against spread teams where he could do well but other games against teams that pound it and double-team the DTs where he won't see the field. I don't think he'll ever be above the 260s while he's here. He'll be a situational guy. Hopefully another Cunningham once he settles in.

No. He slimmed down to try to play LB and he needs to bulk up. HCMM said that there would be certain games against spread teams where he could do well but other games against teams that pound it and double-team the DTs where he won't see the field. I don't think he'll ever be above the 260s while he's here. He'll be a situational guy. Hopefully another Cunningham once he settles in.

Good analogy.

Back