What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Appreciation for the Champions Center

BuffDad2020

Last week I toured Florida State with my daughter (who is interested in a Comm Program they have) and my niece who is a Sr. at FSU this fall. My Niece was part of Seminole Productions last year helping produce the football games in conjunction with whatever network was putting on that game. The production facilities share a hall with the football team so Sami took us in. We saw their main team room, the players lounge, the coaches offices, indoor practice facility, practice fields, etc.

Looking at FSU's broader investment in athletics - beautiful baseball park, dedicated soccer stadium with permanent seating, dedicated tennis stadium with permanent seating, separate building for Volleyball, these guys have spent bank on their facilities.

But the Champions Center is superior. Being newer certainly helps, but Rick George took the best from across the country, and put every item into the facility. The flow from locker room, to team lounge, to dining services to a 14,000 square foot weight room that flows directly into the IPF.

In some respects, it's like "are you kidding me?!?"

Bottom line is that Rick George is CU's Houdini who pulled off the impossible (Mike Bohn, Dick Tharp - really???) and created something that negates any "lacking in facilities question" for the next few decades or more.

Bill McCartney tells us every organization rises and falls on it's leadership. The CU AD fulfills Mac's observation to a "T".

Go Buffs!

Thank you for your post. I am very excited to be getting a tour this fall.

Let's get a beer when you are in town.
It is looking like I am coming in Thursday - Sunday for either the Texas State game or Washington. If those 2 dates are unworkable for flights, then I am coming for USC. I am bringing the family! I can easily get away for a period of time.

It is looking like I am coming in Thursday - Sunday for either the Texas State game or Washington. If those 2 dates are unworkable for flights, then I am coming for USC. I am bringing the family! I can easily get away for a period of time.
That UW game may end up being College Game Day (Assuming CU and UW are both 3-0). So keep an eye out for that one.

That UW game may end up being College Game Day (Assuming CU and UW are both 3-0). So keep an eye out for that one.
I am NOT doing Homecoming or Family Weekend. If I can get 5 flights for a reasonable price, Washington is my first choice!

Or you could bring the family over. I will have a home brew in the tap.

Back