What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Basketball Roster

Yeah, the tournament is such a crapshoot, that predicting a Sweet 16 appearance, can make someone lose sight of the rest of the team's accomplishments.

With that said, Tournament success is what I think really gets player's attention. It's certainly a goal of some players on the team (if not the whole team)

Tournament success is definitely what gets you noticed. It's so above and beyond anything the regular season can do it's not even funny. I just think the difference is aiming to go deep once you get there and get a good seed. Starting the season with the expectation that anything less than the Sweet 16 is a disappointment is not the way to go about things when you're not a blue blood of the game.

We're also going to take some losses this year. It's the nature of the schedule. Very good chance our OOC record isn't extremely sexy on the surface, and I just hope that doesn't bring on comparisons to "well [such and such Pac-12 team with 315th ranked OOC] is 12-1".

Tournament success is definitely what gets you noticed. It's so above and beyond anything the regular season can do it's not even funny. I just think the difference is aiming to go deep once you get there and get a good seed. Starting the season with the expectation that anything less than the Sweet 16 is a disappointment is not the way to go about things when you're not a blue blood of the game.

I think having a team that is consistently in the Top 1/3 of the Conference is a good goal. Course, you are going to have years which are down years. Hopefully, also have years where you can finish near the top of the conference as well.

Back