What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Bill to allow multi-year contracts for coaches in CO (NOW A LAW!)

As good as the offense could be this year, I think it will even better in 2018. Assuming they can find a RB of course.
Could be. Will have to replace multiple OL, 4 WRs, and a starting RB. Our OL and WR haul this cycle definitely helps that, but that's a lot of youth expected to step in right away. Regardless, if the offense is everything we think it can be in 2017, I don't see how Lindgren doesn't get a shot somewhere.

I could definitely see Lindgren taking an OC positions at a big time school if things go right but I don't really see him as head coach material.

I could definitely see Lindgren taking an OC positions at a big time school if things go right but I don't really see him as head coach material.

CU is a big time school...

It happens every year though. Good OC's get bumped to HC because some AD thinks that points are all that matter in football. Would not be surprised at all to see Lindgren's name pop up if the offense is really good this year.

CU is a big time school...

It happens every year though. Good OC's get bumped to HC because some AD thinks that points are all that matter in football. Would not be surprised at all to see Lindgren's name pop up if the offense is really good this year.
I'm talking about a situation similar to Leavitt this year where teams with huge checkbooks and athletic budgets come after him. You can say all you want about CU being a big time school but there are plenty of bigger schools out there we can't compete with in that regard. Usually the OCs that get plucked at young and charismatic so they can succeed on the recruiting side which I don't really see with Lindgren and I don't think he would interview particularly well.

You are likely right, so CU needs to make it really really expensive for when that occurs.
On the other hand, we may have the women's lacrosse equivalent of Dabo Sweeney on our hands. She'll make such a mark here that she won't want to leave, even for her alma matter.

If CSU fans are correct in thinking that this is the last lynchpin for them to get a P5 invite, they'll know who to thank:
20170320__21BZSBw~1.jpg

Jerry Johnson?

Could be. Will have to replace multiple OL, 4 WRs, and a starting RB. Our OL and WR haul this cycle definitely helps that, but that's a lot of youth expected to step in right away. Regardless, if the offense is everything we think it can be in 2017, I don't see how Lindgren doesn't get a shot somewhere.

I would think that more experienced QB play trumps the losses we'll see from the offense or at least makes that a wash.

And the defense returns just about everything in 2018.

My expectations are that 2017 is a bowl season that isn't as successful as 2016 but that in 2018 we have a real opportunity to compete for a Pac-12 Championship, especially in consideration of how much QB turnover there will be after this season with the conference programs that are at the top of the recruiting/talent food chain.

I would think that more experienced QB play trumps the losses we'll see from the offense or at least makes that a wash.

My expectations are that 2017 is a bowl season that isn't as successful as 2016 but that in 2018 we have a real opportunity to compete for a Pac-12 Championship, especially in consideration of how much QB turnover there will be after this season with the conference programs that are at the top of the recruiting/talent food chain.

Kind of where I am at. We also have 5 home games in 2018 in addition to an OOC of CSU, @NU, and New Hampshire.

I agree about the 2018 team, but just think that after 9 years as an OC, Lindgren will be in line for the next step in his coaching career. I think the 2017 offense should be in the upper third of the Pac 12, and that should be enough, IMO, especially if he helps make Montez a star.

Looking just at the schedule for 2017, I think there are 5 games that should be wins. CSU, TX State, and UNC in the non-conference to start out the season. Then we have Zona and Cal at home. The games I worry about are UW and USC as being the toughest, luckily both are at home. After that, we have road games that I think we could win in ASU, UCLA, OSU, WSU, and Utah. Just steal a couple games out of those five games, I fully expect us to be around 7-5 or 8-4 next year.

Looking just at the schedule for 2017, I think there are 5 games that should be wins. CSU, TX State, and UNC in the non-conference to start out the season. Then we have Zona and Cal at home. The games I worry about are UW and USC as being the toughest, luckily both are at home. After that, we have road games that I think we could win in ASU, UCLA, OSU, WSU, and Utah. Just steal a couple games out of those five games, I fully expect us to be around 7-5 or 8-4 next year.

The big wildcard on this season is whether Lindsay becomes a legit Heisman candidate like they're starting to promote. If he rushed for 1,500+ yards or something over the 12 games then all bets are off on how good this team's record can be in 2017.

The big wildcard on this season is whether Lindsay becomes a legit Heisman candidate like they're starting to promote. If he rushed for 1,500+ yards or something over the 12 games then all bets are off on how good this team's record can be in 2017.
I completely agree. I do think we will have an offense that is great. I'll always like Sefo and he always represented the team in a great light, but he wasn't the best passer and Montez should be a huge upgrade. Defense is the question mark, luckily we have 3 games to break them in before the Pac 12 starts. Also need ST to take a step in the right direction this year.

I wonder how this will effect the short term and long term assistant coaching situation? The assistant position at CU is, now, much more marketable. Will Mac chose to look for upgrades at the end of the season? Will he offer every current assistant a multiyear contract or only select assistants? This could be interesting to follow.

I think it is unlikely every assistant will get a multi-year contract. I do think you will see some turnover and an effort to upgrade select positions. I also expect the natural pattern of 1-2 coaches leaving for other positions.

it is all about how we play upfront on both sides of the ball.

i like our secondary, even with the losses to the league. lb and end, given our schemes, i think will be ok, but not great. we need mean and tough upfront on defense and we will be ok.

same on offense, we need better play than last year from the o-line. if they step up, then maybe lindsay is going to go to the next level and it will certainly help montez stay upright. with all of sefo's injuries, he just wasn't mobile enough behind a line that couldn't always hold. montez has wheels and i do think we have the wideouts so it could be a really fun year on offense.

and if we can avoid stepping on our own swingin' richards on special teams... that would be a nice change.

Jerry Johnson?

One of the great all time Buffs who has worked in politics for a long time. Was also head of the Denver Buff Club back when we used to have a kick off lunch and festivities in Denver. He also had a big hand in getting the flags up on 36 on games days. Really has been heavily involved in the bball program as well. Proud to know him and not surprised he was a key in getting the multi year contract bill passed.

One of the great all time Buffs who has worked in politics for a long time. Was also head of the Denver Buff Club back when we used to have a kick off lunch and festivities in Denver. He also had a big hand in getting the flags up on 36 on games days. Really has been heavily involved in the bball program as well. Proud to know him and not surprised he was a key in getting the multi year contract bill passed.

Really nice guy.

All this talk about Lindgren and worry about him leaving has me laughing. For the last year or two most here wanted him fired. It was like HCMM last year. I saw people question if he should be fired ore what it would take to get him fired. Now he is the National Coach of the Year.

Typical Allbuffs I guess.

All this talk about Lindgren and worry about him leaving has me laughing. For the last year or two most here wanted him fired. It was like HCMM last year. I saw people question if he should be fired ore what it would take to get him fired. Now he is the National Coach of the Year.

Says the guy with the PC Avatar. To each their own, I guess.

Actually, I do not think "worry" is the right word at all. In fact, there are plenty of posts that question whether the Co-OC arrangement can work much longer (and people are MUCH more concerned about losing Chev).

Not so much concerned about Lindgren leaving as much as I am annoyed that CU has missed out on contract buy outs because of the policy.

Back