What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Bill to allow multi-year contracts for coaches in CO (NOW A LAW!)

Man I'm beginning to really hate the offseason...waiting for something to happen versus knowing that a game is coming up at the end of the week.

Just found this:

"Effective Date
The bill takes effect August 9, 2017, if the General Assembly adjourns on May 10, 2017, as scheduled, and no referendum petition is filed."

Just found this:

"Effective Date
The bill takes effect August 9, 2017, if the General Assembly adjourns on May 10, 2017, as scheduled, and no referendum petition is filed."

I'm not real clear on what a "referendum petition" is but believe it is a petition to require the bill to be voted on. Hopefully that won't happen.

I'm not real clear on what a "referendum petition" is but believe it is a petition to require the bill to be voted on. Hopefully that won't happen.

Under our State Constitution, unless the legislature makes a specific finding that a bill is necessary to protect the health and safety of the state, it cannot take effect right away, and has to wait 90 days from the end of the legislative session so that citizens, if they want to, can collect petitions to put the bill on the ballot instead of taking effect. It is a check on unbridles legislative power. I have never heard of anyone actually doing this, though (as opposed to the normal initiative situation where people just try to get a brand new bill on the ballot, which happens all the time).

Actually, it is suicide. I won't post the reason, but you can probably guess.

Ewen McGreggor was asked on a late night show this week for a distinctly Scottish quote. His response: "If you are going to hang for stealing a sheep, ya might as well f*ck it."

I guess Obi Won has never gone partying in FoCo.

Given how frequently she dies, they should name her Kenny.

Actually Cam is a male sheep.

Not that that reduces the attraction that many in Ft. Collins find to him. Sheep******s gonna do what they do.

Seems like MM should be able to upgrade his coaching staff at a couple spots (at least) next offseason.

Seems like MM should be able to upgrade his coaching staff at a couple spots (at least) next offseason.

At the least, we shouldn't get poached for lateral moves with this in place.

But, yeah, I think it makes a lot of candidates accessible who weren't on the table before when all we could offer was a 1-year deal.

At the least, we shouldn't get poached for lateral moves with this in place.

But, yeah, I think it makes a lot of candidates accessible who weren't on the table before when all we could offer was a 1-year deal.
Hopefully this with a possible 10th coach will sure up the coaching staff under MacIntyre.

I think it would be Nate Taye added as the DB assistant under ShaDon Brown.
Another one to look at is Bobby Hauck as ST coordinator. Already was here in the 90s, led Montana as a great HC from 2003-2009. I think he took the wrong job with UNLV when he jumped to FBS.

Another one to look at is Bobby Hauck as ST coordinator. Already was here in the 90s, led Montana as a great HC from 2003-2009. I think he took the wrong job with UNLV when he jumped to FBS.

We filled that spot with Els, though.

Actually Cam is a male sheep.

Not that that reduces the attraction that many in Ft. Collins find to him. Sheep******s gonna do what they do.

As much as I find CSU fans insufferable (in fact, I once brought an out of state friend to the "Rocky Mountain Showdown"--he went to Towson University in Maryland--and afterwards he said "you know what, those CSU fans are louts, a sentiment to which I wholeheartedly agreed), I guess I am too much of an animal lover to harbor any ill will towards CSU's live mascot. I remember a couple of years ago when the prior CAM was looking pretty old and rickety that I was genuiely concerned for his welfare then they tried to do their mock Ralphie's run with him at the game in Denver. All of those CSU people actually chose to go to CSU (or couldn't get into CU anyway), but the live mascot has no say in it. He is an innocent victim of the louts in Ft. Collins.

Unless there are guys moving on for promotions, which positions do you see potentially having a new coach next season? Maybe QB coach if Lindgren finally gets a HC opp? OL if Adams moves gets an OC job? Mac isn't going to fire anyone, especially Eliot, Els or Brown. I guess JJ could be upgraded from, but do you really see MM moving on from him?

As much as I find CSU fans insufferable (in fact, I once brought an out of state friend to the "Rocky Mountain Showdown"--he went to Towson University in Maryland--and afterwards he said "you know what, those CSU fans are louts, a sentiment to which I wholeheartedly agreed), I guess I am too much of an animal lover to harbor any ill will towards CSU's live mascot. I remember a couple of years ago when the prior CAM was looking pretty old and rickety that I was genuiely concerned for his welfare then they tried to do their mock Ralphie's run with him at the game in Denver. All of those CSU people actually chose to go to CSU (or couldn't get into CU anyway), but the live mascot has no say in it. He is an innocent victim of the louts in Ft. Collins.
Definitely thought South Park hit the head of the nail with their portrayal of Fort Collins last season. I do remember a few years ago when Cam looked very old and even ill. I thought it was ridiculous that they paraded him out there like that. I mean, we've had Ralphie V for how many years now and Ralphie IV is still kicking it with her herd. She's got to be 20 years old or something like that. They also like to parade Cam around campus and let people come from all directions to see him. I know there is a huge difference between Cam and Ralphie, but CU's handlers definitely seem a lot more concerned for Ralphie's well-being than CSU's handlers do of Cam's. One thing the Ralphie handlers do is, you're not supposed to approach her from behind, even when she is caged up. They try to keep her in the best situation as possible.

We filled that spot with Els, though.
True, I just have concerns when you have a position coaches taking over ST's units or even all of the ST's. It is one thing in high school to do that, simply because most high school coaches are volunteers and there isn't the sheer numbers of coaches. It is another thing at the college level when ST's play such a key role in the game. That's why I would still like to have a dedicated ST coordinator.

Unless there are guys moving on for promotions, which positions do you see potentially having a new coach next season? Maybe QB coach if Lindgren finally gets a HC opp? OL if Adams moves gets an OC job? Mac isn't going to fire anyone, especially Eliot, Els or Brown. I guess JJ could be upgraded from, but do you really see MM moving on from him?

Why would MM feel any sort of loyalty to Els and vice versa?

Back