What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Buff Beer

I'm the exact opposite. Wheats, lagers and pilsners are my favorites. I like stouts and darks every now and then. I can appreciate IPAs, but mostly only for a taste or two.

I like wheat as well actually, lots of them. I’m looking through lists of wheats, ales, lagers, pilsners and I’m more confused now than before what makes what, what.

Instead of generalize I’ll just say this. I like beer, pretty much all beer even some of the commercial stuff like Sam Adams, actually Sam has a lot of good beers. The only beers I tend to not enjoy are Coors, Bud, Miller and Keystone they just do nothing for me, they’re tasteless.

Some weeks like this one I have Oskar blues IPA, some weeks I have Fat tire, blue moon or something off the wall like leinenkugels. You can never generalize me as a specific beer drinking type, I drink it all.

Last edited:
It sounds like there's an unveiling at Avery Brewery next Friday. I'm planning to go

New Belgium better than Avery? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I like them both a lot. New Belgium is one of the only good reasons to visit Fort Collins. But their tour is by far and away the best tour in Colorado and I appreciate all the beers they brew for only their tap room, their diversity and La Folie is my favorite beer on the planet. I can’t even choose if I like NB more than Avery they’re both so ****ing good.

A really good local Pilsner is Prost Pils. Prost brews a good kolsch and weissbier as well.

I’ve wanted to visit their Biergarten, have you gone? One thing bad ass about Seattle is they have a lot of places like that I’ve enjoyed while visiting there. I’m sure Denver does too but I’m too lazy to look because I live here.

I’ve wanted to visit their Biergarten, have you gone? One thing bad ass about Seattle is they have a lot of places like that I’ve enjoyed while visiting there. I’m sure Denver does too but I’m too lazy to look because I live here.

I haven’t. It would be nice to be within walking distance of breweries/bars again.

So the guy that started Prost was the head brewer at Dry Dock and put them on the map with a ton of hardware from GABF, World Beer Cup, etc. So the guy is a really good brewer. Well he left Prost and started Bierstadt Laugerhaus, where he makes a world class Pilsner. I'm not a Pilsner fan by any means but this particular beer is highly acclaimed by other brewers and should be on your short list of beers to try in Denver.

So the guy that started Prost was the head brewer at Dry Dock and put them on the map with a ton of hardware from GABF, World Beer Cup, etc. So the guy is a really good brewer. Well he left Prost and started Bierstadt Laugerhaus, where he makes a world class Pilsner. I'm not a Pilsner fan by any means but this particular beer is highly acclaimed by other brewers and should be on your short list of beers to try in Denver.
Ill have to give that a try.

They’re not local, but Victory Brewing makes a fantastic pilsner, Prima Pils. They make a mean Belgian Tripel, Golden monkey, as well.

I'm psyched to see a partnership with Avery and love the idea of an Avery beer garden in a remodeled Balch. I hope the Stampede beer is interesting and not just a generic lager for the masses. As others have said: lagers are on the rise and they are getting more interesting. Here's a link to 20 non-Bud lager options:

Kudos to whomever mentioned Prima Pils. Others worth checking out: Native Pils, Firestone Pivo Pils, and the Pilsgnar from Melvin is just flat out delicious.

I'm psyched to see a partnership with Avery and love the idea of an Avery beer garden in a remodeled Balch. I hope the Stampede beer is interesting and not just a generic lager for the masses. As others have said: lagers are on the rise and they are getting more interesting. Here's a link to 20 non-Bud lager options:

Kudos to whomever mentioned Prima Pils. Others worth checking out: Native Pils, Firestone Pivo Pils, and the Pilsgnar from Melvin is just flat out delicious.

Firestone? Is that in the city of firestone?

I like them both a lot. New Belgium is one of the only good reasons to visit Fort Collins. But their tour is by far and away the best tour in Colorado and I appreciate all the beers they brew for only their tap room, their diversity and La Folie is my favorite beer on the planet. I can’t even choose if I like NB more than Avery they’re both so ****ing good.
One is beer. The other is dumpster juice.

Had to say this before I forgot, we’re out drinking craft beers downtown. 4 noses has an apricot milkshake IPA and I won’t lie, this **** is damn good.

Okay, sorry this has become my official talk about beer thread.

I'm working on not buying their beers in protest. They stopped making a GOAT beer a few years ago (Double Jack) to "highlight" their other beers.

Now that I see one of those other beers is a lager, I will continue my protest.

I’ve been there. I’m sure they notice your protest lol. Keep strong.

I feel like I need to point out that beer is either ale or lager. Wheats, pilsners, porters, etc will all fall into one of those two categories. When I see somebody say they like ales, lagers, wheats and pilsners, my head explodes just a little.

Carry on.

I feel like I need to point out that beer is either ale or lager. Wheats, pilsners, porters, etc will all fall into one of those two categories. When I see somebody say they like ales, lagers, wheats and pilsners, my head explodes just a little.

Carry on.

why did you feel the need to point this out?

Did someone actually say that in this thread?
I like wheat as well actually, lots of them. I’m looking through lists of wheats, ales, lagers, pilsners and I’m more confused now than before what makes what, what.

This.

And this.
I'm the exact opposite. Wheats, lagers and pilsners are my favorites. I like stouts and darks every now and then. I can appreciate IPAs, but mostly only for a taste or two.

Back