What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New coach...

Buff fanatic

First, everyone knows I think Hawk & Co. will get this thing turned around THIS year. If they dont, I do recognize he needs to hit the road. If by some miracle :smile2: we dont win 8 games this year, heres my leading coach in the club house. I havent seen his name mentioned yet. Lots of coordinator experience, doing good as a coach, hell of a recruiter, and according to their play by play man yesterday, would probably leave for a better offer. A little frustrated with attendance/conference issues at Houston.

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sumlin_kevin00.html

I hope CU isn't in the market for a new coach, but if they do, they would do well to consider Sumlin, and dare I say it, McCarney. If you can go .500 at ISU, you have to be doing something right.

This guy does seem like to have some coaching talent. I still several others though. I believe we need someone who can jump in ASAP, therefore someone who is currently out of a job or has the ability to leave right away. That would suck for the losing school, but Bohnhead should look at that factor.

Sumlin is basically living off what Art Briles installed at UH...much like Dan Hawkins living off what Houston Nutt and Dirk Kotemier did at BSU before Hawkins was named coach.

We really need a coach who knows how to build programs not simply continue the success of the previous regime.

All a matter of talent. Dude just got there and he's recruiting like a mad man. When he was running the offense at OU, they damn sure never lost to CSU.

Briles was doing pretty well before Sumlin took over though right? The BCS experience helps, but I'm weary of another non-BCS head coach that is just continuing what the previous guy started.

Quite honestly, it'll be hard for us to land a big name coach. We're no longer a power house football program and we can't offer a good enough budget to a top tier coach to bring in quality assistants. If Hawk can't prove himself this year and turn it around and is dropped at the end of the season. It's going to be a long next 3-4 years for Buffs football.

Back