What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New DC Poll-Top 4 candidates

Rank order the top 4 candidates.

• D Gibbs

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • C Pendergast

Votes: 71 64.0%
  • DJ Durkin

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • G Gibbs

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
If harbaugh looks elsewhere, I think Durkin is a definite possibility. I am starting to get real anxious, hope it's settled soon.

From phone
You still want Durkin after watching the SEC play a couple of real defenses this bowl season? (half troll, half serious) I'm concerned. Plus, does his defensive scheming really match well with the O's in the PAC?

You still want Durkin after watching the SEC play a couple of real defenses this bowl season? (half troll, half serious) I'm concerned. Plus, does his defensive scheming really match well with the O's in the PAC?

Durkin would be a fantastic hire. Physical defense wins in any conference.

Well, if RG is going to up the payroll that much, he's got a lot of selling to do. He'd also probably have to give Lindgren a nice raise. Right now our staff budget is middle of the Pac 12. If we are going to pay our coordinators, say, $750k, we'll have to move to, like, top 4. Also, Mac's salary is relatively low.

Really don't know. Has been interesting reading Florida fans take on him. We are always talking recruiting, and has been known as one of the best. Talent differential bw CU and Florida obviously significant. Was it all muschamp? Does he being superior and innovative schemes?

Hell, Michigan insiders still insist he's their DC, but am finding it interesting it hasn't been announced.

If CU can land the top 3, I am good all around. Hell, I can even talk myself I to Gary Gibbs. If it ends up being someone outside those four, something went wrong. Or maybe someone like Orlando just really killed it in am interview? Don't know if he has interviewed or if there is interest, just an example.

From phone

Mac's salary is just fine. I agree on some of the assistants, I'd we're going to pay top dollar for a DC there would be an assistant or two in line for raises.

This will be a great start to 2015. I'm so glad that tomorrow and Saturday should be the end of the houston and florida season, right? After that we should definitely know by early next week.

Facilities will be done in early 2016. And now perhaps a top defensive coordinator? Lots to look forward to in 2015.

Mac's salary is just fine. I agree on some of the assistants, I'd we're going to pay top dollar for a DC there would be an assistant or two in line for raises.

My money is on D Gibbs being announced as DC shortly after UH game on 1/2. Probably a done deal.
Of course the same could be said about Durkin, who is intern HC too with a game on 1/3.

Where are you hearing that we are planning on paying anywhere in that neighborhood?

Nik posted something about it. Doesn't mean we are going to pay that amount and I assume that pay was for Durkin

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, if RG is going to up the payroll that much, he's got a lot of selling to do. He'd also probably have to give Lindgren a nice raise. Right now our staff budget is middle of the Pac 12. If we are going to pay our coordinators, say, $750k, we'll have to move to, like, top 4. Also, Mac's salary is relatively low.

You are kidding me....these guys all got big raises to come here. Mac's salary is just fine... no one is knocking at the door to get him away.

Really don't know. Has been interesting reading Florida fans take on him. We are always talking recruiting, and has been known as one of the best. Talent differential bw CU and Florida obviously significant. Was it all muschamp? Does he being superior and innovative schemes?

Hell, Michigan insiders still insist he's their DC, but am finding it interesting it hasn't been announced.

If CU can land the top 3, I am good all around. Hell, I can even talk myself I to Gary Gibbs. If it ends up being someone outside those four, something went wrong. Or maybe someone like Orlando just really killed it in am interview? Don't know if he has interviewed or if there is interest, just an example.

From phone
Durkin still has a game to coach with Florida. The may be waiting until afterward to announce Durkin as DC to Michigan.

You are kidding me....these guys all got big raises to come here. Mac's salary is just fine... no one is knocking at the door to get him away.

Don't think DB was talking about increasing MacIntyre's salary...

He mentioned it as being relatively low, so there must be a reason. Either way, I do not understand any concerns about one coordinator making a lot more money.

He mentioned it as being relatively low, so there must be a reason. Either way, I do not understand any concerns about one coordinator making a lot more money.

Lindgren doesn't deserve a raise?

Lindgren and Walters (maybe Adams) should get raises if necessary to keep up with the new staff

Lindgren doesn't deserve a raise?

Sure, but it is not vital at this juncture. Again, DBT thinks paying a DC big money is going to create friction or something else in the staff and I feel those fears are misplaced.

Lindgren is probably deserving of a raise but I wouldn't give him one unless someone is trying to hire him away.

Walters isn't irreplaceable. No need for a raise

Before we go to wild on raises for current coaches let's remind ourselves that they have go a collective 6-18 (1-17 in the PAC12) since arriving here. I know our offense stats were decent this year (not elite), but Lindgren shouldn't expect a raise having just gone winless in conference play. Here is what I would want to see if I were RG before giving out big raises:

1) Fans in the seats. Attendance is plummeting. Can the team generate excitement to increase ticket revenue? (Revenue should be a fairly important topic when discussion raises)

2) Booster investment. Will our biggest donors be bullish on our product and want to increase donations?

That is the list. In order to achieve those things the coaches will need to produce results (wins). Frankly, stats aren't critical in raise considerations IMO. The coaching staff needs to create optimism, vision, and generate excitement by putting together a good squad. I think we are moving in the right direction, but raises are premature if you ask me.

Last edited:
None of our current coaches have earned a raise. Not even Lindgren. Did he have a decent season as a playcaller? Yes. That being said, he's also responsible for the Quarterbacks, and Sefo regressed in a big way. Lindgren's gotta take some of the blame for that.

Salary concerns me with these DCs. We're probably still on DJ Durkin's radar because we're prepared to pay him a million a year. Thats fine. The guy is a very good recruiter, and I think just hiring him would get us a ton of positive publicity. I'd flip if we gave David Gibbs that kind of money. Its not gonna take that to get him here-that can be done for 6-700k a year.

Before we go to wild on raises for current coaches let's remind ourselves that they have go a collective 6-18 (2-16 in the PAC12) since arriving here. I know our offense stats were decent this year (not elite), but Lindgren shouldn't expect a raise having just gone winless in conference play. Here is what I would want to see if I were RG before giving out big raises:

1) Fans in the seats. Attendance is plummeting. Can the team generate excitement to increase ticket revenue? (Revenue should be a fairly important topic when discussion raises)

2) Booster investment. Will our biggest donors be bullish on our product and want to increase donations?

That is the list. In order to achieve those things the coaches will need to produce results (wins). Frankly, stats aren't critical in raise considerations IMO. The coaching staff needs to create optimism, vision, and generate excitement by putting together a good squad. I think we are moving in the right direction, but raises are premature if you ask me.

This staff has 1 win in Pac 12 play......just to make your case an even easier sell.

No. He isn't getting a raise until he starts winning. But he's just north of $2 million, which is on the lower end for P5 head coaches. He sacrificed some salary in order to pay his assistants well. What I'm saying is that if we pay a DC, let's say $750K, then we'd better be ready to up the OC's salary. My bigger point is that, after selling the new facilities and getting a big financial commitment for that, now he's going to have to go to donors and the regents and sell a higher salary structure. That won't be easy and could account for the time this is taking.

No. He isn't getting a raise until he starts winning. But he's just north of $2 million, which is on the lower end for P5 head coaches. He sacrificed some salary in order to pay his assistants well. What I'm saying is that if we pay a DC, let's say $750K, then we'd better be ready to up the OC's salary. My bigger point is that, after selling the new facilities and getting a big financial commitment for that, now he's going to have to go to donors and the regents and sell a higher salary structure. That won't be easy and could account for the time this is taking.
Dude, come on. Just because one person gets a raise on the staff doesn't mean you have to pay the others more. Do you get a raise when someone else in your office does? Why do people also think the regents are anti-football? They approved the facilities BEFORE the 1/3rd was raised, and there was a big difference in the target and current money raised at the time. The regents are paying RG a lot, I'm sure they will have a lot of issues with paying a coach what his value is :rolling_eyes: Of course RG is going to have to sell, that's a big part of his job, but I do not see the regents or donors having an issue with paying someone when the goal is championships, this isn't a Mike Bohn run football AD.

Back