What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Depth Chart Out

McCulloch is the co-starter with Clemons? Wow. Darden must be tripping on his crank, because I would expect he'd be in a position to contribute. He's basically 9th out of 9 receivers on the depth chart.

Darden has all the size and ability in the world. He will just never amount because he doesn't put in the work. Lazy comes to mind. Wasted Scolli IMO.

Even a few of the guys who aren't starters can play - Cunningham comes to mind.

True. Would be nice to see Bonsu step up as well.

Asiata #2 at LG is nice to see as well. I'm guessing he plays a fair amount this season and steps into the starting job next season. I know we lose Miller after this season, but the OL coming back for 2012 looks pretty decent, although depth is shaky (some work to do in the 2012 class).

True. Would be nice to see Bonsu step up as well.

Asiata #2 at LG is nice to see as well. I'm guessing he plays a fair amount this season and steps into the starting job next season. I know we lose Miller after this season, but the OL coming back for 2012 looks pretty decent, although depth is shaky (some work to do in the 2012 class).

Need Bonsu to step up. Played well before he got injured.

One other thing I notice after another look: I think we end up taking four WRs in this class. Darden and Canty are buried, so we are going to see some true freshmen get a chance to play again next year as well. We also graduate a fair amount of the two deep (four of the top nine).

"Jack" is a new name for DE hybrid position Brown helped invent. We are still in a 4-3.

4 WRs next year for sure.

Darden worked hard so previous post is unfair. He is just not the whole package.

Like to see Kasa on offense. Nate Solder like.
Tight End?

That is why CU should surprise people in the Pac-12 but 2012...not looking forward to that season.

I've been saying this a lot also. God help us in 2012. Our depth chart compels its own rebuilding strategy, and may explain a lot: if I'm Embree and I look at our current 2 deep, that makes it all the more urgent to WIN NOW. He can read as well as the rest of us, and all the negative national media about CU as a bottom feeder in the PAC 12 has to hurt, and in the case of recruiting, has a real impact.

We need to absolutely maximize the "Ws" in 2011, to get some momentum and BUZZ around the program. It may be the toughest schedule in the country, but that's just too bad. If Embree can find a way to 6 or 7 wins, all the talk will be about the big turnaround at Colorado. If not....

WIN NOW, or face worse prospects in 2012 and an even steeper hill to climb on recruiting. Playing Speedy and PRich on special teams may be part of that urgency.

just some thots on the latest depth chart....

- 19 Sophs/Fr/RFr on offense; 6 of those are on the "first" line, presumably the projected starters. Of course, adjust that however you like since the Center is listed as an "And" (between a RFr and a Soph).

- 17 Sophs/Fr/RFr on defense; 3 are first liners, presumably the projected starters.

- With anticipated rotations at DL, WR, & DB, a number of other underclassmen are looking at valuable playing time this season.

- The positions of kicker, punter, and long snapper are all manned by frosh. Great for the future, but there might be some scary moments this year.

- Kasa is an enigma. To his credit, he was dinged up in spring and sought out the S&C coach to get better. The current depth chart may not tell the whole story on Kasa; he's listed as 3rd team for DE, but the other side DE's have mostly those players who are DT's. I think Nick will see the field quite a bit this year, but who knows.

I am with you there, red-shirt him, let him bulk up and move him to tackle, someone else had this idea a while ago...

Yes, someone did have that idea a while ago, and it was Florida...he decommitted from them in order to stay on the D with CU (sorry if I'm not getting some sarcasm with your "...").

Two things disappoint me - Kasa and Pugh. Pugh is nowhere...and unlike Kasa, who I expect to play quite a bit, I don't think we'll see him at all. I hope he works hard to win some PT next season.

I will come on record as apologizing to McCulloch. I was definitely questioning us bringing in an unheralded kid out of New Mexico, and thought he was bound to become a tight end before long. To his credit, he came in ready to work and seems to be earning his keep.

Yes, someone did have that idea a while ago, and it was Florida...he decommitted from them in order to stay on the D with CU (sorry if I'm not getting some sarcasm with your "...").

Two things disappoint me - Kasa and Pugh. Pugh is nowhere...and unlike Kasa, who I expect to play quite a bit, I don't think we'll see him at all. I hope he works hard to win some PT next season.
pugh has been moved to WR, he won't see the field until he can show something, which might take a bit.

I will come on record as apologizing to McCulloch. I was definitely questioning us bringing in an unheralded kid out of New Mexico, and thought he was bound to become a tight end before long. To his credit, he came in ready to work and seems to be earning his keep.

No doubt. I thought he was a major reach.

Spruce seems to be doing all right as well.

:lol:

Same here. I wasn't sold on him either. Glad to be wrong though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this depth chart wasn't meant to be a smokescreen to keep Hawaii guessing as long as possible as far as what kind of systems we are going to run(especially on defense), as we have a completely new staff.

I too am shocked about McCullough showing as an alternate starter currently but I wonder if that just means or Number 2 WR spot is that bad right now. I didn't see a whole lot from Clemons that impressed me last year except some nice biceps. Dude needs to break a few tackles in a game before and play more like T.O. and be physical going to get the ball. I am shocked that Kasa is 3rd on the depth chart but I think he still stands a chance to play alot. I also believe we will be rotating guys in depending on down and situation. Pugh at WR baffles me. I don't see that guy ever seeing the field at this rate.

Embree knew what type of guys would fit his system and that appears pretty obvious as alot of Fr. are going to contribute right away. I think that hurts us in the long run as I would rather RS alot of these guys and let them develop.

Completely agree that we are going to sneak up on people this year and that we need to win now or be in a world of rebuilding pain for at least a couple more years until we get a lineup full of SR's again.

I think P.Rich keeps the PR duties and succeeds this year and I am hoping we let Lockridge and a burner do the KR duties.

this depth chart scares the heck out of me.... it screams "rebuilding year!!" at the top of its lungs.

we'll see. i know the schedule is monstrous, but we really need a bowl game.

GO BUFFS!

I wouldn't be surprised if this depth chart wasn't meant to be a smokescreen to keep Hawaii guessing as long as possible as far as what kind of systems we are going to run(especially on defense), as we have a completely new staff.

Really? You think that?

There will be very few red shirts this year. The schedule and ******ness of the previous classes assures that. Good lord we can't afford any more injuries at CB though. Never have 20 CBs sucked so bad.

Uzo Diribe a 3-4 DE makes no sense to me, unless we are planning on playing alot of nickel this year. Don't have the personell to play 34 defense. Looks more like a hybrid to me, some downs, Hartigan will be standing up and dropping back, on other downs he will be the traditional DE.

Last edited:
Hopefully things are cohesive between Hansen and Munyer. Really don't want to be in for a repeat of a few years ago where snaps were flying all over the place

i liked what i saw outta DD at spring practices punt returning.. wonder why they decided to not put him in there. maybe hes red shirting?

i liked what i saw outta DD at spring practices punt returning.. wonder why they decided to not put him in there. maybe hes red shirting?

I think that's it. I'm not sure he brings anything that B-Lock doesn't so we may as well leave the redshirt option open. I think he'll end up playing, though. He impressed me when I saw him at practices. He's gonna be a good one.

Uzo Diribe a 3-4 DE makes no sense to me, unless we are planning on playing alot of nickel this year. Don't have the personell to play 34 defense. Looks more like a hybrid to me, some downs, Hartigan will be standing up and dropping back, on other downs he will be the traditional DE.

The D has been the same under Brown as before. A lot of us called it a 3-4 all along but I see 4 players always on the LOS. To me it's a hybrid.

Also expect to see 5-6 db's on field vs Hawaii.

Not A lot of redshirting as expected. Embrees first class will be his foundation and he's not interested in peaking in year 5.

You weren't alone in questioning McCulloch. Many couldn't believe that a kid from Albuquerque who could play wouldn't have an offer from the local schools. Well, there's a reason UNM, NMSU, and UTEP went 9-28 last season.

I fear a train-wreck if this is the case. he will surely get confused

Back