What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Facilities article from Ringo

From the outside looking in, it seems Mr. DiStefano is doing a great disservice to the CU community.

The University is in need of new leadership. Benson/DiStephano knowingly crippled the marketing department ...erm the football program by keeping that idiot around.

Bohn has been here for a while, made one good hire and several awful hires and managed to not screw up the Pac12 move.

Time for new voices on all fronts.

It appears that way. Regardless, I think if things do get agreed upon, financed and moving, nothing will start until January-February of 2013 (at a minimum). With perfect weather, demo and construction (such as mentioned here and elsewhere) takes a minimum of 1.5 to 2 years to complete. If the most grandiose timetables and plans are realized, where does CU play its home games in 2013? Or will seating and paths through the stadium remain unchanged during construction?

In the past, they've been pretty good about having the facilities playable even during construction projects. I think worst case is that we play a season or two with reduced seating capacity so that the entire North end can be blocked off for construction.

When the school gets a nice facilities upgrade, DeStiff will surly try and take all of the credit whether he's still here or retired. Then he'll remind us all that we have him to thank for it.

When the school gets a nice facilities upgrade, DeStiff will surly try and take all of the credit whether he's still here or retired. Then he'll remind us all that we have him to thank for it.

All Gore took credit for inventing the Internet, too.

Anyone who is familiar with the program will see through that BS.

Phil is an enemy of the football team as far as I'm concerned. I will never forgive him and Benson for their handling of Hawkins.

Phil is an enemy of the football team as far as I'm concerned. I will never forgive him and Benson for their handling of Hawkins.

Yep.

Also, if Phil says that "his condition" is that no funds from the university be used for this, then why does he get to say anything at all as long as that is the plan?

Yep.

Also, if Phil says that "his condition" is that no funds from the university be used for this, then why does he get to say anything at all as long as that is the plan?

Pretty sure the AD doesn't own the land these improvements would be built on. Also, he's Bohn's boss.

Yep.

I wonder why PS doesn't give MB a bid of confidence. Something along these lines:

"Mike has a hurdle to clear, and that means the stadium project will need to be funded privately. The Colorado taxpaying public cannot and will not be on the hook for improvements to these much needed improvements. It is Mike's responsibility to deliver a plan that addresses the financing plan from different sources. It is my direction that Mike maximizes donations from passionate alumni and fans. Borrowing against future revenue from expected Pac12 network is going to be a part of this deal. It's my intention to be closely involved on the issues of securing loans against university assets or on the subject of raising student fees. We as a university recognize hardships caused by the current lingering downturn in our economy and pressures towards further reductions in state funding that, by the way, now account for low single digit percentages of CU's income. Families and students tell us they are sensative to tuition hikes and the cost of a getting a college degree. The truth is that private donations and grants are needed by the athletic and academic programs alike.

If Mike asks for any proposed increase in student fees, he will know that this type of funding needs to pass a majority vote. He's going to have to sell that to me abd the students.

The reality is that any Athletic capital project can only be possible through the generousity of Buff Nation and through the people who buy tickets and pay fees for television to watch our Buffs play their hearts out.

I want to make it clear to the Regents and the Colorado taxpayer that CU is a school with passionate fans. These fans...this important constituency...expects CU to compete for conference and national championships in every sport that is offered. This has been the case for over 120 years. The Pac 12 is the Conference of Champions and part of my job is to not only answer to the academic programs, but also to be a strong advocate for the alumni and fans who have been an important part of CU's DNA since long before I took my first job on campus 38 years ago. I do not consider my legacy to be complete until CU the makes it back to a national championship.

As chancellor I have had the privilege to visit the stadiums and campuses across the big 12 and many within the Pac12. Let me tell you that competing in the Pac 12 is not easy, and there are some things we should and must do to give the students who wear the Colorado uniform every chance to succeed on the highest level. It is time for CU to update Folsom. It is time for the Rec center to be renovated.

I am confident in the ability of Mike Bohn to do a great job to deliver on a plan that establishes facilities that are, as Mike likes to remind me, "Transformative." I am confident in the passionate supporters of CU athletics that will continue to step up and support our athletes with their donations, ticket purchases and television viewership.

And I am committed to being a responsible steward of the University and the taxpayers by pledging that not even one penny of public funds nor tuition revenue that is the lifeblood of our academic progams will be allocated towards thd Athletic department's facility plans.

For those of you who are wanting to help make donations to an academic department, or to fund a scholarship, or to help Mike realize this transformational plan that we are reviewing for the athletic department, please get to our CU Foundation website or give the foundation a call. Help Mike out and lets make this happen.

Stanford and Cal and USC and UCLA and every other school in the nation doesn't have what we have, and that is the indomitable heart of a Buffalo.

Go Buffs,

[Phil DiStephano is invited to sign his name here]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back