What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Interview with Ryan Miller on Rivals (free content)

Look ,fellas..... Ryan Miller could be Dean Steinkuhler reincarnated and not look great with the center and left side we have right now. O-line is a collective pursuit that requires all of the players to at least be adequate at performing their assignments. There are folks to the left of center who may not be physically capable of that in my opinion. That said, I would expect a great deal of improvement even on the left in the next game. These kids could be world-beaters in a couple of seasons but in an ideal world it would be couple of seasons before they saw the field.

I'll go with the voice of experience on this one...

Fair enough Wyo... but why did Ryan keep ending up in Tyler's lap?

I didn't see that. Pressure was coming from the left and Tyler was trying to escape to the right instead of stepping up. He actually ran into a rush that was contained and creating a pocket. Unfortunately, since the left side was getting collapsed there wasn't much room. Half a pocket isn't a pocket. When I re-watched, it looked to me like Tyler's only option that would have worked in that 4th quarter would have been to step up into the C-RG lane to avoid the rush and have enough time to get the ball off.

I didn't see that. Pressure was coming from the left and Tyler was trying to escape to the right instead of stepping up. He actually ran into a rush that was contained and creating a pocket. Unfortunately, since the left side was getting collapsed there wasn't much room. Half a pocket isn't a pocket. When I re-watched, it looked to me like Tyler's only option that would have worked in that 4th quarter would have been to step up into the C-RG lane to avoid the rush and have enough time to get the ball off.
Fair nuff. I haven't rewatched, but I do have a vivid image of RM sitting down on TH after yet another jail break :lol:. I do know all or almost all of our good runs went right. Am def recording the Cal game so I can break it down a lot better.

From the DC article about the OL this week:
"That much was obvious during a Week 1 loss at Hawaii in which the Buffs surrendered seven sacks and struggled to find any offensive continuity. The problem was exacerbated when sophomore left tackle David Bakhtiari suffered a knee injury in the first half against the Warriors that kept him out of the rest of the game.
"David is our best offensive lineman," offensive line coach Steve Marshall said. "Ryan Dannewitz came in and really did a yeoman's job. ... It's always an issue when your best guy is on the sideline, but it may happen again this week. We've got to get a lot of guys ready to go."

This quote from Marshall really surprised me. Miller with all his size and experience is behind a sophomore? I thought he and Solder were head and shoulders above everyone else on the line last year.

Back