What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Name: Gus Malzahn

Is that a he's on the wishlist or is this he's on the list that wants to be interviewed? If he wants to come, bring his ass on. Look at Chizik; lost like he was at Iowa St.

Again I see that as too much SEC footprint experience. I think Bohn prefers someone with at least some experience in the Pac 12 footprint. I could be wrong though.

Don't we play Arkansas State this season? Brilliant move, hire Malzahn and we'll know all their secrets.

This would be a major coup

You want national name recognition? This is your guy. Are there some concerns? Absolutely. However, we all know this is hardly an exact science.

Very exciting possibility

Very succesfull HS head coach, one of the top offensive minds in football and has had very succesfull stints as an offensive coordinator at three different universities, went 9-3 in his first year at Arkansas State with two of those losses coming on the road against top-15 teams, and he's known as a good recruiter. Not sure why there's not more enthusiasm on here for Malzahn, i'd much rather have him then the other five small-confernce head coaches who's names have been brought up.

I'd love Malzahn, just not getting my hopes up. I don't know if CU is his idea of a good move, seeing as how I'm sure he's thinking he can get an SEC job in a couple more years.

Of all the names, he is one of my top choices. I could get behind him for sure.

Go Buffs!

I'd love Malzahn, just not getting my hopes up. I don't know if CU is his idea of a good move, seeing as how I'm sure he's thinking he can get an SEC job in a couple more years.
He's gotta be getting interviews now in SEC land probably Arkansas. I don't see it with him or Strong.

Relatedly Bohn has always showed an interest in people with experience in our conference footprint.

He's a natural for Arky or even UT if Mack Brown retires!

I will be money he ends up at Auburn. I will take him here in heartbeat though. IMO his style of play works better for the PAC 12 than the SEC. Lets hope he's willing to take a little less money to pay off that notion...

I'd love to have Malzhan in Boulder but the Auburn and Arkansas jobs are open and I'd be surprised if neither school hires him. I think Arky's offer to Les Miles was a way to show Malzhan how much they could offer him plus the salary pool for a coaching staff.

Malzahn is a local legend here in Oklahoma/Arkansas region for what he did in high school and at the University of Tulsa. If he wants it, I'm all about giving him a shot. The thing that helps us here is that his likely suitors (Auburn and Arky) will probably try to make grand slam hires and go for big names. Especially in the case of Arky, which thinks it's still a consistent top 5 power like it was back in the Nixon years and honestly believes a Jon Gruden would go there.

I think Nash is right, we all sort of knew Arky's pitch for Miles was posturing. It was probably mutually beneficial posturing: it helped both Miles & Arky. Miles can leverage it into more $ at LSU, and Arky can say to their favorite candidate: we are definitely willing to put money behind a winner.

Back