What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New NCAA policy on coach recruiting tweets going live

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
So please don't freak out and start playing junior compliance enforcer when we see this starting from CU coaches. :p

A little more on this...

"An athletics department staff member may take actions (e.g., "like," "favorite," republish, "tag," etc.) on social media platforms that indicate approval of content on social media platforms that was generated by users of the platforms other than institutional staff members or representatives of an institution's athletics interests."

A little more on this...

"An athletics department staff member may take actions (e.g., "like," "favorite," republish, "tag," etc.) on social media platforms that indicate approval of content on social media platforms that was generated by users of the platforms other than institutional staff members or representatives of an institution's athletics interests."

Sure glad we have Chev running this stuff here now.

NCAA's new policy for everything seems to be "we're lazy so we're just going to let this happen". I mean what could seem more like blatant rule-breaking than letting millions of fans know and be able to tweet at who they're targeting?

Even seeing alums like Kordell congratulating every recruit who has committed.

NCAA's new policy for everything seems to be "we're lazy so we're just going to let this happen". I mean what could seem more like blatant rule-breaking than letting millions of fans know and be able to tweet at who they're targeting?
I don't blame them, though. I mean, how do you expect them to realistically police every coach and recruit on social media?

Pure-CSS-Twitter-Heart-Animation.gif

Rival fans will gladly do that for the NCAA Or in CU's case, the own fans.

Except that it would be damn easy for me to set up a Twitter account where I impersonate a Nebraska fan in order to get them into trouble. The anonymity of social media makes it impossible to police. Plus, it's simply not fair. A university's compliance department has no ability to police thousands of fans.

Except that it would be damn easy for me to set up a Twitter account where I impersonate a Nebraska fan in order to get them into trouble. The anonymity of social media makes it impossible to police. Plus, it's simply not fair. A university's compliance department has no ability to police thousands of fans.
Exactly. I actually applaud the NCAA for making this move. It is absolutely impossible to police it, and handing out arbitrary recruiting violation punishments for it would be ridiculous.

I don't blame them, though. I mean, how do you expect them to realistically police every coach and recruit on social media?
Coaches never broke this rule. It was too public for them to break. They're not idiots and their compliance offices aren't idiots, no one cheats publically. So even if it can't really be enforced, removing it only opened the floodgates on something that wasn't even being routinely broken.

Back