What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New offers by state, 2020 and beyond

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
Taken from all offers reported in this Forum. Assume the offers reported from Dec 12 2018 and beyond were all new offers, from new staff.

As of this posting:
Old staff had 59 offers, majority evenly split between TX and CA.
New staff has 100 new offers, with much more geographic diversity
upload_2019-2-8_20-7-8.png

New offers: Other= MA, OH(2), PA, MI, MA, AR, TN, DC(2), NJ, AL

Numbers could have a small error, I went by initial post date in this thread, and verified the offer posted date in most of them. I think the accuracy is very close and close enough for trend analysis.

Last edited:
Trends:
CA drops from 30% to 20% of new offers.
TX remains about same, but further distances as #1 (CA drops).
Southeastern states comprise 20% of new offers, up from about 10%.
AZ and WA garnering new attention (5% each of offers from 0)

Also dawns on me (now, too late) that @Buffnik records every new offer in the 2020 Recruit Profile Index & Recruiting News sticky, and it looks like a spreadsheet format, so he probably could easily compile the #'s by state, including for past years. Very sure that will be more accurate than what I did, since not every offer is given a thread (or is it?).

Also dawns on me (now, too late) that @Buffnik records every new offer in the 2020 Recruit Profile Index & Recruiting News sticky, and it looks like a spreadsheet format, so he probably could easily compile the #'s by state, including for past years. Very sure that will be more accurate than what I did, since not every offer is given a thread (or is it?).
There's almost certainly offers that slip through the cracks of the index and some offers are reported but may have just been a kid claiming an offer. It gives a pretty decent idea though.

The tables are just updated/edited on the forums and, as far as I know, not kept in an external spreadsheet.

HXrQ1XT.jpg

Be careful not to draw conclusions that may be erroneous such as "old staff offered more kids in Colorado". All the blue chippers had offers when MT was hired. He's offered a few more and some 2021's as well.

Also note that some schools making over 400 offers in 2019 class. Colorado was at 202.

Be careful not to draw conclusions that may be erroneous such as "old staff offered more kids in Colorado". All the blue chippers had offers when MT was hired. He's offered a few more and some 2021's as well.

Also note that some schools making over 400 offers in 2019 class. Colorado was at 202.

Wow. Stanford is the #21 class with only 74 offers, impressive. They landed 1 in 3 recruits they offered.

There's almost certainly offers that slip through the cracks of the index and some offers are reported but may have just been a kid claiming an offer. It gives a pretty decent idea though.

The tables are just updated/edited on the forums and, as far as I know, not kept in an external spreadsheet.
Yep. That's an individual table created and updated within a post. There is no external spreadsheet. I used to keep them years ago until the message board functionality advanced -- but that goes back to before we were even on XenForo platform with the old AllBuffs.

Reactions: Val
I'm sort of surprised that Syracuse is in the "throw **** at the wall and see what sticks" group of schools; the other schools in that group don't really surprise me at all.

But I think what surprised me the most was how many offers Alabama made. I figured they'd be in the bottom third (say, about where USC is), but no - they're pretty solid in the top third. That Georgia is also in that same neighborhood makes me suspect that is about where HCMT will want us to be for 2020.

Might suggest that Alabama and Georgia have the resources to evaluate more kids than others?

Syracuse has the she geography problem as us.

Yep. That's an individual table created and updated within a post. There is no external spreadsheet. I used to keep them years ago until the message board functionality advanced -- but that goes back to before we were even on XenForo platform with the old AllBuffs.
Crushing it, Nik!

It suggests many kids are reporting "offers" from Alabama and Georgia which are not necessarily commitable offers.

Maybe I’m wrong. But weren’t they offering like tons of kids and then just picking and choosing who to take dependent on who ended up actually signing? Telling kids never mind you don’t have an offer anymore. I thought I remember that happening.

Lot of offers given are prior to a staff digging in, everywhere. Less so at Washington and UCLA, perhaps for different reasons.

Alabama/UGA perhaps using some fog? See no reason for them to throw out tons of offers except to make it harder for the scavengers.

Lot of offers given are prior to a staff digging in, everywhere. Less so at Washington and UCLA, perhaps for different reasons.

Alabama/UGA perhaps using some fog? See no reason for them to throw out tons of offers except to make it harder for the scavengers.
Those places also tend to have a lot of coaching turnover every year, which leads to more offers being given out.

Back