What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New turf at CU?

Not to quarrel with 4thGenBuf too much but his numbers are way off. The venue does not get the bulk of the money for Concerts unless they co promote the event which is a ton of risk now days.

The days of big tours at outdoor venues are dwindling. You usually have to be a megaband like U2 to do a stadium tour. Right now their is only one stadium tour concert scheduled in 2013 for Denver and that is Kenny Chesney. In Metro Denver you have to compete with Sports Authority field and Dick's sporting goods park (can hold over 25,000 for concerts).

Anyway, CU is not losing a lot of money because of not renting Folsom. This is no longer the 60s and the 70s. I bet there was 60,000 people in Folsom for the Gratful Dead which must of been 1972 or 73.

Folsom's biggest asset is that offers you the students of CU, when a big tour comes through that they are interested in it is cha ching cha ching.
I can tell you that in my time there we turned down multiple large shows.

Currently, though I will agree with you: Bon Jovi, Justin Bieber, The WHO, Fleetwood Mac, One Direction. These all are not a strong generational fit. Though maybe the Fleetwood mac the return to Folsom would gather some buzz.

Keep in mind Chuck Morris is CU alum and he genuinely has wanted to bring more shows to the campus.

Not to quarrel with 4thGenBuf too much but his numbers are way off. The venue does not get the bulk of the money for Concerts unless they co promote the event which is a ton of risk now days.

The days of big tours at outdoor venues are dwindling. You usually have to be a megaband like U2 to do a stadium tour. Right now their is only one stadium tour concert scheduled in 2013 for Denver and that is Kenny Chesney. In Metro Denver you have to compete with Sports Authority field and Dick's sporting goods park (can hold over 25,000 for concerts).

Anyway, CU is not losing a lot of money because of not renting Folsom. This is no longer the 60s and the 70s. I bet there was 60,000 people in Folsom for the Gratful Dead which must of been 1972 or 73.

Would someone like widespread panic might prefer one show at a stadium instead of multiple days at red rocks?

Uh...Phish. Wait, they played in Balch FH with Cypress Hill opening back in the day. Didn't need turf for that. Although I still support turf = speed

Back