What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Uniforms Discussion

Kansas State, Stanford, Clemson, UCLA, Wisconsin, etc... all wear traditional uni's with the occasional one-off special one.
Your argument was debunked when Stanford wore black on Friday and UCLA wore navy blue the week before, Clemson has worn purple before, Wisconsin just got "Niked" earlier this season.

I completely disagree with this. There's nothing bland about them. They look great and actually have decent design as opposed to Maryland and those schools are doing.

BTW, I'm 24 years old, not some old guy that can't get over the past.

A blend of classic but updated unis (which we already have), and 1 or 2 games of something special is the perfect balance.

This.

I wonder how people would feel about the 90's uniforms if we didn't win a national title...

It's a minor thing, but I'd be pumped to see some black & gold gloves with the CU or Ralphie logo on the palms, like Nike has done for other schools.

Football is serious enough already, why not have some fun with the uniforms, there's nothin sacred about them. Fashions evolve, no reason uniforms can't also - that's why I don't wear Kris Kross-style backward pants anymore.

And here we go again...

Yep. Yawn.

Its just a matter of time before we get off the fashionistas and move on to future OOC schedules.

Nothing good comes from scheduling from the FCS subdivision. Geaux get LSU on the dance card! :D

Yep. Yawn.

Its just a matter of time before we get off the fashionistas and move on to future OOC schedules.

Nothing good comes from scheduling from the FCS subdivision. Geaux get LSU on the dance card! :D

:lol:

Football is serious enough already, why not have some fun with the uniforms, there's nothin sacred about them. Fashions evolve, no reason uniforms can't also - that's why I don't wear Kris Kross-style backward pants anymore.

But what about the MC Hammer pants you still rock?

Coaches, facilities and uniforms....this train is going to make up for lost time and bring the Buffs rushing into the 21st centrury.

Among my least favorite parts of the Embree era was the step back in time with our uniforms. Can't wait to get back into the 21st century.

I've finally gotten over changing from the leather helmets now I have to put up with this?

[/LIST]

Not sure I like the uniform shenanigans, but I'm on board with Jones as the coach. Go get em, coach!
New unis. Sweet! I lov our history but feel we need to leave the past in the past and forge a new future. Plus if we get rid of the glossy black helmets with the matte unis I'd be grateful.

The Nike guy who talked at the event here before the Oregon game made a pretty big deal about the history between Nike and CU. Made it sound like we were one of the early universities to go with Nike and that they have use CU in the past as a testing ground for new stuff (not just in football).

I am not a huge fan of the Oregon unis but I'm ok with letting Nike do something. We need life in this program.

I wonder how people would feel about the 90's uniforms if we didn't win a national title...

It has nothing to do with that association for me.

I like NDs classic uniforms, and Oklahoma's and Texas' and Alabama's. I just like classic college uniforms. To me they heighten the sense of college tradition, and tradition is a big part of the game for me.

The Nike guy who talked at the event here before the Oregon game made a pretty big deal about the history between Nike and CU. Made it sound like we were one of the early universities to go with Nike and that they have use CU in the past as a testing ground for new stuff (not just in football).

I am not a huge fan of the Oregon unis but I'm ok with letting Nike do something. We need life in this program.

A font of theirs is called "Boulder," and it is the slanted block CU font available at least on Nike track and XC uniforms. (probably more, but that's what I'm familiar with).

Of course I chose that font when ordering for my high school team.

Didn't Nike test those air conditioned pads on CU several years back? And didn't Nike want to build some offices/facilities in Golden?

I'd imagine, had CU been better over the last decade, we'd see a lot more Nike influence on our garb.

Your argument was debunked when Stanford wore black on Friday and UCLA wore navy blue the week before, Clemson has worn purple before, Wisconsin just got "Niked" earlier this season.

My argument this whole time has been that an "alternate" would be a good thing. Like Stanford's black. And UCLA's blue. The fact that they don't wear those every week is my whole point.

I'm all for doing this sort of thing, just hope our mainstay uni is the norm and the special one is the "special" one.

I'm such a relic.
th
:thumbsup:

Among my least favorite parts of the Embree era was the step back in time with our uniforms. Can't wait to get back into the 21st century.

3 ways to see uniforms:

1. What is newer is better (seems to be what you are leaning towards)
2. What is older is better (some people want nothing to do with advancement)
3. What is better is better, regardless of old or new.

I don't have hard evidence but among most of my CU friends that I've talked to about it (~20-25), ALL of us think the current uni's are the best we've had since the early 90's. And we all graduated within the last few years.

Didn't Nike test those air conditioned pads on CU several years back? And didn't Nike want to build some offices/facilities in Golden?

I'd imagine, had CU been better over the last decade, we'd see a lot more Nike influence on our garb.
water cooled

I think I've gotten to the point of resignation with the uniform issue. I don't think they need to be changed one bit. I think they are absolutely perfect the way they are. However, if it means winning games, I really don't care what they're wearing.

I agree. It's not really worth arguing over at this point. Bigger fish to fry.

That's only if it's okay with you Tante. :smile2:

I don't have hard evidence but among most of my CU friends that I've talked to about it (~20-25), ALL of us think the current uni's are the best we've had since the early 90's. And we all graduated within the last few years.
It's also the first time the helmets have matched the pants for your crew of friends - that little change helped tremendously.

Well we were I think the second school to choose Nike for ALL of our sports. I do know that the "throwback uni's" against WYO in 07, were first generation Pro-Combat Jerseys. They were the prototype to the official Pro-Combats. And our new jerseys under Hawk were the most advanced in the nation with Oregon. We really need to take advantage of our relationship with them.

People are so afraid of change. It's a football uniform. Just as long as it looks good and it isn't a hindrance in recruiting. Have some fun with it, they have a great color scheme. No one here dresses in '90's style, the uniforms don't need to be also. And if we were going to keep them the same we wouldn't have changed from silver and light gold. Those were awful.

I am ready for some new uniforms plus we have great colors to start with. It is not like we are trying to make purple look cool.

Back