What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New WR coach

cause i dont think its a good fit i mean we couldnt get aaaanyone better i get the logic behind it i just really dont like it get someone natural to the position thats all?

Maybe somebody who's a little drunker? Possibly a bit of a post whore? Somebody who constantly solicits rep?

I see your angle on this one. Randy Moss?

Is there any particular reason you guys are rubbing your secret decoder rings and not just saying who the new prospective WR coach is?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
He would not have been my first choice, but the fact he did not play the position is not that relevant IMO. If you look at guys who make their living as assistant coaches, they tend to eventually coach just about every position. Either you know how to coach football or you don't. If it ends up being Ambrose, I hope he able to help us in recruiting the South.

i guess and maybe as a former Pro Db he knows every defensive positioning tactic and how to beat it... i just wish we got someone bigger name

He's familiar with the team and players. It's the other side of the ball, but as BB noted, you can either coach or you can't. If he's selected for the job, I'm sure it's for a good reason--he's had a pretty lengthy job interview...

Not an attack or criticism, but who would you consider to be a bigger name?

Not only that, but can we really afford a "big name"?

and you don't exactly see "big names" lining up to be WR coaches.

i meant relatively big name i mean like a jon embree or the guy at miami ohio

i dunno i really dont know coaches but i just dont think ambrose can coach WR's god i hope im wrong but i dont think i am

i meant relatively big name i mean like a jon embree or the guy at miami ohio

i dunno i really dont know coaches but i just dont think ambrose can coach WR's god i hope im wrong but i dont think i am

Because defensive backs don't know a thing about wide receivers? What works? What doesn't?

i dont think he can coach and i dont think he can handle the Wr's... i want to eat crow ill take it with A1 and a side of scalloped potatos

edit i prolly phrased it wrong im indifferent to him as a person prolly a nice guy i just dont think he can coach and dont like the "hire"

Why? Kicked your dog?

When Ambrose established a brief, but sizzling relationship with BCS's Mom, BCS thought he'd finally found the father figure for whom he'd been searching all those years.

But the day after BCS got the nerve to finally call him, "Daddy", Ambrose left forever. BCS always blamed Ambrose publicly, but deep in his heart, he wondered if he, himself, was to blame.

i dont think he can coach and i dont think he can handle the Wr's... i want to eat crow ill take it with A1 and a side of scalloped potatos

edit i prolly phrased it wrong im indifferent to him as a person prolly a nice guy i just dont think he can coach and dont like the "hire"

Again, BCS, based on what evidence?

No idea whether he would be a good WR coach, but I doubt it is a coincidence that the DBs were such a pleasant surprise last season. Between Brown and Ambrose, I think they got some decent pointers.

No idea whether he would be a good WR coach, but I doubt it is a coincidence that the DBs were such a pleasant surprise last season. Between Brown and Ambrose, I think they got some decent pointers.

I don't think Ambrose is allowed to physically coach the players. I'd be for this hire. I think he would have a rough start on the recruiting trail at the beginning

I don't think Ambrose is allowed to physically coach the players. I'd be for this hire. I think he would have a rough start on the recruiting trail at the beginning

I'm pretty sure he breaks down game film and gives his thought to Brown though. It is more indirect coaching than anything.

Back