What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

News on Bieniemy Interview

Got this from a buddy of mine subscribed to rivals.

Kyle Ringo wrote it. But apparently Kyle talked to an anonymus person on the search committee and said that the EB interview was very impressive. I dont know if yall know this but Mike wants every candidate to have a list of their desired staff prepared for the interview. The person on the search committee told Kyle he cant say names, but according to kyle, the staff EB wants to bring here is a championship staff, and kyle thought an immediate turn around or 2 years would get CU competitive again with the staff that EB has in mind.
One thing is apparently it has EVERYONE gone from this staff. Cabral, Ambrose, prince, everybody. the only person maybe still on it is Hagan, and not even as a coach, but as a recruiting coordinator.

So i ask, 1-Who do yall think is on this coveted staff? and 2- How do you feel about cabral and the coaches most people want getting the boot? i dont care about collins, Eric k, riddle and company.

Well, you can check on this but I'm pretty sure that "Recruiting Coordinator " is no longer a position. It is an added duty to a Coach. Soooo..if that is Hagan's job to be, then he will still have a coaching position as well.

I jumped on the EB bandwagon a couple weeks ago. It would be very interesting to see what happens in the first year if he gets the job since he is such a high risk, high reward coach

my question is, if EB is hired, what happens with the vikings? Doesnt he have to finish the season there?

The problem I have with statement like this, is that it doesn't take into account what Coach Cabral wants for himself. I mean, the guy's 54 years old. I'm pretty sure that at this stage in his life, he's figured out what the best all-around thing is for him is. Some people, and I suspect he's one of them, find their place in life, and are perfectly happy being there. Not only that, but if you take them out of that, and promote them/move them to a position of more importance & responsibility, they aren't productive or happy.

I know the man has said he'd love to be the head coach of CU. But seems to me that he's perfectly happy and productive just being the LB coach here. If that's what he wants (or is happy staying as), then who the hell are we to tell him what the best thing for him is?
BC very much wants to be a head coach. Has for at least 8 years.

If Haggan stays it will be interesting to see what his duties are. He is a solid recruiter and a bright guy, seems to be intense and dedicated. On the negative he seems to have a hard time getting along with certain guys.

One thing I am sure of with EB is that nobody is going to run over him personalitywise. EB will stand his ground with his staff. EB also has not had any experience as a coordinator but is very knowledgable in regard to being a position coach, especially on the offensive side of the ball. I am hoping that his presence makes our position coaches more effective by being held accountable and also being supported in their jobs.

With recruiting contact starting tomorrow I'd care to guess someone will have to start calling these kids. Cabral and Hagan could get forced on to the new coach like Shawn Watson was forced on Pellini in exchange for keeping the class together. You gotta remember that even if we settle on someone, and there are no rumors to that effect that someone has been settled on, negotiating a contract is the next step and that could take some time. We might not have a coach under contract for another 10 days.

We have a class of five, some of whom do not really have any other options. Forcing Cabral and Hagan on the next coach to hold that together would be very, very stupid.

Come on, BB. Don't let silly things like facts get in the way of MB's fellating of ****braska and pelini.

Has anyone heard if EB had any contact with Tim Brewster? They were both in the state of Minnesota at one time. Is that too much of a stretch? The combo of EB and Brewster would be phenomenal for recruiting.

i think this could be good. with the right staff, EB might even be able to throw a good recruiting class together this year.

...that would be epic for the long term health of the program.

i'd love to see a quick turnaround and some nice EB-lead ass-kickings of usc and ucla in the coming years. that would make me very happy.

Man I'm excited about the possibility. Hopefully the staff is a strength, as some have suggested. This could be quite a wild ride for Dear Ol' CU in the next few years. Pass me some of that kool-aid!

Back