What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Next Season's Results...

Hmm. I thought Sipili was by far our best backer. David Ubben of ESPN named him our defensive MVP. He led the Buffs in tackles. I guess I have heard some good things about Bell, but I still expect him to be a liability. Stanford has a probable #1 NFL draft pick at QB, which we do not. I think it was a total team thing, not just a scheme that we can copy.

I don't want to be negative about the team here, but I can't just pretend that Cal game didn't happen. It will take a tremendous effort to have a winning season because of the abysmal recruiting of the las 3 years. I think a winning season next year would go down as one of the special seasons in Colorado football history. Lets go Buffs!!!

We're basically running the same offense. Stanford beat them 3 of the past 4 years, including 2007 when USC had vastly superior talent and the loss was the main reason the Trojans didn't play for a national championship.

P.S. Sipili was a major liability in pass coverage while Nobriga was able to play nickel corner he's so good in that department. Beatty was passed by Hartigan at LIZ this past season. Perkins and Major were our leading tacklers while they were healthy. Our entire DL returns. And we lose a lot at corner, but I assume you know better than to think Arthur Jaffee is in line to see significant minutes. It's Pugh and Bell heading into spring.

Last edited:
You guys are such downers. We have a senior QB with a pretty good RB, some good WRs, an experienced TE that we will most likely utilize more, and a very experienced OL. The defense needs some work in the secondary, but things have worked out before with inexperienced groups. When Hypolite and Nicolas graduated, we had nothing ready to go at DT. Not that Pericek and Cunningham are world beaters, but they're solid.

Yes UCLA beat Texas, they also lost to Kansas State. Arizona and Arizona State are hardly teams that can assume wins over anyone. AZ also loses their star QB. Cal is an entirely different team on the road. USC should regress more next year and they weren't really the USC of old with their 8-5 record this season. Washington State really sucks, Washington is ok, but that game is winnable. Stanford minus Harbaugh and Luck is an entirely different team.

I'm going with 6-8 wins, somewhere in there. I'm going to have some faith in the new staff which I think is a massive upgrade over the previous staff.

I'm shocked that you don't see Arizona and Arizona State as winnable games.

Even against USC, with the system we're playing and their numbers being down due to NCAA sanctions, we'll have a great blueprint for beating them from the last few years of Stanford games.

I could definitely see a tough year, but I also see the potential for something pretty special. Way too early to be writing our 2011 Buffs off.

You should know better than anyone that USC's numbers will barely be down if at all :huh: :sad1:. ****ing smart cheaters! :lol:

You should know better than anyone that USC's numbers will barely be down if at all :huh: :sad1:. ****ing smart cheaters! :lol:

They've got a roster limit of 75 scholarships. It's going to be tough for them to get there. They had 73 this season, graduate 17, are having a handful of guys enter the draft early, and even lost a couple more guys to transfer. They're going to need to pull in 9 or 10 early enrollees while avoiding more attrition if they want to be at 75 next season. Then, they better hope that they stay healthy.

http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=995&CID=1101304

But where we see the real impact of these NCAA penalties in 2012 since they won't be able to back any scholarships back into the 2011 class.

They've got a roster limit of 75 scholarships. It's going to be tough for them to get there. They had 73 this season, graduate 17, are having a handful of guys enter the draft early, and even lost a couple more guys to transfer. They're going to need to pull in 9 or 10 early enrollees while avoiding more attrition if they want to be at 75 next season. Then, they better hope that they stay healthy.

http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=995&CID=1101304

But where we see the real impact of these NCAA penalties in 2012 since they won't be able to back any scholarships back into the 2011 class.

Yup. and in 2013 when they have all the holes in the roster that are being filled by frosh and transfers. Looking forward to our first pac12 game int he coliseum, we got a good shot :thumbsup:

People underestimate the quality of PAC 10 teams because it's easy to do so by saying that the conference is not sending many teams to bowl games. But if you look a little deeper, the picture gets a bit more interesting:

Teams not going to bowls:
ASU - Eligible for a bowl at 6 - 6. Lost to Wisconsin by 1 and Stanford by 4. Beat Arizona.
Cal - We know what happened in Berkeley to us. Lost by 2 to Oregon in a game they should have probably won.
OSU - Tough OOC schedule. TCU, Boise, and Louisville. Beat USC and Arizona.
UCLA - They suck, but they managed to beat Texas.
USC - Went 8 - 5 and are not in a bowl.
WSU - They are horrible.

Just FYI, ASU is not bowl eligible. Two of their six wins were against FCS opponents, and only one FCS win of six can count towards bowl eligibility, so they needed to win seven to be bowl eligible this year. They did apply for a waiver to that rule and were denied. That being said, they might be decent next year, but they've been very inconsistent under Erickson.

will Embree ever get a chance to prove he can recruit

Next year's Senior class is pretty good, but the schedule is rough.
If they are then rebuilding you could see something like:

5 wins in 2011
3 wins in 2010

And all momentum is lost. Hawkins had momentum after going 6-6 in year two and going to a bowl (where they lost a close one to Alabama). That momentum last one year, fell off a bit, and then the next year was toast.

Embree absolutely has to win early. Don't care how good of a recruiter they are, when a program is perceived as going nowhere, the sales pitch is just hot air.

Next year's Senior class is pretty good, but the schedule is rough.
If they are then rebuilding you could see something like:

5 wins in 2011
3 wins in 2010

And all momentum is lost. Hawkins had momentum after going 6-6 in year two and going to a bowl (where they lost a close one to Alabama). That momentum last one year, fell off a bit, and then the next year was toast.

Embree absolutely has to win early. Don't care how good of a recruiter they are, when a program is perceived as going nowhere, the sales pitch is just hot air.

Reverse the two and you are right, I think.

Bama played us that bowl game. They went up 27 or 28 in the first Q. Saban slow plays when they are up that much. We had a chance late in the game, but could neer get over the hump with Hawk. That Bama team wasn't very good.

Why in the name of God would we keep this game on the schedule next season? Cal is in the Pac 12 last time I checked. We need to get out of this game and play San Jose St or someone like that.
Both programs are really hurting for money.

Here is my early projection - subject to change after spring and fall.

Hawaii - Tough to take that long trip and win but I think the Buffs should be favored here. Win.
Sept 10th...is this going to be the CAL game or something else ----regardless should be a Win
CSU- Win
OSU - This one is a lost....doubt this team will go into Columbus and win.
WSU - This one should be a win. WSU is bad and this is in Boulder
Stanford - This one may not be as tough as it looks....Luck will be gone. Stanford will be favored so an L for now.
Washington - This team is hard to figure out. Should of been better this year. Locker will be gone. Toss up in my mind.
Oregon - This is a loss.
Arizona State - Another Toss up...have not been impressed with the Wildcats lately. In Folsom I would favor the Buffs...Toss up.
USC - I will put this as a loss but not as overmatched as it could be.
Arizona - Another Tossup - AU did not look as good as they were suppose to be....
UCLA - I am putting this down in the win column. This is one I really want.
Utah - This is a tossup in my mind.

I have 5 wins, 4 tossups and 4 losses. I only see OSU as an almost impossible task. Split the tossups and have an upset with one of the projected losses and we are at 8 wins. Remember we have 13 games in 2011.

****. Seriously, we need to schedule lowly FBS teams like New Mexico so that we can get the 3 easy OOC wins and only have to win 3 games in conference, well I guess it'll be 4 this year. Ugh it's gonna be rough with this schedule.
I agree - why not?

Here is my early projection - subject to change after spring and fall.

Hawaii - Tough to take that long trip and win but I think the Buffs should be favored here. Win.
Sept 10th...is this going to be the CAL game or something else ----regardless should be a Win
CSU- Win
OSU - This one is a lost....doubt this team will go into Columbus and win.
WSU - This one should be a win. WSU is bad and this is in Boulder
Stanford - This one may not be as tough as it looks....Luck will be gone. Stanford will be favored so an L for now.
Washington - This team is hard to figure out. Should of been better this year. Locker will be gone. Toss up in my mind.
Oregon - This is a loss.
Arizona State - Another Toss up...have not been impressed with the Wildcats lately. In Folsom I would favor the Buffs...Toss up.
USC - I will put this as a loss but not as overmatched as it could be.
Arizona - Another Tossup - AU did not look as good as they were suppose to be....
UCLA - I am putting this down in the win column. This is one I really want.
Utah - This is a tossup in my mind.

I have 5 wins, 4 tossups and 4 losses. I only see OSU as an almost impossible task. Split the tossups and have an upset with one of the projected losses and we are at 8 wins. Remember we have 13 games in 2011.

D'oh. Rare BlackNGold brain fart.

Back